Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Milford Haven: Two arrests in Howarth Close following ‘allegation of assault’

Published

on

TWO people have been arrested in Howarth Close, Milford Haven this afternoon, including a pregnant teenager, following an allegation of assault made by a resident of the estate.

The incident happened at around 3pm on Saturday (Apr 6).

Police were on scene for around an hour.

Following police making their enquiries, the incident escalated, with them needing to call for back up.

Within minutes eight police vehicles were on the estate, including armed officers and a dog handler. The property around the incident was cordoned of by police with yellow tape.

A male was arrested first, followed by a 17-year-old girl, who is in the early stages of pregnancy.

She was detained by police, but was injured during the arrest according to several witnesses who spoke to The Herald.

One resident said: “We told the police that she was pregnant, and that she suffers with her mental health, but she was still kicked twice.”

A dramatic video of the moment of the event, taken by youngster who lives on Howarth Close shows the woman screaming “get your hands off me” and seemingly trying to resist arrest – the video has been shared on Facebook.

An ambulance was called to the scene. Another three residents said that the woman was bleeding and was taken to hospital.

A spokesperson for the police said: “We were called to Howarth Close, Milford Haven, at around 1.15pm on Saturday to a report of disorder.

“Firearms officers attended the scene due to initial reports that two people were in possession of knives. Following a detailed search, no weapons were located.

“A 24-year-old woman, of Howarth Close, was arrested and charged with two counts of assaulting an emergency worker and one count of using threatening or abusive words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. She has been bailed to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.

“A 17-year-old was arrested and charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. He has been bailed to appear at youth court, and cannot be named for legal reasons.”

News

Conservatives hold on to Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire seat

Published

on

THE CONSERVATIVES have held on to their Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire seat despite Labour closing the gap.

Sam Kurtz will take over the seat from the outgoing Angela Burns who held a majority of 3,400 at the last election.

This time, the gap was just 936 to Labour’s Hassan Riaz who picked up 10,304 votes.

Plaid Cymru’s Cefin Campbell picked up 6,615 votes.

The turnout in Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire was slightly up to 52.12% from 51.2% in 2016.

However, with a larger electorate thanks to votes for 16/17-year-olds, the number of votes cast went up by almost 3,000.

Continue Reading

News

Paul Davies re-elected as Conservatives hold Preseli Pembrokeshire

Published

on

PAUL DAVIES has been re-elected to represent the Preseli Pembrokeshire constituency.

He won with 12,295 votes, while there were 10,895 votes for Labour’s Jackie Jones.

Plaid Cymru candidate Cris Tomos gained just over 6,000 votes and there were also 1,239 for Reform UK candidate Alan Dennison.

There were over 3000 more votes cast in 2016, down largely in part to the fact that 16 and 17 year olds were able to vote in this election.

Both the Conservatives and Labour received more votes than before while the gap to Labour closed to just 1,400.

After being elected, Paul Davies said he would continue to ‘fight for Pembrokeshire’ and thanked those who had been involved in his campaign.

Continue Reading

News

Former Cardigan Castle director sentencing delayed

Published

on

THE SENTENCING of a former director of Cardigan Castle who has pleaded guilty to charges of fraud and theft totalling over £40,000 has been delayed.

Former director, Jac Davies, pleaded guilty to charges of fraud and theft was due to be sentenced on Wednesday (May 4) at Swansea Crown Court – but has now been delayed.

Davies who held the £40,000 a year post fraudulently obtained £33,098.75 and stole a further £7,932.97 from the award winning restoration project..

Davies held his position at Cardigan Castle from September 2017 to November 2019.

The defendant has pleaded guilty to fraudulently obtaining £4,143.20 from the castle on December 21, 2017.

Again Davies admitted to fraudulently obtaining £28,955.55 between February 4, 2019 and November 3, 2019.

Two further charges of theft were also admitted – one charge of  theft from the castle of £1,908.18 between May 2, 2018 and May 24, 2019 and a further charge of theft from Cardigan Castle Enterprises to the sum of £6,024.79.

Dyfed-Powys Police conducted a year long investigation after being contacted by the castle board of directors.

Financial discrepancies were identified during financial monitoring.

An internal investigation was launched and Davies left his position within the castle in October 2019 following a disciplinary process.

Continue Reading
News6 hours ago

Dyfed-Powys Police criticised for failing to record thousands of crimes

A SHOCKING new report says that Dyfed-Powys Police failed to record thousands of crimes, despite being told to improve two-and-a-half...

News1 day ago

Milford Haven: Mount estate death not being treated as suspicious say police

POLICE have confirmed that following a welfare visit to a property in Mount Estate, they discovered a male occupant, in...

Politics1 day ago

Pembrokeshire heads to the polls

THE ELECTIONS to the Welsh Parliament/Senedd Cymru take place today, Thursday (May 6). Over the last few weeks, we’ve published...

News1 day ago

Milford Haven: Man arrested following suspicious flat fire in Robert Street

DYFED-POWYS POLICE have confirmed that the force is investigating a fire which occurred at a property in Lower Robert Street,...

News2 days ago

Ongoing incident closes busy Haverfordwest road

A MAJOR road in Haverfordwest has been closed due to a police incident this afternoon (May 5) A man was...

News3 days ago

James Oulton found not guilty of 30 counts of sexual assault against 11 ex-pupils

JAMES OULTON, 34, the primary school teacher who was accused of 30 charges of sexual assault against pupils has been found...

News3 days ago

Nineteen arrests and weapons seized during knife crime action week

NINETEEN people were arrested and a number of weapons were seized as police took part in a national week of...

News3 days ago

Haverfordwest: Police investigate alleged assault, one man arrested and bailed

POLICE officers in Haverfordwest are investigating an incident where a woman was reportedly assaulted. The alleged attack took place at...

News4 days ago

Fisherman off Pembrokeshire coast airlifted to hospital with burn injuries

A FISHERMAN has been airlifted to hospital with second degree burns after suffering an injury while on a boat off...

Health4 days ago

Mark Drakeford in Milford Haven as pub tills ring for first weekend since December

As part of the easing of lockdown restrictions, hospitality business owners let out a sigh of relief this week after...

Popular This Week