Crime
Paintball gun fired through letterbox in drugs debt intimidation
TWO men who fired a paintball gun through a Pembroke Dock man’s letterbox in the early hours of the morning as part of a drugs debt dispute were caught on CCTV – with a third later stealing the victim’s security camera.
Swansea Crown Court heard that Simon Bowen and Kyle Allerton targeted Brett Lesman during the early hours of Saturday (Aug 2), using the weapon to cause fear and intimidation. Footage showed the pair arriving at the property before discharging the paintball gun through the letterbox and fleeing the scene.

Moments later, a third man, Christopher Rees, was captured on the same CCTV entering the area and removing the security camera.
Bowen did not evade police for long. Officers stopped his BMW on Hamilton Terrace in Milford Haven shortly after the incident, leading to further discoveries unrelated to the paintball attack.
A subsequent examination of Bowen’s mobile phone revealed evidence of cocaine supply, including messages relating to prices, quantities and deliveries. A search of his home uncovered a Taser, a knuckleduster and a canister of pepper spray.
Bowen, aged 35, of Church Terrace, Monkton, Pembroke, pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, being concerned in the supply of cocaine, possession of cocaine, and three counts relating to prohibited weapons. He had no previous convictions.
Defending Bowen, Jon Tarrant told the court the offending was out of character, describing his client’s involvement as low-level dealing to a small circle of acquaintances.
Allerton, aged 27, of no fixed abode, admitted possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence. He has 12 previous convictions for 28 offences. His barrister, Dean Pulling, said the incident was an act of “stupidity” which his client deeply regretted.
Rees, aged 35, of Lewis Street, Pembroke Dock, pleaded guilty to theft and has three previous convictions. The court was told he played the least significant role in the incident.
Sentencing the defendants, Recorder Neil Owen-Casey said Bowen and Allerton had intended to cause fear and distress to their victim.
Bowen was sentenced to 33 months in prison. Allerton received a sentence of 34 months and two weeks. Rees was jailed for 30 weeks and was released immediately due to time already served on remand.
All three men were made subject to five-year restraining orders preventing them from contacting Mr Lesman and were ordered to pay a victim surcharge.
Crime
Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges
A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.
Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.
The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.
He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.
The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.
Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.
He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).
Crime
Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident
A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.
Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.
The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.
Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.
The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.
Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.
His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.
He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.
Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.
Crime
Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage
A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.
Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.
She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.
McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.
She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.
Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.
-
News6 days agoPalestine pledge backed by 36 new Senedd Members
-
Community5 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
Crime1 day agoFarm owner in court after 26 dogs removed over welfare concerns
-
Crime1 day agoTree surgeon sentenced for failing to provide breath test
-
Crime1 day agoPembrokeshire teenager admits driving almost four times over drug-drive limit
-
News7 hours agoPaul Davies meets Openreach Cymru at the Senedd to discuss Full Fibre rollout
-
Crime3 days agoBuilder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims
-
News1 day agoMilford man admits handling stolen goods from three local properties






