Crime
Telecom vandal admits causing £33,000 damage to Pembroke Dock network
Fibre cables cut in early-morning incident that triggered major service disruption
A PEMBROKE DOCK man has admitted causing more than £33,000 worth of damage to a telecommunications network after cutting through fibre optic cables in the early hours of the morning.
Mickey Probert, aged 37, was seen lifting a drain cover in Wavell Crescent at around 3.50am on January 23, 2024, before entering an underground chamber and cutting through fibre infrastructure belonging to OGI.
Prosecutor Linda Baker told Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court that Probert had accessed a telecom footway chamber and cut through micro ducting and fibre cables.
Suspicions were raised when a nearby resident was woken by loud clanging noises and saw a man acting suspiciously near green utility boxes.
“The witness saw a male bend down in front of the boxes, lift the covers and shine a headtorch towards the ground,” she said.
Following a description provided by the witness, police arrested Probert. A search of his property uncovered wire cutters, a headtorch and a woolly hat.
The total cost of the damage to the OGI network was calculated at £33,767.98.
Defence solicitor Tom Lloyd said his client was unable to explain his actions but was extremely remorseful.
“He has a lot of things going on that haven’t properly been explored,” he told the court.
Probert, currently of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to criminal damage.
Given the seriousness of the offence, District Judge Mark Layton declined jurisdiction, meaning sentencing must take place at a higher court.
Probert will now be sentenced at Swansea Crown Court on March 10. The court requested an all-options probation report ahead of the hearing.
(Cover image: File photo)
Crime
Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges
A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.
Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.
The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.
He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.
The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.
Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.
He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).
Crime
Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident
A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.
Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.
The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.
Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.
The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.
Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.
His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.
He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.
Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.
A spokesperson for Nos Da said the incident was connected with rooms upstairs at the Victoria Road premises, and did not take place in the bar itself, in the licensed area.
Crime
Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage
A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.
Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.
She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.
McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.
She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.
Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.
-
News1 day agoWatchdog criticises health board over £10m GP contract checks
-
Crime4 days agoFarm owner in court after 26 dogs removed over welfare concerns
-
News3 days agoPaul Davies meets Openreach Cymru at the Senedd to discuss Full Fibre rollout
-
Crime4 days agoTree surgeon sentenced for failing to provide breath test
-
Crime4 days agoPembrokeshire teenager admits driving almost four times over drug-drive limit
-
News4 days agoMilford man admits handling stolen goods from three local properties
-
Crime6 days agoBuilder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims
-
Crime4 days agoPembroke Dock drink-driver arrested on Cleddau Bridge






