Crime
Pembroke Dock raids: One man in court today as three released on bail
Update follows major Gordon Street operation reported on Friday
ONE man is due to appear in court today (Monday, Feb 16) following last week’s armed police operation in Pembroke Dock, as officers confirmed that three other suspects have been released on bail.
The Herald reported on Friday (Feb 13) that firearms officers, dog units and multiple police vehicles were deployed to Gordon Street during a pre-planned operation involving several specialist departments.
Dyfed-Powys Police has now provided an update on the outcome of the raids.
Two men, aged 37 and 35, and a woman aged 32 — all arrested during Friday’s operation — have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
A fourth suspect, a 28-year-old man arrested for failing to appear in court, has been recalled to prison.
Officers also confirmed that a fifth person was arrested the following day, Saturday (Feb 14).
Zack High, aged 26, has since been charged with grievous bodily harm and is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court today.
During the initial operation, police said arrests were made for a range of suspected offences including grievous bodily harm, firearms possession, drugs supply, fraud, and possession of a bladed article.
Detective Sergeant Jamie Hughes, of Pembrokeshire CID, previously thanked the community for its patience during the large police deployment and said the action demonstrated that officers would “deal with offenders robustly and efficiently”.
Crime
Man who attacked woman outside Milford Haven bar ‘shows no remorse whatsoever’
Judge halts hearing after victim statement reveals ongoing facial injuries
A MAN who admitted causing serious injuries to a woman outside a Milford Haven bar has had his sentencing postponed after a judge ordered further medical evidence to be obtained.
Ben Jenkins, aged 27, of St Lawrence Avenue, Hakin, appeared before Swansea Crown Court on Monday (Feb 16) for sentencing after being found guilty to causing grievous bodily harm to a female motorist outside the Nos Da Bar on Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on Guy Fawkes Night, November 5, 2023.
The court heard the case had been listed for sentence, but proceedings were halted part-way through the prosecution’s reading of the victim personal statement when new details emerged about the ongoing impact of the injuries.
Prosecutors told the court that the victim continues to suffer significant facial deformity more than two years after the incident, including a swollen cheek, an altered smile, and the presence of a bone fragment lodged within her sinus cavity.
At that stage, His Honour Judge P H Thomas KC intervened and directed that updated medical reports must be obtained before the court could properly assess the seriousness of the injuries and determine an appropriate sentence.
The victim’s statement described the profound physical and psychological consequences of the assault. She told the court that her confidence had been shattered and that her “world has become small”, with day-to-day life affected by pain, anxiety, and ongoing medical uncertainty.
Judge Thomas said the court required further clarification on the permanence and long-term prognosis of the injuries before sentence could be passed. He also made clear his concern about the defendant’s attitude.
“Ben Jenkins still shows no remorse whatsoever,” the judge remarked, indicating this would be a relevant factor when sentencing eventually takes place.
The hearing was adjourned to allow medical evidence to be obtained, and the case will now return to Swansea Crown Court for sentencing on April 17.
Jenkins remains on bail pending the next hearing.
Crime
Governors defend leadership at Milford Haven School after stabbing incident
GOVERNORS at Milford Haven Comprehensive School have issued a public statement responding to concerns about leadership and staffing following last week’s serious on-site incident.
The Governing Body said staff have shown “remarkable professionalism, resilience and care for our pupils” during what it described as a very challenging period.
Governors added they have maintained a daily presence in school and praised the teamwork shown by staff across all departments.
They confirmed the headteacher remains absent due to injury, with the deputy head leading the school day-to-day.
The Senior Leadership Team was described as “proactive and effective”, ensuring the school continues to run smoothly and with clear direction.
Addressing one of the key local questions, governors said a new Business Manager had already been appointed.
They stated the new postholder was in place for a full week before the previous manager left, allowing for a proper handover.
Meanwhile Pembrokeshire County Council says additional welfare support is now in place, including the Education Psychology team on site, counselling provision and an increased presence from the School Police Liaison Officer.
The authority also confirmed the Director of Education remains in daily contact with school leaders.
The statement follows last week’s incident in which a 15-year-old pupil was charged with attempted murder, grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of a bladed article. The case has been sent to Swansea Crown Court.
Governors say a meeting for parents will be held after half term to discuss the school’s response to Estyn recommendations and plans moving forward.
They added they remain “fully committed to working with openness, respect and a shared determination to secure the very best outcomes for our pupils.”
Crime
Four arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
Firearms, drugs and GBH suspects detained as pre-planned raids hit Bush Street and Gordon Street
A MAJOR armed police operation across Pembroke Dock on Friday (Feb 13) has resulted in four arrests, police have confirmed.
Heavily equipped firearms officers, dog units and CID teams carried out a pre-planned operation across Bush Street and Gordon Street, sealing off several roads and entering multiple addresses.
The Herald reported live from the scene as officers moved between locations, first targeting a flat on Bush Street shortly after 11:30am before extending cordons into neighbouring streets and making further arrests near the Jobcentre on Gordon Street.
Residents described a large and highly visible response, with armed officers carrying carbines and ballistic shields and specialist teams guarding doorways while searches were conducted.
Police vehicles blocked both ends of the streets for several hours.

Arrests confirmed
In a statement, Dyfed-Powys Police said the coordinated action involved several departments and led to four people being detained.
Those arrested were:
• A 37-year-old man on suspicion of grievous bodily harm
• A 28-year-old man for failing to appear in court
• A 35-year-old man for failing to comply with a drug treatment and testing order, fraud, possession of a firearm, and being concerned in the supply of class A drugs
• A 32-year-old woman for possession of a bladed article, being concerned in the supply of class A drugs, and possession of a firearm
Detective Sergeant Jamie Hughes, of Pembrokeshire CID, told the Herald the police were active proactively to combat criminality in the area. He said: “We would like to thank the community for their support and patience whilst we undertook our operation in Pembroke today.
“I hope it serves as a reminder to those in Pembrokeshire that police will take action against those who intend to commit crime in our county and will deal with offenders robustly and efficiently.”

Streets locked down
The Herald witnessed officers entering properties, deploying dog units and escorting suspects away in handcuffs as enquiries continued.
Access between Bush Street, Gordon Street and surrounding roads was restricted while searches were completed.
Residents said the scale of the response was unlike anything normally seen in the area.
Anyone with concerns is asked to contact police via 101 or through the Dyfed-Powys Police website.
More updates as they come in.

-
Health5 days agoHealth Board to decide future of nine key services at two-day meeting
-
Charity7 days agoWelsh patient voices help shape new UK-wide online kidney forum
-
Business7 days agoComputer Solutions Wales under fire from customers
-
Community6 days agoFacebook ‘news’ site targeting Herald editor collapses after community backlash
-
Community7 days agoCalls for traffic calming in Neyland after car hits house
-
Community8 hours agoHywel Dda hospital services decisions will be made next week
-
Crime3 days agoFour arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
-
Crime7 days agoWoman admits two shop thefts and banned from town supermarkets








