Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

Crime

Pembrokeshire farm worker accused of threatening to burn employer’s farm 

Published

on

A PEMBROKESHIRE farm worker has appeared before magistrates charged with threatening to burn his employer’s 375-acre estate and threatening to kill a work colleague.

Latvian national Janis Dambrans, 52,  appeared in custody before Haverfordwest magistrates  on Monday, charged with threatening to burn ‘everything’ at at farm in the Crundale area.

The Crown alleges that the threat was made on March 24 after Dambrans’  employer terminated his employment.

“He didn’t take that very well and threatened he would burn everything,” Crown Prosecutor Dennis Davies told the court.  “This was taken as a threat to commit damage to the farm property.”

Dambran is also accused of threatening to kill his work colleague, Andres Romanos, during an alleged altercation at the farm on February 25.

“The defendant approached Andres Romanos and told him that  he would kill him,” continued Dennis Davies.  “He was then  seen picking up a piece of wood, and tried to assault the victim with it.”

Dambran is further  accused of pouring petrol over the doorstep of Mr Romanos’ caravan and car, and attempting to set fire to them in June, 2024.

“He was seen by witnesses lying on the ground in a very intoxicated state, but was unable to use his lighter to set fire to the caravan and the car,” said Dennis Davies.

On March 23, Dambran is accused of going to the doorstep of Mr Romanos’ caravan carrying two daffodils.

“This is an indication of a death threat in Latvia,” said Dennis Davies. 

Denied charges of  attempted arson; making threats to kill Mr Romanos; causing Andres Romanos to fear that violence would be used against him; making threats to burn everything belonging to Clare Morgan and possessing an offensive weapon in a public place, namely a piece of timber.

“The police have stated that the defendant has serious issues with alcohol and the Crown requests that he be remanded in custody,” concluded Dennis Davies.

Magistrates granted the Crown’s request, and Dambrans was remanded pending his next appearance  at Swansea Crown Court on May 2. 

Crime

Fined for dropping cigarette at Milford Haven Tesco

Published

on

A LLANELLI man who dropped a cigarette outside Tesco in Milford Haven has been fined over £570 after failing to attend court.

Mark Evens, aged 42, of Llys Westfa, Llanelli, was found guilty in his absence at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (Apr 3).

The court heard that on September 3, 2024, Evens discarded a cigarette butt in a public place to which section 87 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 applied.

He was fined £220 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £88 and prosecution costs of £266.66. A collection order was made, and the full balance of £574.66 must be paid by May 1.

Continue Reading

Crime

Court adjourns marine enforcement case

Published

on

A SWANSEA man failed to appear in court after being accused of refusing to comply with a marine enforcement officer.

Ieuan Rhys Davies, aged 29, of Seaview Terrace, Penclawdd, is accused of failing to stop his vessel when directed by Marine Enforcement Officer Matthew Dawkins on June 6, 2024.

The case, brought under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009, was adjourned until May 1 at 2:00pm.

Magistrates have ordered that Davies must attend the next hearing or risk a warrant being issued for his arrest.

Continue Reading

Crime

Pembroke man denies cocaine drug-driving charge

Published

on

A PEMBROKE man has pleaded not guilty to drug-driving following an incident last summer.

Sean Agnew, aged 58, of Vetch Close, appeared at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (Apr 3) for a further case management hearing.

He is accused of driving a Nissan Qashqai on Hywel Way, Pembroke, on August 1, 2024, while unfit through drugs. It is alleged that a blood test showed a level of Benzoylecgonine — a breakdown product of cocaine — at more than 92 micrograms per litre of blood, exceeding the specified legal limit.

The charge is brought under Section 5A(1)(a) and (2) of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

Agnew entered a not guilty plea on February 4 and has been released on unconditional bail.

He is due to appear again at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (Apr 10) at 10:00am for a further case management hearing before District Judge J Layton. The case is expected to last 20 minutes.

Ella Passey appeared for the prosecution on behalf of CPS Wales (South West).

Continue Reading

Charity17 hours ago

Royal visit celebrates Pembrokeshire charity’s community impact

STAFF, volunteers and visiting pupils at Lower Treginnis Farm were delighted to welcome a very special guest on Wednesday (April...

Business1 day ago

Valero refinery escapes Trump’s new tariffs

Fuel imports spared as US tries to avoid price hikes THE VALERO oil refinery in Pembroke has escaped the impact...

Crime1 day ago

Leaked messages point to leadership crisis at HMP Parc

Staff mocked suicide and bragged about assaults as G4S failed to intervene A CULTURE of violence, cruelty and neglect flourished...

News2 days ago

Cleddau Bridge Hotel site housing development takes a step forward

CASTELL GROUP, in partnership with Pembrokeshire County Council, have completed the sale for the redevelopment of the former Cleddau Bridge...

Business2 days ago

Pembrokeshire Council rules out ‘toxic tourism tax’ – for now

VISITORS to Pembrokeshire will not face a new overnight tourism tax—at least not during the current county council administration. As...

News2 days ago

Shellfish gathering labelled ‘out of control’ in Saundersfoot

COUNCILLOR DEMANDS ACTION AS 250 COCKLE PICKERS DESCEND ON LOCAL BEACH ANGER is growing in Saundersfoot after more than 200...

Crime2 days ago

In court charged with intentional strangulation of woman

A PEMBROKESHIRE man is to appear before a Crown Court judge for trial charged with the intentional strangulation of a...

Crime3 days ago

Leaked messages reveal shocking culture at HMP Parc amid misconduct probe

The facility houses many prisoners from Pembrokeshire, and is the largest jail in Wales A SERIES of leaked messages obtained...

Business3 days ago

SpaceX eyes Milford Haven for new UK facility

Talks underway for rocket factory at former Black Bridge armament depot SPACE-X, the aerospace company founded by billionaire Elon Musk,...

Crime4 days ago

Victims praised as 1980s child rapist jailed for 16 years

A POLICE detective has praised the “immense strength” of two survivors of child sexual abuse after their attacker was finally...

Popular This Week