Crime
Man jailed after sending sexual videos to supposed teenage girls online
Defendant sent explicit content within minutes of contact after being told children were aged thirteen and fourteen
A CARMARTHENSHIRE man who sent explicit sexual videos and messages to what he believed were underage girls has been jailed after being exposed by online paedophile hunters.
Devon Wildgust, aged 22, was arrested after contacting two social media profiles on the Connect2.me platform in November, unaware that both accounts were decoys operated by adult volunteers.
Swansea Crown Court heard that Wildgust first made contact with a profile on November 16. Despite being told the girl was thirteen, he continued the conversation, exchanged phone numbers and moved the chat onto WhatsApp.
The court was told the conversation quickly became sexual. Wildgust sent a photograph of a naked woman and suggested the girl take similar images of herself. He later sent a video of himself masturbating and made sexually explicit comments after being shown a photograph purportedly of the girl wearing a school uniform.
In messages shown to the court, Wildgust made graphic remarks about wanting to remove the uniform and engage in sexual activity. He also claimed he had previously engaged in sexual behaviour involving a friend’s younger sister — a claim he later told police was untrue.
Three days later, Wildgust contacted a second decoy profile on the same platform. Just seventeen minutes after initiating the conversation, he sent another explicit video of himself masturbating.
After being told the second girl was fourteen, he asked whether she liked older men and requested nude images, including asking to see her breasts. When the decoy replied that her mother had warned her never to send pictures, Wildgust told her her mother did not need to know.
On November 22, members of a paedophile hunter group confronted Wildgust at his home address in Ammanford and detained him before contacting police.
Wildgust was arrested and his mobile phone was seized, though he refused to provide the PIN code. Police attempts to access the device using specialist software were unsuccessful.
Four days later, officers were called after Wildgust breached his bail conditions by attending his stepfather’s address and refusing to leave. The court heard he was fearful of being targeted in the community after his identity became known.
Sentencing the defendant, Judge Geraint Walters said he was continually surprised that individuals were still committing such offences given the effectiveness of police investigations and online decoy operations.
He warned that consequences for offenders frequently extended beyond the courtroom, including being ostracised or driven out of their communities.
Defending, Emily Bennett said Wildgust had expressed disgust at his own actions and said the breach of bail occurred when he sought refuge after learning his identity had been circulated locally.
Wildgust, of Lon y Gruglas, Ammanford, pleaded guilty to two counts of attempted sexual communication with a child and one count of attempting to incite a child to engage in a sexual act. He had no previous convictions.
Taking into account his guilty pleas, Judge Walters sentenced him to two years in prison. He will serve up to half the sentence in custody before being released on licence.
Wildgust was also ordered to register as a sex offender for ten years and made subject to a sexual harm prevention order for the same period.
Support and advice
Anyone affected by sexual abuse, or concerned about the safety of a child, can contact the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000 or visit nspcc.org.uk for confidential advice and support.
Children and young people c
Crime
Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges
A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.
Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.
The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.
He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.
The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.
Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.
He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).
Crime
Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident
A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.
Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.
The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.
Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.
The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.
Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.
His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.
He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.
Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.
A spokesperson for Nos Da said the incident was connected with rooms upstairs at the Victoria Road premises, and did not take place in the bar itself, in the licensed area.
Crime
Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage
A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.
Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.
She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.
McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.
She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.
Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.
-
Community7 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
News19 hours agoWatchdog criticises health board over £10m GP contract checks
-
Crime3 days agoFarm owner in court after 26 dogs removed over welfare concerns
-
News2 days agoPaul Davies meets Openreach Cymru at the Senedd to discuss Full Fibre rollout
-
Crime3 days agoTree surgeon sentenced for failing to provide breath test
-
Crime3 days agoPembrokeshire teenager admits driving almost four times over drug-drive limit
-
News3 days agoMilford man admits handling stolen goods from three local properties
-
Crime5 days agoBuilder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims






