Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Calls for A40 improvements following smash

Published

on

A40dA BIKER was airlifted to Morriston Hospital last Friday (Jun 12) after a serious road traffic accident on the A40.

Four vehicles and a motorbike were involved in the collision on Arnolds Hill, and the A40 was closed in and out of Haverfordwest for around four hours. This caused significant congestion on the back lanes in the area, which was made worse by the number of weekend visitors entering the county, as well as people heading to Cardiff to watch Wales’ European qualifying game.

A local resident contacted the Herald while the diversion was in place saying that they feared that there would be another accident due to high traffic levels and the unfamiliarity of some drivers with the back roads used in the diversion.

A spokesperson for Dyfed-Powys Police said that they had received reports of the accident at 12.10pm, and promptly closed the road. The Swansea-based Wales Air Ambulance crew were airborne by 12.24 and assisted a road ambulance that was already on the scene.

The motorcyclist, 46-year-old Paul Hodson, known as ‘Chizzle’ from Milford Haven was airlifted to Morriston Hospital shortly before 2pm. He was returning from a funeral when the accident took place. At the time of going to press he was still in hospital with ‘serious’ injuries.

A40 to be dualled?

A STUDY commissioned last year could lead to further improvement work being carried out on the A40, according to a statement issued by the Welsh Government’s Transport Minister.

Last Friday (Jun 12) Edwina Hart AM provided an update on the study, which was undertaken in two parts. The first of these considered the existing and future traffic conditions, and discussed options for improvements along with probable costs.

The second part involved consideration of the wider economic impacts to the region of dualling the A40 and included consultation with businesses in the area.

The study considered the impact on areas currently served by the A40 such as Haverfordwest, Milford Haven and Fishguard, and the A477 such as Pembroke Dock and the south-coast tourism destinations.

The study reached a number of conclusions including that dualling of the A40 could provide positive returns in the longer term.

The study also found that there was a strong case for bringing forward a package of measures on the A40, in addition to the A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to Penblewin scheme, to improve traffic conditions between St Clears and Haverfordwest.

The measures would involve using the 2+1 layout currently working well on the recently completed A40 Robeston Wathen Bypass and the A477 at Llanddowror. These measures could be delivered in the short to medium term and would be developed to allow upgrading to dualling in the future.

Ms Hart said: “It is my intention to progress delivery of the A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to Penblewin scheme as soon as possible and to appoint an Employer’s Agent to develop an additional package of improvements for the A40. European structural funds are being set aside to support delivery of the Llanddewi Velfrey to Penblewin scheme. Officials will explore with the EU the feasibility of additional contributions from other sources of funding to support delivery of the additional package of measures. The study also concluded that addressing the perceived problems on the A40 would only form part of the solution to improving access to the Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone and Murco site. Congestion at Haverfordwest and along the A4076 is also an issue. I therefore also intend to work with Pembrokeshire County Council to consider options for improvements in this area. I will ensure that the benefits of the proposals implemented are fully evaluated once in place and that the findings are used in the development of further options to improve transport links along the A40 and A477.”

The news was welcomed by Pembrokeshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Transportation, Councillor Rob Lewis.

“This scheme has been a long time coming and we are pleased with this positive news”, Cllr Lewis told the Herald.

“We also welcome the Minister’s observation that by using the 2+1 road lay-out, the highway can to be dualled at a future date thus improving transport links both in and out of the county. We look forward to working with Welsh Government officials to implement the improvement plans as soon as possible.”

A spokesman for Pembrokeshire County Council added that as of yet, proposals for reducing congestion on the A4076 in the Merlins Bridge roundabout area have yet to be explored.

*See The Blue View for Preseli Pembrokeshire AM Paul Davies’ opinions on the matter.

Marc Tierney, Labour Assembly Candidate said: “The benefits of improving traffic flows between Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire are too important to ignore. When UK Government cuts pose great risks to developing infrastructure, using EU funding to upgrade the A40 is a reminder of how much we benefit from EU membership.

“But I’m certain the A477 shouldn’t be overlooked as an important gateway to the waterway. I will be lobbying for the trunking of the Cleddau Bridge, it’s critical to the success of the Haven Enterprise Zone. Reducing or removing the toll charge would have an immediate positive impact on our many small businesses as well as the financial burden for local residents crossing the bridge for work or family reasons.”

 

5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. Adam John

    July 21, 2015 at 10:34 am

    How the hell do you crash there? There’s no overtaking going downhill.

  2. Мы – сервис подбора финансовых решений,
    какой-нибудь помогает быстро определить и оформить займ, кредит или кредитную карту онлайн.

    как восстановить дебетовую карту при утере?

    Мы создаём удобный инструмент, где-нибудь вы можете:

    сравнить суждения банков и МФО
    выбрать лучшие условия под свою ситуацию
    оформить заявку онлайн за несколько минут
    Наша миссия
    Мы помогаем людям зарабатывать финансы быстро, безопасно и в отсутствие
    излишних сложностей, даже если:
    плохая кредитная история
    срочно нужны деньги
    банки отказывают
    Из-за чего выбирают нас
    ✔ Только жизненные предложения
    Мы регулярно обновляем сообщение, чтобы вы испытывали реальные условия,
    а не устаревшие данные.
    ✔ Экономия времени
    Вам не необходимо обходить десятирублевки сайтов — всё
    собрано в одном пункте.
    ✔ Большая вероятность одобрения
    Мы подбираем предложения с
    наибольшим шансом приобретения.

    ✔ Просто и удобно
    Оформление онлайн — без хвостов, звонков и визитов
    в офис.
    Безопасность и прозрачность
    Мы не выдаём кредиты и займы напрямую.

    Banksh.ru — это информационный сервис, который помогает
    выбрать верные финансовые продукты.

    Все заявки оформляются на официальных сайтах банков
    и МФО.
    Для кого-нибудь наш сервис
    тем, кому срочно нужны деньги
    людям с плохой кредитной историей
    тем, кто-нибудь ищет выгодные кредитные карты
    тем, кто-нибудь хочет сравнить предложения и выбрать лучшее
    кредитная карта с бесплатным снятием наличных где такая
    ⭐ Наша цель
    Сделать процесс приобретения финансовых услуг простым, понятным и доступным любому.

    Связь с нами
    Если у вас имеетесь проблемы или суждения — мы вечно
    обнаружены к возвратной связи https://banksh.ru

  3. Мы – сервис подбора финансовых решений, какой-нибудь помогает
    быстро определить и оформить займ, кредит или кредитную карту онлайн.

    как восстановить дебетовую
    карту при утере?
    Мы создаём удобный инструмент, где-нибудь вы можете:

    сравнить суждения банков и МФО
    выбрать лучшие условия под свою ситуацию
    оформить заявку онлайн за несколько
    минут
    Наша миссия
    Мы помогаем людям зарабатывать финансы быстро,
    безопасно и в отсутствие излишних сложностей, даже если:
    плохая кредитная история
    срочно нужны деньги
    банки отказывают
    Из-за чего выбирают нас
    ✔ Только жизненные предложения
    Мы регулярно обновляем сообщение,
    чтобы вы испытывали реальные условия,
    а не устаревшие данные.
    ✔ Экономия времени
    Вам не необходимо обходить десятирублевки сайтов — всё собрано в одном пункте.

    ✔ Большая вероятность одобрения
    Мы подбираем предложения с наибольшим шансом приобретения.

    ✔ Просто и удобно
    Оформление онлайн — без
    хвостов, звонков и визитов в офис.

    Безопасность и прозрачность
    Мы не выдаём кредиты и займы напрямую.

    Banksh.ru — это информационный
    сервис, который помогает выбрать верные финансовые продукты.

    Все заявки оформляются на официальных сайтах банков и МФО.

    Для кого-нибудь наш сервис
    тем, кому срочно нужны деньги
    людям с плохой кредитной историей
    тем, кто-нибудь ищет выгодные кредитные
    карты
    тем, кто-нибудь хочет сравнить предложения и выбрать лучшее кредитная карта с бесплатным
    снятием наличных где такая
    ⭐ Наша цель
    Сделать процесс приобретения финансовых услуг простым,
    понятным и доступным любому.

    Связь с нами
    Если у вас имеетесь проблемы или суждения —
    мы вечно обнаружены к возвратной связи https://banksh.ru

  4. backlinks

    May 7, 2026 at 10:05 am

    Привет, вебмастера — кто реально разбирается,
    зачем нужны входящие ссылки?

    Я тут задумался и понял — бэки
    — это как кислород для сайта.

    Тестил разные методы — от краудов
    до гостевых постов, но цены
    кусаются.
    Нашёл одну фишку, после которой пошёл рост.

    Не буду спойлерить, но вот ссылка — сюда backlinks .

    Там всё объяснено простым языком.

    Результаты приятно удивили — особенно по
    конкурентным запросам.

    Так что если ищете нормальный источник бэков, рекомендую
    заглянуть.
    Пока акция действует — лучше не тянуть https://amos.ukf.sk/blog/index.php?entryid=89736

  5. backlinks

    May 7, 2026 at 10:05 am

    Привет, вебмастера — кто реально разбирается,
    зачем нужны входящие ссылки?

    Я тут задумался и понял — бэки — это как кислород для сайта.

    Тестил разные методы — от краудов до гостевых постов, но цены кусаются.

    Нашёл одну фишку, после которой пошёл рост.

    Не буду спойлерить, но вот ссылка — сюда
    backlinks .

    Там всё объяснено простым языком.

    Результаты приятно удивили — особенно по конкурентным
    запросам.

    Так что если ищете нормальный источник бэков,
    рекомендую заглянуть.

    Пока акция действует — лучше не
    тянуть https://faster.lk/index.php?page=user&action=pub_profile&id=2271&item_type=active&per_page=16

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Cardigan musician to perform climate fundraiser concert

Published

on

CLASSICALLY trained Cardigan musician Rosalind Powell will perform a concert of original alternative pop songs next month in aid of Cardigan Extinction Rebellion.

The concert, Singing for the Future, takes place at St Mary’s Old School Hall, Cardigan, on Saturday, June 6, at 7:00pm.

Rosalind, who has a music degree from Cambridge University, is a composer, pianist and teacher of piano, singing and music theory.

The concert will show another side of her musicianship, with a programme of original songs drawn from her three albums, Sound Eagle, Circumference and Dragonfly.

It follows a successful recent launch event for Sound Eagle at the Cellar Bar.

Rosalind said: “Climate change and biodiversity loss are issues that I care deeply about, and I’m so pleased to be able to give my support through music.

“Our future is threatened by the climate and nature crises, but so many people are doing positive things to improve the situation and bring us hope. I’m glad this fundraiser will help towards that.”

Tickets will be available on the door, with a suggested price of £8, although those who cannot afford the full amount can pay less. Teas, coffees and cakes will also be available.

Rosalind’s Sound Eagle album recently received a warm review from The Pit London music site, which described it as “a dreamy and reflective world” and praised its blend of alternative pop, soft jazz influences and classical piano.

Rosalind said she has already been featured on 15 radio stations, will perform at Llangollen Fringe’s Music Around Town event in September, and is planning a West Wales tour later this year.

The concert falls on the first day of Great Big Green Week. Weather permitting, Cardigan Extinction Rebellion will also hold a street stall on Wednesday, June 10, giving away plants, seeds and information about gardening for wildlife.

 

Continue Reading

News

Car bursts into flames near Redberth Croft as road closed after incident

Published

on

Nobody injured after vehicle fire near A477 prompts emergency response

A CAR was destroyed by fire near the entrance to Redberth Croft on Tuesday evening (May 19), prompting a road closure while emergency services made the area safe.

The incident happened just off the A477 at Redberth, where a vehicle caught fire and rolled into a hedge and the new entranceway to Redberth Croft.

Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service attended the scene and successfully extinguished the blaze.

In a statement shared on social media, Redberth Croft thanked firefighters for their rapid response.

The business said: “A huge thank you to the Fire Brigade for their swift response in safely putting out a car fire that rolled into our hedge and new entranceway at Redberth Croft.

“Thankfully nobody was hurt, and we’re incredibly grateful for the professionalism and quick action of the emergency services.”

Photos from the scene show the vehicle completely burnt out, with extensive damage to the engine bay and interior, as firefighters worked nearby.

Motorists were warned to avoid the area while the road remained closed for safety reasons.

Redberth Croft added: “Please be aware that this is just off the A477 next to our new entrance, and the road is currently closed while the area is made safe. Please avoid the area and take care if travelling nearby.”

It is not yet known what caused the fire or whether any other vehicles were involved.

Photo caption:

Burnt out: Fire crews at the scene after a car rolled into the hedge near the entrance to Redberth Croft (Pics: Redberth Croft)

 

Continue Reading

Community

Milford Haven mourns loss of ‘legend’ Muci Power

Published

on

Tributes pour in for former Lord Kitchener landlord

TRIBUTES have flooded in from across Milford Haven following the death of Alan Edward Thomas “Muci” Power, remembered as a “true legend” and one of the town’s best-known characters.

Mr Power, affectionately known as Muci, passed away suddenly but peacefully at Withybush Hospital on Sunday, May 10, aged 79.

Best known to many as the former landlord of the Lord Kitchener public house in Milford Haven — affectionately known as “The Kitch” — Muci became a familiar and much-loved figure in the town, known for his humour, friendship and larger-than-life personality.

The devoted husband of Meryl, father, grandfather and great-grandfather leaves behind a family at the centre of Milford life, while countless friends have spoken of the memories they shared with him over many years.

The Royal British Legion paid tribute, saying: “Rest in peace, Muci. You will be dearly missed by us all here at the Royal British Legion. Thank you for the memories and your presence in our community. Our thoughts and prayers are with your loved ones during this difficult time.”

Hundreds of tributes have also been posted online, with many describing Muci as a “Milford legend” whose passing marks the end of an era.

Friends remembered good times at The Kitch, where Muci was at the heart of local life for many years.

Ryan Hackett wrote: “Will have a T.A.C. for you mate on Tuesday. Will miss you Matey. Another Milford legend gone.”

Simon Jenkins said: “Muci was one in a million, a true legend. Milford has lost a true gent.”

Many spoke of his warmth and generosity, with Nigel Hackett thanking him for “being there when I needed someone.”

Muci was the devoted husband of Meryl, dearly loved father and father-in-law of Karl and Claire, and Hayley and Roy, proud grandfather of Morgan, Sam, Caitlin and Jay, and adored great-grandfather of Amalie.

His funeral service will take place at Parc Gwyn Crematorium, Narberth, on Tuesday, May 26, at 11:30am.

For those wishing to pay their respects, the hearse will leave the Lord Kitchener, Charles Street, Milford Haven, at 10:40am.

Immediate family flowers only.

All enquiries to Tom Newing & Sons Ltd, Funeral Directors, Dartmouth Street, Milford Haven, SA73 2AN. Tel: 01646 693180.

 

Continue Reading

News6 hours ago

Car bursts into flames near Redberth Croft as road closed after incident

Nobody injured after vehicle fire near A477 prompts emergency response A CAR was destroyed by fire near the entrance to...

News12 hours ago

Welsh Labour unveils new Senedd spokesperson team

Ken Skates says Labour group will hold Plaid Cymru government to account WELSH Labour’s interim leader Ken Skates MS has...

Cymraeg16 hours ago

Two new Milford Haven schools could be built and open by 2032

NEW SCHOOLS in Milford Haven won’t be built before 2030 at the earliest, and 2032 for a planned Welsh Medium...

Crime1 day ago

Stolen vehicle investigation after late-night crash in Waterston

A VEHICLE involved in a late-night single-vehicle crash in Waterston, Milford Haven, is believed to have been stolen, police have...

Community2 days ago

Paul Davies MS calls for review of parking charges in Ceredigion following concerns

SENEDD Member for Ceredigion Penfro, Paul Davies, has called on Ceredigion County Council to urgently review its policy on car...

Crime2 days ago

Former Lostprophets singer’s killing ‘not justified’, jury told

JURORS in the trial of two prisoners accused of murdering former Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins have been told that his...

Health3 days ago

Occupational therapists urge Welsh Government to act before NHS crisis deepens

More than 300 professionals sign open letter calling for prevention-focused care and urgent reform OCCUPATIONAL therapists across Wales are urging...

Community3 days ago

Surfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach

CAMPAIGNERS took to the sea at Broad Haven today in a colourful protest demanding urgent action over sewage pollution in...

Health4 days ago

New NHS regional body raises questions over future hospital services in Pembrokeshire

Health bosses promise better joined-up care — but patients will want assurances over Withybush and travel distances PEMBROKESHIRE patients are...

Local Government5 days ago

Pembrokeshire County Council welcomes new chairman

CLLR DELME HARRIES has been elected chairman of Pembrokeshire County Council for the coming municipal year. Cllr Harries, who was...

Popular This Week