Crime
Drunken men found by police on Pembrokeshire train tracks
A COURT has heard how two men apprehended by police officers on the railway track at Pembroke, had consumed so much alcohol they were barely able to stand.
Numerous 999 calls had been made by members of the public concerned at the behaviour the two men were displaying on May 7.
“Numerous calls had been made to the police with the result that officers discovered two males walking up the train tracks, and both were heavily intoxicated,” Crown Prosecutor Abigail Jackson told Haverfordwest magistrates this week.
Ms Jackson went on to say that Ethan Pender, 20, and Dylan Newton, 26, had been seen blocking doorways in the town centre and being abusive towards members of the public before they moved onto the train tracks.
When the officers arrived, the defendants became argumentative.
“They were also unsteady on their feet and were smelling strongly of alcohol,” said Ms Jackson.
“Their behaviour was unacceptable.
“Both were given verbal warnings by the officers but they continued to be argumentative with the result that they were arrested and charged.”
This week Pender and Newton, of Tenby Court, Monkton, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly in a public place.
They were legally represented by solicitor Tom Lloyd.
“Both defendants realise how foolish their behaviour was,” Mr Lloyd told Haverfordwest magistrates in mitigation. “They had consumed a great deal of alcohol and were out of control.”
Pender was fined £106 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £42 surcharge while Newton was fined £80, with £85 costs and a £32 surcharge.
“You’ve been lucky, having been found on the train tracks,” commented the presiding magistrate when imposing sentence. “You’ve also upset a lot of people. We don’t want to see you here again.”
(Photo: Stock image/Network Rail)
Crime
Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges
A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.
Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.
The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.
He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.
The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.
Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.
He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).
Crime
Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident
A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.
Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.
The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.
Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.
The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.
Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.
His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.
He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.
Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.
A spokesperson for Nos Da said the incident was connected with rooms upstairs at the Victoria Road premises, and did not take place in the bar itself, in the licensed area.
Crime
Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage
A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.
Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.
She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.
McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.
She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.
Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.
-
Community7 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
Crime3 days agoFarm owner in court after 26 dogs removed over welfare concerns
-
News2 days agoPaul Davies meets Openreach Cymru at the Senedd to discuss Full Fibre rollout
-
Crime3 days agoTree surgeon sentenced for failing to provide breath test
-
Crime3 days agoPembrokeshire teenager admits driving almost four times over drug-drive limit
-
News3 days agoMilford man admits handling stolen goods from three local properties
-
Crime5 days agoBuilder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims
-
Crime3 days agoPembroke Dock drink-driver arrested on Cleddau Bridge






