Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

Crime

Henry Tufnell responds after four youths stabbed in Tenby

Published

on

MP says community will be deeply shocked by events at railway station

HENRY TUFNELL MP has said he is deeply saddened by the stabbing of four young people in Tenby and has offered support to those affected.

Responding to the incident at Tenby railway station on Tuesday night (Apr 7), the MP said his thoughts and prayers were with the friends and families of those involved.

Mr Tufnell said the wider community would be shocked by the events, which saw four youths suffer stab wounds during serious disorder at the station.

He also praised the emergency services who responded to the incident.

In a statement, Mr Tufnell said: “I’m deeply saddened to hear of the events last night in Tenby, resulting in the stabbings of four young people. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of those involved.

“I know our community will be deeply shocked by these events, but we are all so grateful for the vital services of the emergency first responders on the scene.

“I will be providing support in any way I can, and I encourage anyone affected to contact me.”

In his last day in office before campaigning begins for the Senedd election, Samuel Kurtz MS also responded to the stabbings, describing the news as “truly shocking and deeply upsetting”.

The Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire Senedd Member said his thoughts were with the victims, their families and everyone affected by the incident.

He also thanked the emergency services for their swift response and ongoing work at the scene.

In a statement, Mr Kurtz said: “Some truly shocking and deeply upsetting news coming out of Tenby. My thoughts are with the victims, their families, and everyone affected by this tragic incident.

“I also want to extend sincere thanks to the emergency services for their swift response and continued dedication in such difficult circumstances.

“There must be zero tolerance for knife crime. This kind of violence has no place in our communities and cannot be accepted under any circumstances. Those responsible must face the full force of the law.

“We all deserve to feel safe where we live.”

British Transport Police are leading the investigation following the disorder at around 9:50pm. A 16-year-old youth and a 19-year-old man have been arrested on suspicion of Section 18 assault.

 

Crime

Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges

Published

on

A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.

Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).

Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.

The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.

He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.

The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.

Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.

Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.

He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident

Published

on

A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.

Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).

Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.

The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.

Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.

The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.

Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.

His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.

He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.

Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.

A spokesperson for Nos Da said the incident was connected with rooms upstairs at the Victoria Road premises, and did not take place in the bar itself, in the licensed area.

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage

Published

on

A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.

Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.

She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.

McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.

She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.

Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.

 

Continue Reading

Business28 minutes ago

Plaid energy policy challenged by Labour after Adam Price interview

LABOUR SAYS MINISTERS MUST EXPLAIN COST AND TIMETABLE FOR PYLON PLANS PLAID CYMRU’S approach to energy infrastructure has come under...

Community54 minutes ago

Pembroke Fair praised as well-organised community event

HORSES, STALLS AND FAMILY CROWDS RETURN TO MONKTON FAMILIES, horse owners and visitors turned out in force for Pembroke Fair...

Local Government3 days ago

Youngest mayor in century takes office in Haverfordwest

Randell Izaiah Thomas-Turner makes history as town’s first millennial mayor and first from a diverse background HAVERFORDWEST has welcomed a...

Community3 days ago

Pembroke Fair set to return after last year’s success

STALL HOLDERS INVITED AS HORSE DRIVE PLANNED PEMBROKE Fair is set to return this weekend following the success of last...

Crime3 days ago

Neyland man accused of running over traffic worker’s foot

Jury hears conflicting accounts over roadworks incident in Milford Haven A NEYLAND man has appeared before Swansea Crown Court accused...

Community3 days ago

New pilot boat Llanion dedicated at emotional Milford Haven ceremony

Vessel dedicated at Mackerel Quay as Port marks major investment in safety and resilience MILFORD HAVEN’S new state-of-the-art pilot vessel...

Local Government3 days ago

Police and GoSafe to target speeding in Newport and Dinas

RESIDENTS’ concerns over speeding and anti-social driving have prompted planned enforcement action in the Newport and Dinas areas. Dyfed-Powys Police...

Community4 days ago

Safety first as Milford Haven’s new pilot boat marks end of troubled chapter

Gary Solomon, who was aboard St Davids during the 2016 collision, helped shape new self-righting vessel Llanion from conception to...

Crime4 days ago

Cocaine courier caught with £15,000 haul in Pembroke Dock

Defendant transported high-purity drugs from Cardiff to Pembrokeshire for £210 A PEMBROKESHIRE man caught transporting more than £15,000 of high-purity...

News5 days ago

Car bursts into flames near Redberth Croft as road closed after incident

Nobody injured after vehicle fire near A477 prompts emergency response A CAR was destroyed by fire near the entrance to...

Popular This Week