Crime
Dock newsagent worker ‘had sexual images of children as young as four’
A FORMER employee of a local newsagent in Pembroke Dock has been brought before the court, facing severe allegations involving the possession of indecent images of children and engaging in inappropriate conversations with a minor. Daniel Byrne-Crowley, 28, vehemently denies the accusations levelled against him, which include three counts of making indecent images of children and one count of sexual communication with a child.
Prosecutors allege that Byrne-Crowley possessed images depicting children as young as four being sexually abused. Among the evidence presented, one image was categorised as Category A, the most severe, alongside 11 Category B images and 10 Category C images. The disturbing content is said to have been accumulated between August 2012 and September 2020, with the defendant also accused of engaging in sexually explicit conversations with a 10-year-old during a period stretching from June 2019 to September 2020.
The court heard from Prosecutor Helen Randall that a raid on Byrne-Crowley’s residence on Bush Street in Pembroke Dock on 28 October 2020 led to the seizure of two mobile phones, a MacBook computer, and an iPad. Examination of these devices revealed 23 child abuse images, one of which was inaccessible. Disturbingly, the images included scenes of a boy aged between four and six being sexually abused by an adult, and a video of three naked boys, aged between 10 and 14, in sexually explicit acts.
Further investigations uncovered conversations that Byrne-Crowley had with other adults discussing indecent images, masturbation, and oral sex. Randall highlighted one particularly alarming admission by Byrne-Crowley where he recounted working at a children’s summer camp in America, observing children naked and teaching them to masturbate.
During police interviews, Byrne-Crowley claimed ignorance of how the images appeared on his devices but admitted to conversing with the child, seeing no wrongdoing in his actions. The prosecution argues that Byrne-Crowley deliberately sought out these images, with Randall stating, “The prosecution say it could only be him and it is obvious from his conversations with others that it was him.” The trial continues.
Crime
Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges
A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.
Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.
The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.
He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.
The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.
Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.
He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).
Crime
Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident
A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.
Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.
The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.
Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.
The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.
Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.
His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.
He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.
Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.
A spokesperson for Nos Da said the incident was connected with rooms upstairs at the Victoria Road premises, and did not take place in the bar itself, in the licensed area.
Crime
Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage
A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.
Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.
She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.
McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.
She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.
Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.
-
News7 days agoPalestine pledge backed by 36 new Senedd Members
-
Community6 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
News1 day agoPaul Davies meets Openreach Cymru at the Senedd to discuss Full Fibre rollout
-
Crime2 days agoFarm owner in court after 26 dogs removed over welfare concerns
-
Crime2 days agoTree surgeon sentenced for failing to provide breath test
-
Crime2 days agoPembrokeshire teenager admits driving almost four times over drug-drive limit
-
News2 days agoMilford man admits handling stolen goods from three local properties
-
Crime4 days agoBuilder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims





