News
Police helicopter and coastguards in search for missing pensioner

OFFICERS from Dyfed-Powys Police are appealing for the public’s help to find a missing 86 year old woman, Margaret James.
She was last seen at 5.30pm on Sunday (Mar 21) at her home in Stackpole.
Her family have said that this is out of character for Margaret, and they are concerned for her welfare.
She is believed to have left home in her car – a blue/silver Mercedes Benz C Class, registration number LT13 WVZ. She has not driven for some time, so this is also cause for concern.
Margaret is described as having grey hair, a slightly hunched back, and is approx 5’6” tall. She was believed to have been wearing trousers, and usually wears glasses.
Officers are carrying out extensive searches of the surrounding area.
The search is being supported by a police helicopter, and coastguards from Tenby.
Anyone who has seen Margaret or the car, or may have information that could help the search is asked to contact us as a matter of urgency.
Police said: “You can contact us online at bit.ly/DPPContactOnline, by emailing 101@dyfed-powys.pnn.police.uk, or by calling 101. If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired text the non-emergency number on 07811 311 908.”
Crime
Over 120 Carmarthenshire people identified as ‘money mules’ in fraud probe

More than 120 people in Carmarthenshire, mostly living in the Llanelli area have handed over their personal bank details to criminals involved in money laundering in exchange for financial gifts.
Economic Crime Team officers from Dyfed-Powys Police identified the individuals as part of an ongoing criminal investigation and issued notices advising them to stop the activity immediately or face prosecution.
Throughout February, the team visited people who had been linked with a suspected fraudster, as part of Operation Henhouse – a month-long nationwide clampdown on fraud offences.
On speaking to those involved, officers learned how the individuals opened online bank accounts using their personal information and identification and gave their account login details to criminals in return for cash, who then used their bank accounts to launder money obtained through crime.
The team offered safeguarding advice and warned them about the dangers of opening bank accounts to be used by someone else for criminal activity.
Many were unaware of the implications of what they had done and thought it was an easy way to make some money. Some were given financial gifts ranging from £50 to £200, while others were promised money but did not receive it.
Dyfed-Powys Police Fraud Investigator Sian Stevens said: “Through intelligence, we were made aware of a fraudster who recruited a number of people in the Llanelli area to open bank accounts, which were then subsequently used for money laundering purposes.
“The Economic Crime Team visited over 120 individuals in February to explain that they had been used as a money mule – this is someone, who has allowed their bank account to be used to send criminal money. We issued them with cease and desist notice to interrupt any further fraud by making sure they were aware what they were doing was a criminal activity.
“Many of the people were linked to each other. Some were family members or in the same friendship groups, ranging from young adults to pensioners. The accounts had been opened as a direct or indirect interaction with the fraudster.
“For example, there were some instances where an individual opened a bank account after contact with the fraudster and then went on to tell their friends, ‘you can earn £50 if you open up a bank account and give the details to this person’ and so on. That was just one of many examples how the fraudster managed to obtain personal bank details.”
Dyfed-Powys Police Economic Crime Team Manager Paul Callard said: “People fall victim to fraud every day and the impact on victims can be devastating, both financially and emotionally.
“They can be taken advantage of by criminals and encouraged to allow their accounts to be used. People should be very careful about who they provide their personal information to.
“We will not tolerate fraudulent activity and will look to tackle criminals at every opportunity.”
How to avoid becoming a victim of fraud
- Always use the ABC of scam awareness. Never Assume or Believe a caller, email or text is genuine. Always Confirm by contacting a trusted relative, friend, your bank’s fraud department or the police to check it is genuine.
- Remember the police will never call you asking you to assist with an investigation by withdrawing cash for them to collect, or requesting to collect your bank card. If you receive a call purporting to be from the police and are unsure it is genuine, ring them back via 101 using a different telephone.
- Avoid clicking on links in emails and text messages from unknown sources, as they are liable to be a scam.
- Always use a strong and separate password for your email address by using three random words.
Do you know what will happen if you are caught allowing criminals to use your bank accounts to money launder?
You could face prosecution and go to prison for up to 14 years.
It will be difficult to get a phone contract.
Your bank accounts will be closed.
You will have problems applying for credit.
Community
Pembrokeshire projects are building success

PEMBROKESHIRE County Council’s Building Control Team is congratulating local building and design projects for success in the LABC Building Excellence Awards 2024.
The LABC Building Excellence Awards are the largest business to business awards in the building control sector.
They celebrate buildings and design teams that have overcome the challenges of complex technical and construction issues and put the spotlight on innovative and creative building work.

In Pembrokeshire, D & O Construction Ltd, Julian Bishop Architect, Redstone Architecture and AB Rogers & Son Ltd, Hayston Development & Planning Ltd all achieved success on some high profile local projects.
In the Regional LABC Building Excellence Awards 2024, Berry Lodge, Newport won the Best Residential Extension in Wales prize with work carried out by D & O Construction Ltd and with agents Julian Bishop Architect and Redstone Architecture.
Highly Commended was the development at Plas Y Castell, Llawhaden, carried out by AB Rogers & Son Ltd and Hayston Development & Planning Ltd.
The Berry Lodge development then went forward to the Grand Finals at Grovesnor House in London where the top projects across the UK were celebrated.

Council Building Control Manager Sam Goodwin said: “Building Control is delighted to work on these projects which highlight the skill and innovation of developers locally.
“Pembrokeshire County Council Building Control is proud to be part of LABC Awards. The Local Authority Building Control (LABC) awards were set up to celebrate excellence achieved through high building standards, technical innovation and sustainable designs.
“The Awards are an opportunity for the industry to celebrate good building practice and winners demonstrate how positive working relationships with local Council building control teams achieve high quality, sustainable buildings.
“The awards are unique because they recognise how this cooperation improves building standards and professionalism across the industry and it is great to see local contractors, agents and designers within Pembrokeshire receive recognition in achieving these standards.”
If you would like to contact Building Control at Pembrokeshire County Council, please contact Building Control via the website www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/building-control or alternatively contact 01437 764551
Community
Forties dance to mark end of Second World War

PEMBROKE DOCK will step back in time this summer to mark 80 years since the end of the Second World War, with a special one-off Forties-themed dance.
The event, taking place on Saturday, June 21, will commemorate both VE Day and VJ Day in a night filled with 1940s fashion, music, and nostalgia. It will be held in a 400-capacity marquee at the former Royal Dockyard, generously sponsored by the Port of Milford Haven and supported by street food vendors.
Organised by the Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre team, the dance will also raise funds for a unique heritage project – returning the RAF Pembroke Dock Memorial Window to the town. The memorial has been on display at the RAF Museum in London for the past 30 years.
Wartime favourites will be brought to life by the renowned Phil Dando Big Band, making a welcome return to Pembroke Dock. The band, known for its Glenn Miller-era repertoire, has delighted local audiences in previous Forties dances that saw guests turn out in period fashion and vintage military uniforms.
Peter and Marilyn Mitchell, long-standing members of the Heritage Centre’s volunteer team, are already planning their outfits.
“Check out local charity shops for wartime-era fashions,” they said. “Forties fashion was stylish, and it’s surprising what you can still find today – or recreate quite easily and affordably.”
Tickets for the dance cost £25 and are available via Eventbrite, directly from the Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre (01646 684220), or from the Pembroke Dock Town Council offices on Dimond Street.
-
Community7 days ago
Funeral arrangements confirmed for popular local entertainer, Matt Baker
-
Business5 days ago
SpaceX eyes Milford Haven for new UK facility
-
Crime5 days ago
Pembrokeshire farm worker accused of threatening to burn employer’s farm
-
Crime5 days ago
‘Yeah but no but’ insult to female officer lands Monkton man with court fine
-
Crime6 days ago
Pembrokeshire beach dog ban enforcement changes expected
-
Features5 days ago
‘We weren’t wild. We were unprotected’: A generation groomed and forgotten
-
Community6 days ago
Spectacular evening of music at Ysgol Greenhill
-
Crime4 days ago
Leaked messages reveal shocking culture at HMP Parc amid misconduct probe