Crime
Suspended sentence for distribution and possession of child abuse images
IN a controversial decision at Swansea Crown Court, 20-year-old Euwyn Draper of Goat Street, Haverfordwest, has been spared prison time despite admitting to possessing and distributing indecent images of children.
The court heard that Draper pleaded guilty to charges involving 74 Category A images — the most severe — along with 102 Category B and 385 Category C images. These were amassed and shared over a period last year, with specific distributions occurring on November 4, 2022.
Prosecutor Sian Cutter detailed that the investigation began with a raid at Draper’s residence on December 21, 2022. Although Draper was not present, and initial searches of his devices at his home returned no results, subsequent actions led to his arrest at his workplace. Upon confronting law enforcement, Draper immediately acknowledged his awareness of the reasons for their presence, lamenting, “I know why you’re here. I don’t do it anymore. I’m sorry.”
Further examination of his phone revealed not only the indecent images but also concerning internet searches and conversations indicating a focus on children. Notably, Draper had sent one image of each category to a contact named “Ralph” via WhatsApp.
Despite these admissions, Draper, who has no prior convictions, denied a sexual interest in children during his interview.
Representing Draper, defence lawyer Dan Griffiths stressed the defendant’s recognition of the gravity of his offences and highlighted his client’s age and immaturity at the time of the offences. The court also considered the prolonged period since the arrest to the trial, a span of 16 months.
Judge Geraint Walters addressed the court, underscoring the public’s disdain for such crimes and the harsh reality behind the images. “These are real children, they are not actors,” Judge Walters emphasized, condemning the market that drives such exploitative material.
Ultimately, Draper received a suspended sentence of 12 months for distribution and six months, concurrent, for making the images. Over the next two years, he must complete the Horizon programme and 30 days of rehabilitation activities. Additionally, Draper will be registered as a sex offender and is subject to a sexual harm prevention order for ten years.
Judge Walters concluded with a stern admonition for Draper to commit to rehabilitation and to move past this “dark phase” in his life, marking a pivotal moment for the young defendant and the community’s ongoing battle against such digital crimes.
Crime
Police probe ball bearing damage in Haverfordwest
POLICE are investigating reports of criminal damage in Haverfordwest after suspected metal ball bearings were used to damage a vehicle and a property.
Dyfed-Powys Police said damage was caused to the wing mirror of a blue Range Rover Evoque on Glenfields Road sometime between 11:10am and 11:20am on Sunday, May 10.
Officers believe metal ball bearings may have been used.
A second incident was reported at around 2:30pm on Tuesday, May 12, when the window of a property on Glenfields Road was allegedly struck by a suspected metal ball bearing.
Police said local officers are continuing to speak with residents after receiving a number of calls about ball bearings being found in the Glenfields Road and Old Hakin Road areas.
Anyone who witnessed anything, or who has information that could help the investigation, is asked to contact Dyfed-Powys Police online, by emailing [email protected], or by calling 101.
Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
Quote reference: 26*375605.
Crime
Stolen vehicle investigation after late-night crash in Waterston
A VEHICLE involved in a late-night single-vehicle crash in Waterston, Milford Haven, is believed to have been stolen, police have confirmed.
Dyfed-Powys Police said officers received a report of the collision at around 11:55pm on Sunday (May 17).
The vehicle was recovered at approximately 1:15am on Monday (May 18), but nobody was found at the scene.
Following enquiries, police established that the vehicle had reportedly been stolen at some point during Sunday evening.
Officers said enquiries into the incident are ongoing.
Crime
Pembroke woman accused of scrap fraud to appear in court
Defendant accused of dishonestly selling vehicle for scrap in Haverfordwest
A PEMBROKE woman is due to appear before magistrates charged with fraud after allegedly selling a vehicle for scrap in Haverfordwest.
Natalie Morris, aged 42, of Corston Lodge, Axton Hill, is accused of fraud by false representation under the Fraud Act 2006.
The allegation relates to an incident said to have taken place in Haverfordwest on Tuesday (Aug 9), 2022, in which Morris allegedly dishonestly made a false representation by selling a silver Toyota Corolla, registration CU52 XBR, for scrap.
The court heard the alleged offence was carried out with the intention of making a financial gain of £313.
The case was listed before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Monday (May 18), where a previously issued warrant was withdrawn.
No plea was entered and the matter was adjourned.
Morris is now due to appear before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court at 10:00am on Tuesday (May 26) for a plea hearing, where she will be asked to enter a guilty or not guilty plea.
-
News4 days agoPalestine pledge backed by 36 new Senedd Members
-
Community3 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
Crime6 days agoTeenager banned from roads after being caught six times over drug-drive limit
-
Crime6 days agoMan threatens to torch Silverdale Lodge through ‘demon drink’, court hears
-
Crime6 days agoMan sentenced for stalking women and threatening to torch home
-
Crime6 days agoViolent man jailed after ‘Banksy’ claims and campaign of domestic abuse
-
Crime6 days agoMan denies exposure in Pembrokeshire town
-
Crime6 days agoDrunk motorist arrested at Pembrokeshire petrol station





