Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Pembroke Dock: Rape accused ‘perplexed and stunned’ at abuse allegations

Published

on

swansea crown courtA PEMBROKE DOCK man told police he was “perplexed and stunned” to be accused of sexually abusing five different girls.

Stephen Bladen, a self employed painter and decorator, told Det Con Paul James that a girl who complained of being abused at his home had never even been there.

Bladen, recently of Sycamore Street and once of School Road, Pembroke Dock, denies almost 30 charges of assault, including rapes, and of possessing indecent images of children.

A jury at Swansea Crown Court heard today (Oct 23) what Bladen told police during several interviews that followed his initial arrest.

He said he could not understand why one of the girls had told police she had been sexually assaulted although, he suggested, it could be true but that she was now identifying the wrong man.

“I have done absolutely nothing at all. It never, never happened,” he said.

After experts had examined a computer and a hard drive found at Bladen’s home he was re-interviewed.

He said he had “absolutely no knowledge” about 89 indecent images found on an Acer machine, 19 of which fell into the most serious category.

Bladen said he had bought the computer second hand at Carew market and had never seen the images.

The trial continues.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Fishguard RNLI launch to attend injured fisherman 13 miles offshore

Published

on

FISHGUARD’s RNLI’s all-weather lifeboat launched early on Monday (Jan 17), with a full volunteer crew, to rendezvous with an Irish scalloper fishing boat which had an injured crew member aboard. The 14-metre fishing boat ‘ Golden Fleece’ had requested assistance by making radio contact with HM Coastguard. 

The lifeboat launched at 7.30am in calm conditions and headed to the fishing boat positioned approximately 13 miles north of Cemaes Head. Once on location the injured fisherman, who had suffered a significant finger injury, was transferred to the lifeboat. No further medical assistance was necessary from the lifeboat crew but he was kept under observation during the return journey to Fishguard where he was transferred to an awaiting ambulance upon arrival at 8.30am.   

 

Continue Reading

News

Brains’ £100 million sell-off plan includes local pubs in Pembrokeshire

Published

on

SA BRAINs is close to completing a £100m deal which will see the sale of 100 Wales pubs, including Pembrokeshire locals, it has been reported.

It is reported that Wales most prominent brewers will sell the freeholds to 100 of it’s pubs to a consortium.

Brains currently has a portfolio of 200 pubs across Wales and the South West.

Sources within the pub industry said that the transaction could be signed in the next few days.

The deal is to be made with Song Capital and Cerberus Capital Management, the former owner of Admiral Taverns.

The deal, which is thought to be around the £100m mark, is expected to be used by the Brains’ family shareholders to pay down debt.

The hospitality sector has been hit severely by the Coronavirus pandemic, being forced to close for long periods at a time and then reopening with strict restrictions.

In 2020, Brains struck a deal with Marston’s to operate 141 of its pubs, under the Welsh brewers brand, following financial pressures of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Six Pembrokeshire pubs are earmarked to be included in the transaction; The Ferry Inn, St Dogmaels, Crown Inn, Tenby, Grove Hotel, Narberth, Waterman’s Arms, Pembroke, Harbour Inn, Solva and The Galleon, Broad Haven.

The sale will see the Brains pub estate as a family-owned brewer with a small residual pub portfolio.

Continue Reading

Business

St Clears’ McDonald’s opening delayed for a week

Published

on

McDonald's sign

THE OPENING of the new 100-seater McDonald’s in St Clears has been delayed by a week. 

The restaurant, which will be built along the main approach road to Pembrokeshire, aimed to open its doors on Wednesday, January 19. 

However, the company has confirmed that the opening has been postponed until Wednesday, January 26. 

The new McDonald’s will join Haverfordwest and Pembroke Dock McDonald’s as the only members of the company located west of Carmarthen. 

It hoped to provide over 80 full and part time jobs due to being open around the clock. They hosted a recruitment day in December 2021. 

The original applications had previously stated that the McDonald’s would be open 24 hours a day. A premises licence application is currently being made to the County Council for the “provision of late-night refreshments” which, if accepted, would allow the restaurant to be open 24 hours a day.

It will open on the opposite side of the road to Travelodge and Starbucks, which replaced the Little Chef restaurant in 2017.

The restaurant was initially going to include a separate building which would have accommodated a Costa Coffee. However, it will now host a Greggs. 

Alongside this, planning permission has been granted separately for a petrol station with six electric charging points.

Continue Reading

News14 hours ago

Fishguard RNLI launch to attend injured fisherman 13 miles offshore

FISHGUARD’s RNLI’s all-weather lifeboat launched early on Monday (Jan 17), with a full volunteer crew, to rendezvous with an Irish...

News20 hours ago

Brains’ £100 million sell-off plan includes local pubs in Pembrokeshire

SA BRAINs is close to completing a £100m deal which will see the sale of 100 Wales pubs, including Pembrokeshire...

News4 days ago

Haines appears at crown court for the second time accused of the murder of Lily Sullivan

A MAN charged with the murder of Lily Sullivan on December 17, has appeared at Swansea Crown Court this morning...

News4 days ago

First Minister of Wales to set out plans to ease restrictions

MARK DRAKEFORD, First Minister of Wales, will today (Friday) set out how Wales plans to move back to alert level...

News4 days ago

Police launch appeal following allegation of rape in Milford Haven

DYFED POWYS POLICE has confirmed that it is investigating an allegation of rape in the Milford Haven area on Monday,...

News5 days ago

Officers competence questioned over Council Chief’s pay-off

AUDIT WALES published its long-awaited report on the departure of former Council CEO Ian Westley on Thursday (January 13). Audit...

Health5 days ago

Omicron ‘challenging all parts of healthcare provision’

THE INCREASING challenge on healthcare from the Omicron variant is currently affecting all parts of healthcare, including GP, dental, pharmacy...

News5 days ago

Inquest into death of Lily Sullivan opened and adjourned by coroner

THE LIFELESS body of 18-year-old Lily Ann Sullivan was discovered in the Mill Pond, Pembroke, just a week before Christmas....

Community6 days ago

Sky Cinema original ‘Save The Cinema’ filmed in Carmarthen to hit local screen

CARMARTHENSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL has annonuced that it has secured a two-week showing of Sky Cinema original movie Save The Cinema...

News6 days ago

Homeless man threatened to slit the throats of Haverfordwest Job Centre staff

A HOMELESS man who threatened to slit the throats of staff working at the Haverfordwest Job Centre and hurl a...

Popular This Week