Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Paedophile’s Heatherton outing

Published

on

heatherton outingA PENSIONER from Pembroke Dock was remanded in custody at Haverfordwest Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

Barry William Hollingsworth, 71, of Old Coronation School, Meyrick Street admitted to one charge of breaching a Sex Offenders Order. The order, issued by Chester Crown Court following a previous conviction, prevents Hollingsworth going to a place frequented by children under the age of 18.

The prosecutor told the court:

“Between July 18 and July 21 the defendant was at Heatherton seeking to approach a child which was a breach of the order imposed in Chester on June 25, 2009.”

“Hollingsworth is a registered sex offender who in 2004 was found guilty of three charges of indecent assault against a five year old girl. He had befriended her family when he was a Meals-on-Wwheels delivery driver, regularly dropping off hot meals to the girl’s grandmother.”

“In 2009 he exposed his penis to a 7 year old girl, and indecent images were found on his personal computer. He was jailed, but released on August 24, 2012. Detective Constable Lovett was appointed as his dedicated police officer to supervise his behaviour post release, and he was further subject to notification requirements.”

The prosecutor continued: “On July 25 this year, police received a telephone call from Andrew McDonald at Heatherton reporting the suspicious behaviour of a male on his own, that male being the same man who had aroused the suspicions of a customer the previous week. Witnesses had observed Hollingsworth avidly watching children.”

“Another witness had said that the same man had been watching children for prolonged periods of time. A Heatherton employee had noted that Hollingsworth had followed a party of school children to the Scalextric track at around 3pm on July 19. Hollingsworth had been standing about 1 metre to 1.5 metres away from a young girl” he said.

“The police approached Hollingsworth and after they carried out a computer check realised that he was in breach of an order. He was arrested and conveyed to Haverfordwest police station.

In interview, Hollingsworth told police: “I was watching them and having fun. I get mentally aroused by girls of between 8 and 10 years old. I have fantasies of touching them and cuddling those youngsters.”

“This man should be remanded in custody” the prosecutor concluded.

Defending solicitor Phillip Huxtable from Wilson Devonald Swansea said:

“I concur that my client should be remanded in custody. He has 20 convictions, including 7 of a sexual nature. Most of his recent offending has been of a sexual nature. Your sentencing powers for this breach of order are six months in the magistrates’ court but five years in the crown court.”

Hollingsworth was remanded in custody to be sentenced at Swansea Crown Court on November 22.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Two arrests in Haverfordwest after reports of man in possession of a knife

Published

on

THERE was a large police response following 999 calls made in Haverfordwest last night to reports of an affray involving an offensive weapon.

Multiple police units descended on Fleming Crescent just before nine o’clock on Thursday (May 19).

Two people were taken into police custody, where they remain, police confirmed.

A spokesperson for Dyfed-Powys Police told The Pembrokeshire Herald: “We were called to a disturbance and reports of a man in possession of a knife in Fleming Crescent, Haverfordwest, at around 8.50pm on Thursday, 19 May.

“A 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon, while a 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray.

“Both remain in police custody.”

Continue Reading

Business

Grape expectations for Welsh Wine Week 2022

Published

on

THIS JUNE, Welsh vineyards will welcome guests from Wales and beyond to taste what Wales’ burgeoning wine sector has to offer during its annual Welsh Wine Week.

From Saturday 4th to Sunday 12th June, free events, competitions, expert guided tours and tastings will make up the Welsh Wine Week schedule and give wine lovers the chance to personally discover the country’s picturesque vineyards and sample their wide range of award-winning vintages.

Special product releases will take place during Welsh Wine Week to commemorate the event, including Pembrokeshire’s Velfrey Vineyard’s Cuvée Reserve Sparkling Brut, a 2019 vintage traditional method sparkling brut wine, made especially from the vineyard’s Seyval Blanc and Pinot Noir grapes.

Confirmed events for Welsh Wine Week 2022 include: a cheese and Welsh wine sampling event from Gwinllan Conwy (in collaboration with Bodnant Welsh Food), White Castle Vineyard will be holding a tasting of their wines with Fine Wines Direct and there will be free vineyard tours and wine tastings across the week from Parva Farm vineyard.

Andy Mounsey, owner of Velfrey Vineyard and Chairman of the Welsh Vineyard Association, said: “Whether you relish in a red, white, rosé or sparkling wine, Welsh Wine Week is the perfect opportunity to show consumers what the Welsh wine industry has to offer.

“Wales is making strides in its wine production and has proudly adopted an innovative approach in which its experimental and diverse with the wine it produces. Wine producers are working collaboratively to drive the industry forward and championing each other, creating a supportive and closely connected network of vineyards.

“We have all been waiting fondly for the return of Welsh Wine Week and will mark the first event with no restrictions with a stellar line up of producers. We hope to welcome many more wine enthusiasts into our businesses this year, so please sign up to our events and treat yourself to some quality Welsh wine as you do.”

Full event listings and access to exclusive competitions and interviews with Welsh vineyards can be found on the dedicated Welsh Wine Week website.

Welsh Wine Week is organised by the Welsh Drinks Cluster, funded by Welsh Government, which works in partnership with Welsh drinks producers to promote the industry and its production of world class products.

For more information go to: https://www.welshwineweek.co.uk/

Continue Reading

News

Warm Pembrokeshire welcome for Ukrainians fleeing from war

Published

on

THE PEMBROKESHIRE community has been preparing a warm welcome to Ukrainian people fleeing the devastating war in their homeland.

Across Pembrokeshire, people have been signing up to become sponsors under the Homes for Ukraine scheme – one of the formal routes by which Ukrainian people can make their way to the UK, having been matched with a local family.

To date, Pembrokeshire has seen over 75 households signing up to the scheme.

As part of the formal process for becoming a sponsor, Pembrokeshire County Council is undertaking checks to ensure that people arriving from Ukraine are being offered safe and comfortable environments in which to live.

When people arrive with their sponsor household, contact is made by the Council to welcome them, support them with any immediate needs and ensure that they know where they can get information and advice.

The Pembrokeshire Community Hub, a partnership between Pembrokeshire County Council, PAVS and Volunteering Matters, is also working with Council teams and community groups to ensure that people are offered a warm welcome to the county.

People who are hosting and sponsoring families arriving from Ukraine are being equipped with information packs to help them prepare for their guests’ arrival and are also being invited to become part of an online support network, where they can connect and support one another.

The support has led to positive feedback from local people hosting Ukrainians with compliments for the level of assistance and support provided.

Community groups are also establishing themselves across the County, offering a range of support to those arriving.

This includes spaces to meet, organised community gatherings and fundraising activities.

Through the Community Hub and with support of PAVS, these groups are also being encouraged to join Pembrokeshire Community Support Network – Ukraine, where they can get up to date information, share with one another and get support when needed.

If you are looking to support people arriving from Ukraine, or are already doing so, and would like more information, please contact the Pembrokeshire Community Hub on 01437 776301 or ukrainecommunityresponse@pembrokeshire.gov.uk

Continue Reading

News22 hours ago

Warm Pembrokeshire welcome for Ukrainians fleeing from war

THE PEMBROKESHIRE community has been preparing a warm welcome to Ukrainian people fleeing the devastating war in their homeland. Across...

Business2 days ago

New McDonald’s restaurant to be built in Milford Haven if planning approved

MC DONALD’S will be coming to Milford Haven if plans are passed by local councillors. Planning applications have been submitted...

Business3 days ago

Employment figures show ‘labour market is strong’ says local MP Stephen Crabb

FIGURES published yesterday by the Office for National Statistics show that unemployment is falling across the country while the number...

News3 days ago

Pembroke Dock: Five years in jail for Asda cashpoint robbery

A PEMBROKE DOCK man has been jailed for five years for robbing a woman at knifepoint at the cashpoint at...

News4 days ago

War Graves Week is coming to Milford Haven

THE COMMONWEALTH War Graves Commission (CWGC) will be bringing War Graves Week to Milford Haven and offering free tours at...

Crime4 days ago

Former County Councillor with £80 per week ‘speed’ habit fined in court

FORMER County Councillor Paul Dowson – who says he has an £80 per week ‘speed’ habit – has admitted possession...

Crime4 days ago

Disqualified driver who caused A40 crash broke down in tears in court

A BANNED driver who caused a multi-vehicle pile-up on the A40 on Saturday (May 14) said in court on Monday...

Crime5 days ago

Father says his two-year-old son was ‘1cm from death’ from dog bite injuries to head

A MILFORD HAVEN man has been ordered to carry out 120 hours of community service after he admitted losing control...

Crime5 days ago

Haverfordwest man accused of murder appears in court

THE MAN accused of the murder of Lisa Fraser has appeared in front of the bench at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court...

Crime5 days ago

Haverfordwest man Matthew Harris charged with the murder of Lisa Fraser

DYFED-POWYS POLICE has confirmed that they have tonight (Sunday, May 15) charged 41-year-old Matthew Harris, of Barn Court, Haverfordwest with...

Popular This Week