Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Herald prize giveaway winners announced

Published

on

THE WINNERS of The Pembrokeshire Herald 300th issue prize giveaway have been announced.

Combining both online and postal entries, just shy of 3,000 people entered the competition.

To celebrate the 300th issue of The Pembrokeshire Herald, the newspaper contacted many of its advertisers, and assembled roughly £3,000 worth of prizes. Three lucky people won 11 prizes each. Those winners were announced as Chantelle Boswell, Sue Hedley and Amanda Jayne McKnight.

Herald Editor Tom Sinclair said: “This is one of our biggest ever competitions, with thousands of pounds worth of prizes – everyone at the Herald is looking forward to handing over these amazing prizes to the lucky winners.”

THE WINNERS

Chantelle Boswell won: a £50 voucher for a start up tropical fish set from Coast Aquatics; entry for two at Hangar 5; a £100 Tesco voucher; a £50 voucher for Haven Tyres; Clerkenhill Adventure Park family pass for two adults and four children; a free makeover by professional make-up artist Simone Bowen; two start-up guitar lessons; a £25 voucher for Clever Clogs in Haverfordwest; a family pass for Borth Wild Animal Kingdom; grass cut to the value of £25 from Top Notch Gardening and a luxury meal for two at the Griffin Inn, Dale.

Sue Hedley won: Sunday lunch for two from The Old Coach House in Fishguard; a full set of Pronails gel extensions from Betsan’s Beauty worth £40; one hour of laser tag for eight people at CQB Adventure; two fish and chip suppers from Fecci & Son’s; a free dental examination worth £60 from West Street Dental in Fishguard; a MOT voucher worth £45 for Top of Town Motors in Fishguard; a £25 voucher for Bombay Brasserie; tickets for Cats the musical; two tickets for Wales v England on August 17 in a Rugby World Cup warm-up match; a family pass for Oakwood Theme Park and free issues of The Herald for the rest of the year.

Amanda Jayne Mcknight won: a £100 Currys voucher; a £20 BBQ voucher for Prendergast Butchers; Sunday lunch for two from the Bus Stop Café; a men’s haircut once a month for rest of 2019 from Freestyle Barbers; one litre of homemade ice cream from Hooked @ 31; a bottle of Welsh Gin from the Royal Oak; brow definition treatment from Fab-u-lash; a £40 voucher for Jamangie Trading; dermal planning treatment from Coastal Aesthetics; a three month gym membership worth £105 for Synergy in Pembroke Dock and a family ticket for Easter Funday at Ffos Las.

The three winners will visit the Herald office for a chance to win a week in a Welsh holiday cottage, which would normally cost £1,000. This prize will be drawn on Tuesday April 23 at 4.30pm.

Continue Reading

News

Campers from Cardiff sent packing

Published

on

PEMBROKESHIRE Road Policing Unit (Pembrokeshire RPU) have this morning, June 5, reported nine individuals for breaching coronavirus regulations.

The occupants of the three vehicles, all from the Cardiff area, had moved barriers that had been in place to close off the carpark to the public and set up camp for the night.

A Pembrokeshire RPU spokesperson said ‘Three vehicles from the Cardiff area located at Abereiddy this morning.

“The occupants of the vehicles, who’d travelled down overnight, had moved the barriers that had been used to close the car park. Having done so they then set up camp nearby.

“All nine persons present were reported for breaching coronavirus regulations. One was further dealt with by means of an out of court disposal for possession of cannabis.

“Rubbish cleaned up, car park closure reinstated, vehicles escorted out of Pembs.”

Continue Reading

News

Police urge visitors to ‘check the rules’

Published

on

POLICE in Powys are reminding people to check the rules before they travel, as tourists from the Midlands, London and Bristol continue to visit despite lockdown restrictions.

Last weekend more than 1,000 cars were turned around by police in the Brecon Beacons after visitors attempted to access the area around Ystradfellte known as ‘waterfall country’.

Many of those stopped claimed they thought the rules around travel were the same as in England, while others had deliberately flouted them.

Seventy-two per cent of people reported for breaches of Covid-19 restrictions in Powys since March 27 have been from outside the police force area.

“I would like to thank the communities of Powys for their cooperation in recent months in complying with requirements of the Covid 19 legislation and also reassure them we are still working hard with our partners to police the restrictions that remain in place across Wales,” said Superintendent Steve Davies.

“Our officers have worked hard to engage with the public at every opportunity throughout these unprecedented times by explaining what we are doing and why, and encouraging people to make the best choices to protect public health in Wales.

“But where people have clearly flouted the rules we have dealt with them appropriately and issued fines.”

He said officers will continue to conduct stop checks throughout Powys and across the force area this weekend.

In England, people can now travel an unlimited distance for exercise and to access so-called ‘beauty spots’.

But the Welsh Government has said people must remain local – ideally not travelling further than five miles from their home – for exercise or limited leisure pursuits, and this also applies to anyone travelling across the border.

Wales’ three national parks – which include popular sites such as Snowdon, the Elan valley and the Pembrokeshire coast – currently remain closed to the public, as do all National Trust car parks and properties.

The latest Welsh Government advice is available at gov.wales/coronavirus.

Continue Reading

News

Coastal car parks at beauty spots remain closed

Published

on

THE RECENT changes in regulations reinforce that movement is restricted to your local area.

This has been identified by the Welsh Government as an approximation of a five mile radius from your home.

Members of two separate households from the same local area (not travelling more than five miles) can now meet outdoors, as long as they maintain social distancing.

You should aim to meet another local household as close to your home as possible. Always take care to maintain social distancing and hand hygiene.

Pembrokeshire County Council car parks at attractions and beauty spots (including public toilets) currently remain closed so you should check before travelling.

They remain closed as a clear message that travel remains restricted, and associated tourism amenities remain closed.

A critical point for all to note is that lifeguards are not currently patrolling beaches and toilets and other facilities are not open.

Full details of the car parking facilities which remain open for the local community can be found on the Council’s website:
https://www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/emergency-planning/service-changes

Councillor Phil Baker, Cabinet Member for Infrastructure said: “The emphasis is on careful, structured unlocking, and not to put in danger any of the recovery measures that relate to public health and not to undo the safeguarding that lockdown has delivered.

“We will continue to review and monitor this carefully and take cautious, measured steps only to provide the benefits of the eased regulations without putting our residents at risk.”

Motorists are reminded not to contravene parking restrictions – such as yellow lines – where they exist as parking enforcement is still being undertaken.

As with other service areas, car parks will be reviewed in line with current advice.

Continue Reading
Community3 days ago

Remembering the collapse of the Cleddau Bridge fifty years on

TODAY, marks the 50th anniversary of the collapse of the Cleddau Bridge, then called the Milford Haven Bridge, a day...

News5 days ago

Hart defends a tweet police boss says is incorrect

WELSH Secretary Simon Hart has defended a tweet accused of being incorrect by a chief constable. The MP for South...

News5 days ago

Shielding people can meet others and exercise outdoors

CHANGES to advice for people shielding from coronavirus are being introduced from Monday 1 June, Minister for Health and Social...

News1 week ago

Pembroke Dock: Lorry driver fined for driving whilst disqualified

A LORRY driver has been fined after getting behind the wheel only three months after being disqualified from driving. Gary...

News1 week ago

Local MP’s concern at re-opening of Mc Donald’s Drive Thrus

A LOCAL MP has expressed his concern regarding the planned re-opening of the Mc Donald’s Drive Thru in Haverfordwest. Stephen...

News1 week ago

Amphetamine worth £22,500 found in car at Pembroke Dock

Two men who claimed to have driven from Cardiff to Pembroke Dock for a cleaning job were found to have...

News2 weeks ago

Message stays the same: Please do not visit Pembrokeshire this bank holiday weekend

With another Bank Holiday weekend on the horizon, visitors and second home owners are again being urged not to travel...

News2 weeks ago

Nigel Owens hosts virtual rugby quiz for Pembroke Panthers

PEMBROKE Panthers RFC enjoyed a rugby return during lockdown after winning a competition which saw international referee Nigel Owens host...

News2 weeks ago

How Wales created 19 new field hospitals in less than 8 weeks…

Across Wales the Welsh Government is supporting the NHS to create new field hospitals and rapidly increase bed capacity. Health...

News2 weeks ago

Pembrokeshire County Council leader’s coronavirus update, May 20th

Pembrokeshire County Council Leader, Councillor David Simpson, has provided a further coronavirus update for Wednesday, 20th May, as follows: ‘Once...

Popular This Week