Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Parents concerned over teenage ‘gangs’ threatening violence

Published

on

CONCERNED parents of Ysgol Harri Tudur pupils have taken to social media after an incident involving teenagers from Milford Haven and Pembroke Dock required police intervention last week.

Police say that upwards of 30 teenagers were at one known disturbance near the old Cleddau Bridge Hotel on Friday (Jan 11) and were promptly dispersed.

Earlier the same day, police were called to Milford Haven School about a fight involving several pupils, which was filmed and circulated on Facebook. You can read the full report on that here.

A Dyfed-Powys Police spokesperson said: “On the evening of Friday, January 11, Dyfed-Powys Police officers attended at old Cleddau Bridge Hotel area in Pembroke Dock after receiving information of a disruption.

“A crowd of around 30 teenagers had gathered. Officers carried out some stop searches, offered words of advice and the group was dispersed.

“No offences were committed and no further police action was required.”

Posting on Facebook, concerned parents have said that their children were brought home by police officers and told not to go near the McDonald’s area of Pembroke Dock for their own safety over the weekend.

One parent claimed that, due to the number of teenagers involved, a riot van was at the scene.

Another parent, talking to us based on the promise of anonymity, said that a ‘gang’ of Milford Haven teenagers had arrived in Pembroke Dock after threats were made on the social media platform Snapchat.

A third parent of one of the boys involved, also talking anonymously, said: “There were threats made on a Snapchat group that 20 Milford boys would be waiting at Pembroke school to ‘stab them’.

“They threatened to stab three separate boys. One Milford boy was spotted outside the school on Friday and then 31 Pembroke Dock boys went to the train station to meet the rest of the gang who were supposedly coming to the Dock on a train.

“The police then took some of the children home for their own safety and some parents were told not to let their children into Pembroke Dock alone over the weekend.

“I have been contacted by parents in Milford Haven about the main boy involved. I have been told he is a ‘menace’ and terrorises kids in Milford but nothing has been done about it.”

The Herald has contacted Dyfed-Powys Police about these claims for further comment.

Police have also urged members of the public and students at Milford Haven School not to circulate the video of a fight between pupils at the school that day.

Sgt Andy Williams from Dyfed-Powys Police said: “We are investigating this incident, which appears to have involved a small group of students during a break time. Due to the location, a high number of students were in the area at the time, making it appear that far more students were involved.

“We are aware of a video that is circulating on social media which allegedly identifies those involved in the assault, and recognise the strength of feeling which exists in respect of this.

“Please refrain from sharing the video and from making any comments on the video which could amount to a criminal offence. This is in order to allow for a thorough investigation and to prevent the investigation being undermined.

“We also urge people not to take matters into their own hands or get involved in any unlawful activity which could hamper police enquiries. Where any criminal offences are committed, we will take appropriate action.

“There will be an increased police presence at the school this week to provide reassurance to students, teachers and parents.

“We are working with the school and Pembrokeshire County Council to conduct our investigation. Anyone with information is asked to report it by calling 101.”

News

Dale Road: Several have minor injuries after two vehicle accident

Published

on

EMERGENCY SERVICES are attending a two-vehicle road traffic accident on the B4327 Dale Road.

Two fire crews from Haverfordwest as well as police were called at around 3pm today (Aug 16).

A van and a car are involved.

Avoid the area at the present time

The Herald understands that several people are being treated for minor injuries.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Continue Reading

News

Tenby: Hotel goes into administration as new owner’s business empire collapses

Published

on

A POPULAR Pembrokeshire hotel has gone into administration.

The Fourcroft Hotel in Tenby how faces an uncertain future. It’s parent company Northern Powerhouse Developments reportedly suffered a £14m operational loss last year.

The 40-bedroomed hotel, which had been in the ownership of the same family for over 70 years, was bought by Northern Powerhouse Developments for an undisclosed sum in January 2017.

New boss Gavin Woodhouse said at the time: “This is the first of four hotels we are acquiring and opening in South Wales to complement our existing hotels up and down the coastline of the United Kingdom.”

“The Fourcroft will be the sister hotel to the Llandudno Bay Hotel and Spa and part of the group’s premier hotel collection.

“We are keen to compliment the local businesses and hope to be part of the future success of Tenby and the surrounding areas.”

NPD was founded by Gavin Woodhouse to focus on investment in the leisure and tourism industry.

According to ITV News, at the High Court hearing, Justice Alastair Norris was told that Woodhouse had been withdrawing tens of thousands of pounds from a bank account he had kept secret from administrators.

Below: Video by The Guardian regarding the missing millions which have plagued Gavin Woodhouse’s businesses

Appointment of Administrators

In the High Court of Justice

Court Number: CR-2019-005297

FOURCROFT HOTEL (TENBY) LIMITED

(Company Number 00772050)

Nature of Business: Hotels and similar accommodation

Registered office: Unit D2 Elland Riorges Link, Lowfields Business Park, Elland, HX5 9DG

Principal trading address: The Croft, Tenby, SA70 8AP

Date of Appointment: 8 August 2019

Names and Address of Administrators: Philip Francis Duffy (IP No. 9253) and Sarah Helen Bell (IP No. 9406) both of Duff & Phelps Ltd, The Chancery, 58 Spring Gardens, Manchester, M2 1EW

Further details contact: The Joint Administrators, Tel: 0161 827 9000. Alternative contact: Chloe Chan, Email: Chloe.Chan@duffandphelps.com

Ag JG50885

Continue Reading

News

Coastguard call-out after missing cliff climbers fears

Published

on

EMERGENCY services were called to the Stack Rocks area on Thursday August 15, following concerns for the safety of two climbers.

The emergency services were called following fears over the safety of some climbers when climbing gear had been found at the top of the cliff near Bullslaughter Bay, with the owners nowhere to be seen.

At 9.11pm, Tenby Coastguard rescue team, St Govan coastguard rescue team, Tenby Lifeboats RNLI ALB, Angle Lifeboat RNLI ALB and Coastguard rescue helicopter 187 were called to search for possible missing persons in the vicinity of Stack rocks.

Tenby’s RNLI all-weather lifeboat was launched just after 9pm and made best speed towards the scene, 10 miles west of Tenby, while Tenby and St Govans Coastguard rescue teams and Coastguard rescue helicopter 187 also made their way.

An RNLI spokesman said: “Once on scene, the volunteer crew began their search from Stackpole Head towards Bullslaughter Bay.

“With darkness fast approaching, it was decided to launch Angle all-weather lifeboat so that the search for anyone in difficulty could be widened.

“Sometime later, the helicopter spotted some climbers and directed Angle lifeboat to their position, and, while speaking to them, they confirmed it was their climbing gear and that they were in no difficulty.

“All units stood down and returned to their respective stations, with Tenby lifeboat arriving back on station at about 12.15am.”

H M Coastguard Tenby, posting on Facebook, added: “Coastguard and RNLI were quickly on the scene with the Coastguard officers searching from land along the coastline and RNLI lifeboats commencing a water search.

“Once Coastguard rescue helicopter 187 arrived on scene they managed to quickly locate two climbers using FLIR [Forward-Looking Infra-Red].

“Angle RNLI was then directed to the persons and made contact with the climbers and confirmed that the equipment found belonged to them and that they did not require assistance.”

Continue Reading
News20 hours ago

Dale Road: Several have minor injuries after two vehicle accident

EMERGENCY SERVICES are attending a two-vehicle road traffic accident on the B4327 Dale Road. Two fire crews from Haverfordwest as...

News23 hours ago

Tenby: Hotel goes into administration as new owner’s business empire collapses

A POPULAR Pembrokeshire hotel has gone into administration. The Fourcroft Hotel in Tenby how faces an uncertain future. It’s parent...

News1 day ago

Woman rescued from Caldey after suspected arm fracture

A WOMAN, suffering a suspected fractured arm after a fall on Caldey, was taken to hospital on Thursday, August 15....

News3 days ago

Pembrokeshire high streets shortlisted for UK awards

TWO Pembrokeshire high streets have been shortlisted to win up to £15,000 in this year’s Great British High Street Awards....

News3 days ago

National Park in top 10 UK travel experiences

EXPLORING the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park has been named as one of Lonely Planet’s 10 best travel experiences in the...

News3 days ago

Casualty taken to hospital after Caldey rescue

A CASUALTY was taken to hospital following a rescue operation from Caldey Island on Monday, August 12. Posting on Facebook,...

News4 days ago

Pembroke Dock: Cyclist airlifted to hospital following RTC

EMERGENCY SERVICES rushed to Wavell Crescent in Pembroke Dock on Tuesday afternoon (Aug 13) after a young boy on his...

News4 days ago

Police search home of former Carmarthenshire County Council boss Mark James

POLICE OFFICERS have executed search warrants at properties in Carmarthenshire, Swansea, and Kent. Their actions are part of an investigation...

News4 days ago

Withybush: Man arrested after hunt for alleged knifeman

A TWENTY-FOUR-year-old man is being questioned by police following a hunt for an alleged knifeman in Haverfordwest. Police were calling...

News6 days ago

Refinery could be out of action for weeks, costing Valero millions

THE FALLOUT from Friday’s disruption to the national electricity supply across many parts of the UK will be serious for...

Popular This Week