Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

Crime

Juror denies misconduct over collapsed school stabbing trial

Published

on

A JUROR accused of misconduct after the collapse of a school stabbing trial has appeared in court.

Christopher Elias, aged 45, of Waunceirch, Neath Port Talbot, is alleged to have failed to disclose a personal connection to someone involved in the case and to have previously been a pupil at the school where the incident happened.

The charge relates to the first trial of a 13-year-old girl who stabbed two teachers and a pupil at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman, Carmarthenshire, in April 2024. That trial was halted in October 2024 after the judge ruled there had been a “great irregularity in the jury.”

Prosecutors allege Elias used his knowledge of the school and individuals connected to the case to try to influence fellow jurors. He has denied a single charge of engaging in prohibited conduct while serving on a jury.

The girl was retried and in April this year was convicted of three counts of attempted murder and sentenced to 15 years’ detention.

Elias’s case will be transferred to a crown court in England, with a trial date still to be fixed. He was granted unconditional bail until 26 September.

Pictured: Air Ambulances at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman, Carmarthenshire, in April 2024

 

Crime

Man used vulnerable victim’s bank card at Milford Haven Tesco

Published

on

A 41-YEAR-OLD man has been given a suspended prison sentence after using a vulnerable man’s bank card at Tesco Extra in Milford Haven.

Mark Anthony Hambrook, of Keeston, admitted fraud by false representation when he appeared before magistrates.

The court heard that Hambrook dishonestly used the card on April 29, 2025, spending £220.

Magistrates said the offence crossed the custody threshold because it involved a breach of trust, a vulnerable victim, and was committed while Hambrook was on post-sentence supervision.

He was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months.

Hambrook was also ordered to pay £220 compensation, together with a £154 surcharge and £85 costs.

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Cilgerran man denies breaching court ban on keeping animals

Published

on

39-year-old accused of keeping a dog despite court-imposed disqualification order dating back to 2019

A CILGERRAN man has denied breaching a court-imposed ban on keeping animals.

Max Huntley, 39, of Castell Corwg, Cilgerran, appeared before Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 14) for a further case management hearing.

He is accused of breaching a disqualification order imposed under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

The court register states that Huntley was disqualified following conviction and sentence at Swansea Crown Court on March 14, 2019, for an offence under section 4 of the Animal Welfare Act.

The allegation now before the court is that, on or about August 10, 2025, at Castell Corwg, Cilgerran, he breached that disqualification by having custody of a dog.

Huntley has pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The case was adjourned to allow the prosecution to confirm details relating to the defendant and how a solicitor could contact him.

He was remanded on unconditional bail and must attend the next hearing at Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, May 27, at 10:00am.

The hearing is listed for further case management and is expected to last around 20 minutes.

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Fence posts thrown into field damage farming equipment

Published

on

POLICE are appealing for information after fence posts were removed and thrown into a field between Croesgoch and Llanrhian.

Dyfed-Powys Police said the alleged criminal damage happened sometime between Saturday, May 2 and Sunday, May 3.

The posts, which were next to woodland between the two villages, were removed from the ground and thrown into a nearby field.

They later became lodged in farming equipment, causing significant damage.

Police said the area is only accessible via a footpath.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dyfed-Powys Police online, by emailing [email protected], or by calling 101.

Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.

Quote reference: 26*366788.

 

Continue Reading

Community18 hours ago

Surfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach

CAMPAIGNERS took to the sea at Broad Haven today in a colourful protest demanding urgent action over sewage pollution in...

Health1 day ago

New NHS regional body raises questions over future hospital services in Pembrokeshire

Health bosses promise better joined-up care — but patients will want assurances over Withybush and travel distances PEMBROKESHIRE patients are...

Local Government2 days ago

Pembrokeshire County Council welcomes new chairman

CLLR DELME HARRIES has been elected chairman of Pembrokeshire County Council for the coming municipal year. Cllr Harries, who was...

News2 days ago

From Milford Mercury to County Hall for Pembrokeshire’s first female leader

Late councillor Mike Stoddart helped hold power to account for decades — now his daughter Tessa Hodgson leads the council...

Business2 days ago

Port reports record turnover, but debt, emissions and senior pay also rise

Annual report shows strong growth and major investment, but underlying figures reveal a more complex picture THE PORT OF MILFORD...

Community2 days ago

DARC radar: Campaigners ask Welsh Government to call in planning application

PARC AGAINST DARC has submitted an official request asking the new Welsh Government to call in the planning application for...

News4 days ago

State Opening overshadowed by Starmer leadership crisis

KING CHARLES has arrived at Parliament for the State Opening as Sir Keir Starmer faces the most serious crisis of...

News5 days ago

Rhun ap Iorwerth becomes Wales’ new First Minister

PLAID CYMRU TAKES POWER AFTER HISTORIC SENEDD VOTE PLAID CYMRU leader Rhun ap Iorwerth has become Wales’ new First Minister...

News5 days ago

Hotel was hit during a Luftwaffe bombing raid

THE COMMEMORATION, held on Tuesday (May 12), marked the anniversary of the wartime attack, with members of the community gathering...

News5 days ago

Starmer fights for survival as Labour civil war erupts

Cabinet split, ministers resign and MPs revolt as pressure mounts on Prime Minister after disastrous election losses KEIR STARMER is...

Popular This Week