Crime
Court gives daughter protection from man who attacked her mum

A COURT granted a restraining order to a woman, despite her not being the victim of the original crime.
The request for the order was made to Haverfordwest magistrates on Tuesday when James Britton appeared via a video link from Cardiff Prison.
Last month Britton, of Coronation Avenue, Haverfordwest, was convicted of assaulting a 72-year-old cancer victim. Following the hearing, he was sentenced to 52 weeks in custody.
This week the victim’s daughter, urged magistrates to impose a restraining order preventing him from having any contact with her following his release.
“I saw this horrific attack on my dad after he forced his way into my house, and I’d be really thankful if I could get some protection,” she said in an email submitted to the Crown Prosecution. “He’s put us through hell for long enough.
“We’re not together and haven’t been since 2023, and I just want to keep my little family safe.
“But what we have now is nothing but harassment, blackmail and intimidation. At the moment we’re just existing, waiting for him to do something again. It’s not fair that we have to live like this.”
But solicitor Tom Lloyd stressed that Britton, of Coronation Avenue, Haverfordwest, is the father of the woman’s child.
“He has every legal entitlement to see his child and what she says is untrue,” he said.
“He hasn’t blackmailed her in any way and as the child’s father, he has parental rights.”
After considering the facts, magistrates granted Ms Parsley’s request.
“We believe it’s necessary and proportionate,” commented the presiding magistrate.
The order will prevent Britton from contacting Cara Parsley directly or indirectly and from entering Winch Crescent, Haverfordwest.
The order will continue for two years.
“I think you’ve made the wrong decision,” commented James Britton on hearing the magistrates’ decision. “But I accept it.”
Crime
Fined for dropping cigarette at Milford Haven Tesco

A LLANELLI man who dropped a cigarette outside Tesco in Milford Haven has been fined over £570 after failing to attend court.
Mark Evens, aged 42, of Llys Westfa, Llanelli, was found guilty in his absence at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (Apr 3).
The court heard that on September 3, 2024, Evens discarded a cigarette butt in a public place to which section 87 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 applied.
He was fined £220 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £88 and prosecution costs of £266.66. A collection order was made, and the full balance of £574.66 must be paid by May 1.
Crime
Court adjourns marine enforcement case

A SWANSEA man failed to appear in court after being accused of refusing to comply with a marine enforcement officer.
Ieuan Rhys Davies, aged 29, of Seaview Terrace, Penclawdd, is accused of failing to stop his vessel when directed by Marine Enforcement Officer Matthew Dawkins on June 6, 2024.
The case, brought under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009, was adjourned until May 1 at 2:00pm.
Magistrates have ordered that Davies must attend the next hearing or risk a warrant being issued for his arrest.
Crime
Pembroke man denies cocaine drug-driving charge

A PEMBROKE man has pleaded not guilty to drug-driving following an incident last summer.
Sean Agnew, aged 58, of Vetch Close, appeared at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (Apr 3) for a further case management hearing.
He is accused of driving a Nissan Qashqai on Hywel Way, Pembroke, on August 1, 2024, while unfit through drugs. It is alleged that a blood test showed a level of Benzoylecgonine — a breakdown product of cocaine — at more than 92 micrograms per litre of blood, exceeding the specified legal limit.
The charge is brought under Section 5A(1)(a) and (2) of the Road Traffic Act 1988.
Agnew entered a not guilty plea on February 4 and has been released on unconditional bail.
He is due to appear again at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (Apr 10) at 10:00am for a further case management hearing before District Judge J Layton. The case is expected to last 20 minutes.
Ella Passey appeared for the prosecution on behalf of CPS Wales (South West).
-
News7 days ago
Crisis deepens at Parc Prison as six officers arrested
-
Crime6 days ago
Pembroke Dock man to be sentenced for assaulting police officers
-
Crime7 days ago
Man jailed for historic child sex offences in Milford Haven
-
Crime6 days ago
Milford Haven man faces court hearing for assault on three police officers
-
News6 days ago
Neyland councillor’s pub extension wrongly opposed by own council
-
News6 days ago
Three injured in two-car crash on B4313 near Trecwn
-
News6 days ago
Plaid Cymru slam “jaw-dropping” remarks by First Minister on welfare cuts
-
Community7 days ago
Henry Tufnell MP demands urgent action on Cleddau river crisis