Crime
Teenage girl in court charged with three counts of attempted murder
A 13-YEAR-OLD appeared at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court this morning, in connection to the incident at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman on Wednesday.
She was charged with three counts of attempted murder, and one count of possession of a bladed article in a public place.
No pleas were entered, and she was remanded into a youth detention centre until a future court hearing at Swansea Crown Court.
Criminal proceedings are active in respect of this case, and we ask members of the community not to speculate or comment on the circumstances.
On Thursday (Apr 25), the police confirmed that a teenager had been charged in relation to the incident at Ysgol Dyffryn Amman yesterday.
Police were called to the school at around 11.20am, following reports that three people had been injured.
Two teachers and a pupil were taken to hospital with stab wounds. They received treatment for knife injuries, have all since been discharged.
A CID-led investigation was launched, and there has continued to be a police presence at the school today as we gather evidence to assist our enquiries.
Police also said: “Yesterday evening, our control room received a number of calls reporting concerns over messages being shared on social media, which had references to the incident at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman.
Officers swiftly carried out a warrant at the home of the person believed to be responsible for this content, and a 15-year-old male was arrested.
He also remains in police custody while we investigate these allegations.”

At a press conference outside the school, also on Thursday, Superintendent Ross Evans said: “While this investigation is being run separately to our enquiries into events at the school, our officers are seeking to establish if there was a connection between the alleged offences.
“Again, I would urge people not to speculate, not to share any images or videos relating to either investigation, and to allow us to carry out our enquiries fully.
“If you, or your children, are distressed by these events, please seek support from an appropriate agency.
“Finally, I would once again like to thank our colleagues at the Welsh Ambulance Service and Wales Air Ambulance Service for their swift response to this incident, as well as the NHS staff who treated those who were injured, the charitable organisations who are supporting those affected by this incident, and the vigilant members of the public who reported their concerns to us.”
Ysgol Dyffryn Aman has confirmed that it will re-open to pupils on Monday, 29 April. Carmarthenshire County Council and Ysgol Dyffryn Aman would like to reassure the school community, in anticipation of the school reopening, that a broad range of wellbeing support will continue to be offered to pupils, teachers and staff at the school.
From Monday, 29 April, a dedicated Education and Child Psychology Team from the Council will be available for pupils and staff and will maintain a presence at the school, for the next two weeks, to provide ongoing support and assistance as needed.
Upon the school’s reopening, counselling will be available for pupils at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman to offer support and guidance to students facing difficulties.
The Council’s internal Occupational Health Team, in collaboration with the Education Department, is working to provide comprehensive support for affected staff members. This will entail offering wellbeing support sessions, drop-in sessions, group sessions, and referrals for 1:1 therapeutic support as needed.
Carmarthenshire County Council is grateful to the numerous offers of support from external agencies to provide additional assistance for our students during this time. We are carefully considering how and when to use these services.
Council Leader, Cllr. Darren Price said: “As a County Council, we are doing everything that we can to support the community of Ysgol Dyffryn Aman and we have set out a wellbeing support plan to help the pupils and staff.
“This will be a joint support approach, as we are adopting a collaborative approach to ensure that all individuals affected receive the support they require. This includes coordinating between internal and external resources to provide holistic assistance.”
Crime
Man used vulnerable victim’s bank card at Milford Haven Tesco
A 41-YEAR-OLD man has been given a suspended prison sentence after using a vulnerable man’s bank card at Tesco Extra in Milford Haven.
Mark Anthony Hambrook, of Keeston, admitted fraud by false representation when he appeared before magistrates.
The court heard that Hambrook dishonestly used the card on April 29, 2025, spending £220.
Magistrates said the offence crossed the custody threshold because it involved a breach of trust, a vulnerable victim, and was committed while Hambrook was on post-sentence supervision.
He was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months.
Hambrook was also ordered to pay £220 compensation, together with a £154 surcharge and £85 costs.
Crime
Cilgerran man denies breaching court ban on keeping animals
39-year-old accused of keeping a dog despite court-imposed disqualification order dating back to 2019
A CILGERRAN man has denied breaching a court-imposed ban on keeping animals.
Max Huntley, 39, of Castell Corwg, Cilgerran, appeared before Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 14) for a further case management hearing.
He is accused of breaching a disqualification order imposed under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.
The court register states that Huntley was disqualified following conviction and sentence at Swansea Crown Court on March 14, 2019, for an offence under section 4 of the Animal Welfare Act.
The allegation now before the court is that, on or about August 10, 2025, at Castell Corwg, Cilgerran, he breached that disqualification by having custody of a dog.
Huntley has pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The case was adjourned to allow the prosecution to confirm details relating to the defendant and how a solicitor could contact him.
He was remanded on unconditional bail and must attend the next hearing at Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, May 27, at 10:00am.
The hearing is listed for further case management and is expected to last around 20 minutes.
Crime
Fence posts thrown into field damage farming equipment
POLICE are appealing for information after fence posts were removed and thrown into a field between Croesgoch and Llanrhian.
Dyfed-Powys Police said the alleged criminal damage happened sometime between Saturday, May 2 and Sunday, May 3.
The posts, which were next to woodland between the two villages, were removed from the ground and thrown into a nearby field.
They later became lodged in farming equipment, causing significant damage.
Police said the area is only accessible via a footpath.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dyfed-Powys Police online, by emailing [email protected], or by calling 101.
Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
Quote reference: 26*366788.
-
News1 day agoPalestine pledge backed by 36 new Senedd Members
-
Crime3 days agoTeenager banned from roads after being caught six times over drug-drive limit
-
Crime4 days agoMan threatens to torch Silverdale Lodge through ‘demon drink’, court hears
-
Crime3 days agoMan sentenced for stalking women and threatening to torch home
-
Crime3 days agoViolent man jailed after ‘Banksy’ claims and campaign of domestic abuse
-
Community6 days agoConcern grows after child hospitalised following Tenby sea swim
-
Local Government5 days agoCouncil leadership hopeful responds after anti-Tory rally photos surface
-
Crime4 days agoMan denies exposure in Pembrokeshire town






