News
Pembroke Dock: Town’s most prolific offender facing jail for non-payment of fine

A PEMBROKESHIRE man with almost one hundred criminal convictions is to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court today (Mar 14) to explain to magistrates why he has not paid a court fine.
Richard Fairbrass, of London Road, Pembroke Dock, now out of jail after being caged last year, has been summoned for failing to pay £630 that was imposed on 17 July 2013.
Fairbrass appeared at Swansea Crown Court in July to be sentenced for his 96th, 97th and 98th offence.
He admitted assaulting an acting police sergeant and to threatening to kill a sergeant and his family.
Fairbrass, aged 50, became involved in a scuffle with another man inside the Prince of Wales pub in Pembroke Dock on April 1.
Police responded and used CS spray to part the men and calm the situation, but in the process Fairbrass punched acting sergeant Sean Doble in his face.
After his arrest and while he was being driven to a police station, Fairbrass became “extremely abusive, ranting and raving and swearing at the police.”
But the ranting turned more sinister when he asked about Sgt Hamish Nicholls, who was not involved in his arrest or even on duty.
He threatened to kill him, and said, “Lock me in a cell with him and I will be the only one to walk out.”
Fairbrass said he knew Sgt Nicholls’ wife was a serving officer and that they had three children. “When I find out where she and the children live I will kill them as well,” he said.
The court heard that Sgt Nicholls became concerned to discover that Fairbrass was aware of his family’s make up.
Judge Peter Heywood, the sentencing judge, was also told that Fairbrass already had 95 previous convictions to his name, including one for a threat to kill for which he received a three year jail sentence.
And he was in breach of a conditional discharge for obstructing a police officer.
Dyfed Thomas, the barrister representing Fairbrass, said he had been drunk and made “foolish, nasty remarks while in the back of a police car.”
He had never intended to carry out any of the threats.
Mr Thomas said Fairbrass lived in the locality and had children and grandchildren within the community.
Judge Heywood told Fairbrass, “You had been on the pop and made drunken but sinister remarks.
“The drink was in and the wit was out. You have been in trouble for most of your life, although your offending has been falling away in recent years,” he added.
Fairbrass, whose bail address was given as in Cornwall, was jailed for two months for the assault and 12 months for the threats to kill, making a total of 14 months.
He could be re-jailed if he does not clear his debt to the court.
Crime
Police appeal for information following fatal Carmarthenshire collision

DYFED-POWYS POLICE is appealing for information following a fatal collision on the A4138 between the Llangennech roundabout and the Crematorium roundabout in Carmarthenshire.
The incident occurred at around 10:50pm on Wednesday (April 2) and involved a silver BMW and a black Peugeot 208.
Tragically, the driver of the BMW died as a result of their injuries. Their next of kin has been informed.
The driver of the Peugeot remains in hospital in a critical condition.
The road was closed overnight to allow for a full collision investigation and reopened at around 8:45am today (April 3).
Police are urging anyone who may have been travelling along the A4138 at the time to get in touch, particularly motorists with dash cam footage from the area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police either online at https://bit.ly/DPPContactOnline, by emailing 101@dyfed-powys.police.uk, or by calling 101.
Quote reference: 25*271914
News
Funding boost to tackle child poverty across Wales

FAMILIES living on lower incomes in Wales are set to benefit from a new £1.5 million Welsh Government fund aimed at tackling child poverty.
Applications have opened for the Child Poverty Innovation and Supporting Communities Grant, which supports public and third sector organisations to work together to improve the lives of children in low-income households.
Previous rounds of funding have already helped reshape communities. In Rhondda Cynon Taf, the Trivallis housing association’s ‘Rise Strong’ project has seen families lead the way in designing local services based on their own needs.
In Cae Fardre, residents with no previous community space have created a thriving hub where families now take part in budget cooking classes and social activities. In Penrhys, the grant has supported the revival of the Penrhys Carnival, with families learning media, art, and costume-making skills and staging a fashion show using recycled materials.
Jen O’Hara Jakeway, Head of Community Involvement at Trivallis, said: “The funding has helped families come together to share ideas and find ways to build on their strengths to make a difference in their own communities. Being alongside them as they take the lead and drive that change has taught us so much about the potential in our communities.”
The Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice, Jane Hutt, said: “This funding puts resources directly where they make the greatest difference to families on lower incomes. We’re determined to do all we can to prevent people from going into poverty and help those who need support the most.
“Since 2022, we’ve invested nearly £5 billion in schemes which help people access their entitlements and help put money back into people’s pockets by boosting incomes and strengthening financial support. Our Child Poverty Strategy sets out actions to tackle poverty, including delivering more community-based opportunities for play, sports, youth activities and access to arts and culture for children and families.”
Organisations can apply for up to £25,000 for community projects or up to £125,000 for regional projects involving more than one local authority.
Applications close on Sunday (Apr 13). For details, visit: gov.wales.
Crime
Pembroke Dock man remanded over solicitor’s office damage

ROWAN CLARK, aged 24, of no fixed abode in Pembroke Dock, appeared before magistrates this week accused of criminal damage at a legal office in Pembroke.
The court heard that on Saturday, April 27, 2024, Clark allegedly caused £62 worth of damage to property belonging to Greathead and Whitelock Solicitors, located on Hamilton Terrace.
Clark has pleaded not guilty to the offence and has been remanded in custody ahead of further hearings.
He is due to appear again at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, April 15, via live video link for a case mention, with sentencing scheduled for April 22 if convicted.
-
Community6 days ago
Final closures begin as long-awaited A40 bypass nears completion
-
Charity6 days ago
The Dizzy Bear to open soon at Milford Waterfront
-
News7 days ago
Park issues clarification on campsite restrictions following backlash
-
News6 days ago
Crisis deepens at Parc Prison as six officers arrested
-
Crime6 days ago
Pembroke Dock man to be sentenced for assaulting police officers
-
Crime6 days ago
Man jailed for historic child sex offences in Milford Haven
-
News7 days ago
Coastguard called to Goodwick breakwater after items found
-
Crime7 days ago
Unlicensed dog breeders prosecuted in Carmarthenshire
Bev
March 14, 2016 at 8:40 am
Peter hall only get commutiy service for 33 k but richard fairbrass got go to jail for 600 fine not being fun hall was supposed to be looked up and trusted it stinks they all stick together come downnjard on the little people and stick together on the upper class ot stinks bet if it was fairbrass in his shoes hed get 10 years