Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Jail for gang who plundered Narberth businesses

Published

on

swansea crown court

Swansea Crown Court

THE LEADERS of a gang who plundered almost an entire enterprise park at Narberth have been jailed today.

Anthony Jones, aged 28, and Llewellyn Luce, 37, spent four hours rampaging through businesses on the Rushacre park in Redstone Lane before driving away with more than £40,000 in cash, tools and equipment.

Swansea crown court heard how they got away in a stolen £12,000 Volvo transporter van that was never seen again.

And the vast majority of the stolen items were never recovered.

Dean Pulling, prosecuting, said the pair broke into Apple Blossom cleaners, Rushacre Garage, Premier Stoves, Tradeframe Manufacturers and Silverstone Green Energy, and tried to get into two other businesses and a storage shed, in the early hours of December 22 last year.

They stole £1,650 in cash from Apple Blossom and caused more than £5,000 worth of damage. They also broke into Christmas presents and took a distinctive bottle of wine that detectives would later find on top of a wardrobe at Luce’s home.

From Rushacre garage they stole the van and more than £20,000 of tools and equipment, of which £10,000 worth was not recoverable via insurance.

At Silverstone Green Energy the pair “destroyed” an antique safe and got away with £1,200 in cash and £3,100 worth of tools while causing £1,650 worth of damage.

Jones and Luce also stole cash, cameras, stamps and other valuables from Premier Stoves and Tradeframe Manufacturers.

Mr Pulling said the burglaries were not discovered until the following day but detectives were able to track the transporter van on CCTV cameras along the M4 motorway.

They noticed it seemed to be in convoy with a Ford Fiesta belonging to Lisa Jones. And CCTV coverage of her at a service station put her in company with other members of the gang.

Police then examined mobile telephone traffic between them—and found the tell tale bottle of wine at Luce’s home.

Anthony Jones, aged 28, of Lister Street, Accrington, Luce, of The Woodlands, Penygarn, Pontypool, Lise Jones, 25, of Snatchwood Court, Pontnewynydd, Pontypool, and her then boyfriend, James Lawson, 25, of Whitegate Close, Padiham, Burnley, each admitted five burglaries and three attempted break ins.

Jones was jailed for four years and Luce for 21 months.

Lisa Jones and Lawson were jailed for two years, suspended for two years, and ordered to carry out 240 hours of unpaid work for the community.

Lisa Jones and Lawson said they had acted as look outs.

Judge Paul Thomas said Anthony Jones, who had 43 previous convictions, was a “prolific, professional and undeterrable burglar” of commercial premises who only stopped when he was in prison.

Despite living in Accrington his previous offending included burgling businesses in Pembrokeshire.

He said all four had gone into a “large scale, organised, commercial burglary expedition with their eyes wide open.”

Those who play with fire, he added, get their fingers burned.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Pembroke: Leave teenage girls alone, sex offender told

Published

on

A SEX OFFENDER from Ashdale Lane, Pembroke has been jailed for repeatedly ignoring court orders which were put in place to protect young girls.
Gareth Thomas James Flynn, aged 41, frightened a 14-year-old girl who refused to get off a bus in case he managed to find out where she lived.
41-year-old Gareth Thomas James Flynn scared a 14-year-old girl because she refused to get of a bus, frightened he would learn her address.
He admitted breaching a Sexual Harm Prevention Order and was jailed today for a year.
Sitting at Swansea Crown Court, Judge Geraint Walters berated the defendant.  His Honour said that Flynn had shown a complete disregard for the original SHPO.
The judge said: “Leave teenage girls alone. They are scared of you”
He told Flynn he would be on licence for 12 months after his release from prison, and he reminded him that the SHPO remained in place.

Continue Reading

News

Narberth: ‘My mum’s camper was stolen and found burned out down the road’

Published

on

A CAMPER VAN stolen on Thursday night in Narberth was found burned a short distance from where it was parked, the owner’s son has said.

Zachary Bunce posted an appeal on Facebook on Friday morning saying: “Can every single one of my friends please share this my mother’s Ford transit campervan was stolen last night in the Narberth area can people please be on the lookout for this van as my mother is completely heartbroken.”

But three hours later he updated the post to say: “Thank you everyone who shared, sadly my mums van was driven 1.3 miles down the road and driven into a ditch and burnt it out.

Mr Bunce has said on that the incident has been captured on CCTV, and took place at 2.10am in the morning (Jan 24).
Anyone with any information should contact the police on 101.

Continue Reading

News

Hook: Police and school confirm death of boy, 13

Published

on

POLICE are investigating the sudden death of a 13-year-old boy from Hook on Wednesday (Jan 22)

A police spokesman told The Pembrokeshire Herald: “Dyfed-Powys Police is investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 13-year-old boy, from the Hook area of Pembrokeshire.

“The death is not being treated as suspicious at this time. Next of kin have been advised and are being supported.”

A letter was sent out to parents and carers by Haverfordwest High VC School headteacher Jane Harries following the death. The letter reads: “It is with great sadness that I have to inform you about the sudden death of a year nine pupil at our school.

“The children in Year nine were told this morning by myself and other pupils were told by their teachers during their lesson this afternoon. The full detail surrounding the death are not known at this stage – but children have been reassured that this is something that does not happen very often. Your child may or may not want to talk bout it, but it is likely that he/she will need your special care, attention and reassurance at this difficult time.

“We are deeply affected by the death, but we are trying, for the children’s sake, to keep the school as normal as possible over the coming days, whilst allowing the children opportunities to talk about the pupil if they wish to. Trained support staff and counsellors are helping to support us through this difficult time. If you feel that your child needs extra support, please let us know.

“Our thoughts are with the pupil’s family at this difficult time, and the whole school community sends them our sincerest sympathy and support. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s achievement leader, or Miss Thomas, pastoral support manager. Paul Lucas, chairman of the governing body at Haverfordwest High VC School, said: “The governors are shocked at the tragic loss of this young student. The family are in our thoughts at this very sad time.”

Continue Reading
News2 days ago

Narberth: ‘My mum’s camper was stolen and found burned out down the road’

A CAMPER VAN stolen on Thursday night in Narberth was found burned a short distance from where it was parked,...

Community2 days ago

Dairy challenges Pembrokeshire kids to win £1,000 for their school

ECO-FRIENDLY kids in Pembrokeshire are being urged to get creative with recycling and win their school £1,000. The call comes...

News2 days ago

Hook: Police and school confirm death of boy, 13

POLICE are investigating the sudden death of a 13-year-old boy from Hook on Wednesday (Jan 22) A police spokesman told...

News3 days ago

No action at Cardiff Airport over virus

THERE were no checks or screening at Cardiff airport this morning (Jan 23) as international concern continues to grow about...

Education5 days ago

No opt-out for learning about religion, relationships and sexuality

PARENTS will not be able to prevent their children from learning about religion, relationships and sexuality in the new curriculum....

Business5 days ago

Air Link Wales now flying from Haverfordwest

AVIATION company Flitestar Private Air have launched their new Air Link Wales Programme connecting Haverfordwest, Caernarfon and Cardiff with other...

News5 days ago

Pizza chain serves up new jobs

THIRTY new jobs have been created with the opening of a national pizza chain in Haverfordwest. Domino’s opened its new...

News5 days ago

Chopper crew helps to rescue surfer at Freshwater West

A WINDSURFER who got into difficulty was rescued from Freshwater West by rescue services on Sunday (Jan 19). HM Coastguard...

News6 days ago

Luke Evans to lead new ITV drama ‘The Pembrokeshire Murders’

MURDER MYSTERY and The Alienist star Luke Evans is to lead an ITV crime drama focused on west Wales. The...

Community6 days ago

Marisa celebrates in style with Chatty Man Alan Carr

A Slimming World Consultant from Whitland celebrated their group’s success by meeting chat show host and comedian, Alan Carr. Alan,...

Popular This Week