Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

West Wales: Estate agent to benefit from takeover

Published

on

John Francis branch in Tenby

John Francis branch in Tenby

COUNTRYWIDE PLC, the UK’s largest property services group, has increased its regional footprint in Swansea and across South Wales with the recent acquisition of leading estate and lettings agency, John Francis Estate Agents.

John Francis operates a 21 branch network covering Swansea and South Wales which serves all aspects of the property market, including services in residential sales and lettings, commercial sales, auctions, new homes and financial services. The business has a market leading reputation for its modern approach, IT innovations, high quality and professional customer service and knowledgeable and trained employees.

John Francis will continue to operate as normal under its well established brand name, managed by Directors Bethan Edmund–Harper and Richard Emmanuel. All employees will continue to work in their current roles while benefiting from Countrywide’s shared marketing and IT services, national scale and unrivalled property market insight.

Bethan Edmund-Harper, Director at John Francis Estate Agents, said:  “We are delighted and excited to have joined the UK’s largest property services group. John Francis is a strong brand and a well known business in Swansea and across South Wales, and as part of Countrywide we believe that the business will continue to flourish and grow. The business will continue to trade as normal across our branch network and our employees will continue to deliver a high quality customer service as always.”

Established since 1999, John Francis has grown from strength to strength, driven by its former owners, Nigel Jones and Trevor Carr. Both Nigel and Trevor will continue to support the business in the short term as consultants, Nigel focusing mainly on property auctions and Trevor in new homes.

Nigel Jones, Former owner of John Francis Estate Agents, said:  “Trevor and I are pleased to have sold John Francis to Countrywide, as we believe the business will continue to develop and benefit from their retail structure and strategy.

“Countywide particularly stood out to us as a business that focuses not only on its customers needs but also on the training and development of its employees. They can provide our employees with the opportunity to build on their current strong skills and achieve industry recognised qualifications.”

Bruce Evans, Commercial Director for Countrywide, said:  “John Francis is the perfect fit for Countrywide, as the business has achieved a market leading position with a dedicated team of 130 employees that are renowned for delivering a high quality, reliable, honest and professional service.This business plays a key role in our retail division strategy, to expand our regional footprint and stand out as a responsible key player in the property industry.

“As the UK’s largest property services group, we are dedicated to bringing people and property together and make sure all of our customers are united with their dream home.  We do this by developing a deep understanding of our customers and their needs, which is supported by our integrated group structure.”

A representative of John Francis told The Herald that the company had been informed about the deal on Monday, and that their customers had been notified by telephone yesterday (Nov 12).

“It’s exciting news; we’re getting backed by a major player to expand the John Francis brand,” they added.

“They will give us the latest technology, advertising support, and massive financial backing, which will enable us to grow the brand exponentially.”

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Tomos

    November 16, 2015 at 4:34 pm

    dealt with countrywide in the past (both Manns and Beidgefords) – big,all targets
    and pushy 🙁

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Breaking bread proves costly

Published

on

A PEMBROKE man who thought it would be funny to destroy a pallet of bread has been given a conditional discharge.

Jack Boyle, aged 18, of Main Street, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates Court on Tuesday (Oct 16) to plead guilty to a charge of criminal damage.

Prosecuting, Mr Abul Hussain told the Court: “On August 4, the defendant was on a night out and thought it would be funny to damage a pallet of bread. This happened in the early hours of the morning and he came across the pallet outside the SPAR store in St Clears and thought it was a good idea to pick up the pallet and remove the bread and smash it.

“In his interview he said he thought it was funny to do that.”

Defending, Rebecca Carter said: “Yes he has said that but he is remorseful for his actions and the only reason he did this was because he was intoxicated. It is highly unlikely he will find himself in this position again.”

Before sentencing, Magistrates asked him ‘why did you take it out on a pallet of bread?’ to which he replied saying it was a ‘silly action’.

Boyle was given a conditional discharge for the offence and warned he would be punished for this offence if he was to commit another one in the next 12 months.

As well as that he will have to pay £50.78 in compensation, a £20 victim surcharge and £85 in court costs.

Continue Reading

News

Tenby raising awareness of Indonesia Tsunami Appeal

Published

on

A WAVE has swept over Tenby’s North Beach, detailing how to donate to the Indonesia Tsunami Appeal.

‘Sand circles’ artist Marc Treanor designed and created the wave pattern in the sand to raise awareness of the Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC) Cymru’s Indonesia Tsunami Appeal, which was launched on October 4 to raise funds for the survivors of the Tsunami.

The Appeal was launched after a powerful earthquake struck the Indonesian island of Sulawesi on September 28 and triggered a tsunami, leaving behind a trail of destruction.

Tens of thousands of homes have been destroyed and entire communities were decimated and cut off from any contact for days. 2,091 people are confirmed dead, more than 5,000 are feared missing and 200,000 survivors are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance.

So far the Welsh public have raised over £450,000 for the appeal, and DEC Cymru hopes that Marc Treanor’s eye-catching design will help raise more awareness of the appeal and edge Wales over the half a million mark.

Rachel Cable, Chair of DEC Cymru said: “We’re incredibly grateful to Marc Treanor for using his skill and talent to raise awareness of the Indonesia Tsunami Appeal.

“Life doesn’t stop after a natural disaster: babies still get ill, people still need food and water and families need a roof over their heads. With your donations DEC charities are providing essentials like this to survivors in Indonesia, and with more funds we can reach more people.

“The people of Wales have already done amazingly well to raise over £450k – let’s keep going to help as many people as we possibly can. We may be a small nation, but we have a lot of heart.”

To make a donation to the DEC Indonesia Tsunami Appeal visit www.dec.org.uk, call the 24-hour hotline on 0370 60 60 900, donate over the counter at any high street bank or post office, or send a cheque. To donate £5 text HELPU to 70000. Texts cost £5 and the whole £5 goes to the DEC INDONESIA TSUNAMI APPEAL. You must be 16 or over and please ask the bill payer’s permission. For full terms and conditions and more information go to www.dec.org.uk

Stay up to date with developments in Indonesia, the emergency response and the fundraising efforts with the DEC on twitter: www.twitter.com/decappeal or on Facebook via www.facebook.com/DisastersEmergencyCommittee

Continue Reading

News

Council wants your comments on its Improvement Review

Published

on

PEMBROKESHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL has published its Improvement Review which details the Authority’s performance in 2017 – 2018.

This annual report assesses whether the Council has met the improvement objectives which it set for that year and how it has contributed to the seven national goals in the Well-being of Future Generations Act.

As well as reporting back on actions and performance indicators, the review contains information on spending, work with other local authorities and how citizens can get involved in planning for future service improvements.

Council Leader, Councillor David Simpson said 2017-18 was the year that Pembrokeshire County Council started a process of ‘significant change’.

“Some of this change will take time, but I am confident the momentum is building,” he said.

“As a Cabinet we have developed a Programme for the Administration. This is the first time that the political leadership of this Council has set out its stall and provided clarity and direction. We also have re-launched and re-energised Transformation programme.

“The Council is continuing to make progress on improving school results and the 21st Century school building programme is leading to new or substantially refurbished primary and secondary schools. This investment will create learning environments that are fit for the future.

“We made progress across a broad range of other services including social care, as well as decisions to how waste services will be delivered in future.”

“We balanced the budget in 2017-18, but as we look forward to future years, it is clear that the size of the financial challenge we face is growing. Whilst our transformation programme will play its part in making savings, it is clear that we as a Council face some very hard choices.”

Continue Reading
News2 hours ago

Breaking bread proves costly

A PEMBROKE man who thought it would be funny to destroy a pallet of bread has been given a conditional...

News1 day ago

Alec Don resigns as Chief Executive of Port Authority

MILFORD HAVEN PORT AUTHORITY has confirmed that Alec Don, Chief Executive, has resigned. The Port said that with the support...

News2 days ago

Mount Estate: Man arrested after gas explosion threat

ARMED POLICE have arrested a man on the Mount Estate in Milford Haven this afternoon (Oct 16) after responding to...

News2 days ago

Work goes on for NRW in aftermath of storm

AFTER a weekend of heavy rain and floods which hit South West Wales particularly hard, the clear up has begun....

News2 days ago

Police appeal following five burglaries

DYFED-POWYS POLICE is appealing for information that could help their investigation into five burglaries in the Solva and St Davids areas....

News3 days ago

Milford Haven: Rescuers attend to ‘females on roof’

POLICE have been dealing with a 999 call from the Mount Estate, Milford Haven this evening (Oct 15), following concerns...

News3 days ago

Suspended sentence for ‘amateur’ £10k blackmail plot

A LETTERSTON man tried to blackmail £10,000 from a man who had sexual activity with him when they were both...

News3 days ago

Police say ‘stop protecting’ murder suspect Steve Baxter

JUST over two weeks ago Simon Clark, aged 54, was found dead at Grove Caravan Park in Pendine, Carmarthenshire. Dyfed-Powys...

News3 days ago

Pembrokeshire man drowned in stormy Cardiff waters

A PEMBROKESHIRE man tragically drowned in the stormy waters at Penarth Marina near Cardiff on the weekend. The 32-year-old, who...

News4 days ago

Police name Carmarthenshire man killed by Storm Callum landslide

DYFED-POWYS POLICE has confirmed the man who died in a landslide at Cwmduad during Storm Callum yesterday (Oct 13) is...

Popular This Week