Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Milford Haven: Resident threatened with eviction if he appears in hit TV show

Published

on

Threatened with eviction: Tony Craig

Threatened with eviction: Tony Craig

AN ONGOING dispute between neighbours on a Milford Haven estate has led the local housing association to send letters to residents threatening eviction if they speak to the media.

Pembrokeshire Housing was spotted hand delivering letters to homes in Wentworth Close, warning it’s tenants that speaking to the producers of Channel 5’s Nightmare Neighbours Next-door programme could result in ‘notice being served and further legal action as deemed necessary’.

Flame TV, the production company behind the popular TV series have already been stopped from filming on the estate, according to two residents.

The company is due to start filming on the Fairways today (Jan 12), following repeated calls from some residents on the estate, as well as reports in the local press, including The Herald, dating back to 2014.

In their letter to residents Pembrokeshire Housing said: ‘We are concerned that [the filming] will only serve to inflame what is already a very difficult situation, and one we are continuing to work to resolve at a multi-agency level.’

The letter went on to say: ‘In view of this the Association would not give permission for such filming on the estate under any circumstances.

They added: ‘The association would view the filming as a form of harassment; and this action would be considered a breach of your tenancy conditions.’

Channel 5 programme is filming in Milford Haven this week

Channel 5 programme is filming in Milford Haven this week

Resident Tony Craig, 51, is one of the residents due to be interviewed for Nightmare Neighbours.  He said: ‘I have tried every avenue possible to get this neighbour disputed sorted. Going public now seems my only option.  ‘
He added: ‘My daughter has attempted to commit suicide due to the bullying our family has encountered, and she spent several days in hospital. I have tried to get help from the police, but that has got me nowhere. I have even written to the chief constable but to no avail.’

He added: ‘I have written to Stephen Crabb MP for help. He wrote to the Housing Association in July 2014 but nothing has improved. At the time the families involved with the trouble on the estate were invited to sign Neighbour Agreements, but that had not helped at all.’

‘The main family on the estate who are causing trouble have not been evicted, and I have no idea why.’

In its letter to Stephen Crabb the Housing Association wrote: ‘Pembrokeshire Housing works closely with the police and other agencies to share information and resolve such matters through Safer Pembrokeshire, Community Safety Partnership. As a result, one person was arrested and charged with an alleged assault. Pembrokeshire Housing sought and acted upon legal advice, which was considered appropriate and reasonable, based on the information gathered to date.’

In a statement Pembrokeshire Housing said: “We are aware that filming was due to take place at Wentworth Close in Milford Haven for a Neighbourhood Dispute Programme.  As landlord we have withheld consent to film at Wentworth Close believing that such action could provoke further conflict and be detrimental to the progress being made in addressing the issues raised.

“Pembrokeshire Housing has been working hard on a multi-agency approach with the police and other agencies to tackle what is a very complex matter with allegations and counter allegations by and against a number of tenants.  This is not a simple matter and there are ongoing legal proceedings against several occupants.

“On behalf of our tenants we are pleased to note that there has been some improvement at Wentworth Close and we will continue to work in partnership with others to resolve the issues raised and build on the progress made to date.”

 

8 Comments

8 Comments

  1. Terry

    January 12, 2016 at 4:21 pm

    that really is bully boy tactics, the housing association come across as uncaring and are only concerned about bad publicity – call themselves a charity?

  2. Neil Thompson

    January 12, 2016 at 5:09 pm

    ..’could result’… So what they are saying is ‘we don’t want you talking to these people’.
    Who are Pembrokeshire Houseing to dictate who you can to can’t talk to??
    Bullying tactics!!!! This would get thrown out of any court in the land and cost PH a fortune!!!

  3. SARAH B

    January 12, 2016 at 6:34 pm

    Ive used to live in Milford Haven and the council do not care about their tennants. I would just let them try and I would fight it all the way. There are bullies who deal with housing issues at Pembrokeshir Council, as i have had personal dealings with them and they lie through their teeth to cover their arses.

  4. SARAH B

    January 12, 2016 at 6:35 pm

    I used to live in Milford Haven and the council do not care about their tennants. I would just let them try and I would fight it all the way. There are bullies who deal with housing issues at Pembrokeshire Council, as I have had personal dealings with them and they lie through their teeth to cover their arses.

  5. M jones

    January 12, 2016 at 9:30 pm

    Maybe they should film the response from housing, and do the filming themselves, I’ve been trying to get a 20 mph speed limit around this estate for 2 years and no one is claiming responsibility for ownership, not Persimmons not housing not council nor the police, so in effect this is private property and we have a legal right to film whoever we like and drive as fast as we want and not even wear a crash helmet on a motorbike then, this day and age there are too many protected by the police for whatever reason that we will never know, people who constantly break the law and a blind eye is turned, somethings got to change or vigilantes will start to rule.

  6. Charles

    January 12, 2016 at 11:51 pm

    If they film at an alternative venue in silhouette and use an actors voice Pembs housing cannot serve notice on anybody. Pembs housing are useless at solving neighbour disputes and try their best to paper over the issues . I am sure it is a breach of the human rights act to threaten people in this manner. These notices should appear on here with the persons name blanked out and show what bully boy tactics that PHA are using to gag people. I was aware of a neighbour dispute and even where tenants were physically assaulted none of the agencies (including the police) did anything to resolve the issue!

  7. Concernedtracy

    January 13, 2016 at 6:00 pm

    The troublemakers need to be named and shamed and we need to know why they are being protected. Richard Cain Roberts and jacovia downing are the two causing all this bother!

  8. Lisa

    July 6, 2017 at 11:08 am

    After 3yrs of hell my neighbour was given an 8 week possession order last Thursday.
    I have to say my personal dealings with Pembrokeshire county council has been amazing. Also dyfed powys police have been so supportive. It’s been a living he’ll, but thankyou to everyone who supported me thru all this misery.
    There’s always light at the end of the tunnel. Keep reporting, and hang on in there. Good luck.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Community

Local firefighters to run search and rescue training exercise ‘High & Dry’

Published

on

MID and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service (MAWWFRS) will be carrying out a realistic Search and Rescue training exercise on Monday (Apr 7), aimed at enhancing emergency response capabilities.

The exercise, named ‘High & Dry’, will take place between 6:30pm and 8:30pm at Crown Buildings, Church Street, Llanelli. The session will allow crews to practise specialist rescue techniques, including Rescue from Height using the Turntable Ladder.

To ensure a lifelike environment, synthetic smoke will be used during the training. Members of the public may notice smoke escaping from windows and doors, or see emergency vehicles and personnel at the scene. The fire service is reassuring residents that there is no cause for concern.

Watch Manager Gavin Wilkins said: “It’s vital to utilise real buildings as it provides a realistic environment and opportunity to prepare our crews to effectively deal with incidents of this nature. We would like to thank the owners of Crown Buildings in Llanelli for the use of the premises for this exercise.”

The service also thanked the public for their cooperation and understanding while crews undertake this important training.

Continue Reading

Crime

Fined for dropping cigarette at Milford Haven Tesco

Published

on

A LLANELLI man who dropped a cigarette outside Tesco in Milford Haven has been fined over £570 after failing to attend court.

Mark Evens, aged 42, of Llys Westfa, Llanelli, was found guilty in his absence at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (Apr 3).

The court heard that on September 3, 2024, Evens discarded a cigarette butt in a public place to which section 87 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 applied.

He was fined £220 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £88 and prosecution costs of £266.66. A collection order was made, and the full balance of £574.66 must be paid by May 1.

Continue Reading

Crime

Court adjourns marine enforcement case

Published

on

A SWANSEA man failed to appear in court after being accused of refusing to comply with a marine enforcement officer.

Ieuan Rhys Davies, aged 29, of Seaview Terrace, Penclawdd, is accused of failing to stop his vessel when directed by Marine Enforcement Officer Matthew Dawkins on June 6, 2024.

The case, brought under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009, was adjourned until May 1 at 2:00pm.

Magistrates have ordered that Davies must attend the next hearing or risk a warrant being issued for his arrest.

Continue Reading

Charity8 hours ago

Royal visit celebrates Pembrokeshire charity’s community impact

STAFF, volunteers and visiting pupils at Lower Treginnis Farm were delighted to welcome a very special guest on Wednesday (April...

Business20 hours ago

Valero refinery escapes Trump’s new tariffs

Fuel imports spared as US tries to avoid price hikes THE VALERO oil refinery in Pembroke has escaped the impact...

Crime1 day ago

Leaked messages point to leadership crisis at HMP Parc

Staff mocked suicide and bragged about assaults as G4S failed to intervene A CULTURE of violence, cruelty and neglect flourished...

News1 day ago

Cleddau Bridge Hotel site housing development takes a step forward

CASTELL GROUP, in partnership with Pembrokeshire County Council, have completed the sale for the redevelopment of the former Cleddau Bridge...

Business1 day ago

Pembrokeshire Council rules out ‘toxic tourism tax’ – for now

VISITORS to Pembrokeshire will not face a new overnight tourism tax—at least not during the current county council administration. As...

News2 days ago

Shellfish gathering labelled ‘out of control’ in Saundersfoot

COUNCILLOR DEMANDS ACTION AS 250 COCKLE PICKERS DESCEND ON LOCAL BEACH ANGER is growing in Saundersfoot after more than 200...

Crime2 days ago

In court charged with intentional strangulation of woman

A PEMBROKESHIRE man is to appear before a Crown Court judge for trial charged with the intentional strangulation of a...

Crime2 days ago

Leaked messages reveal shocking culture at HMP Parc amid misconduct probe

The facility houses many prisoners from Pembrokeshire, and is the largest jail in Wales A SERIES of leaked messages obtained...

Business2 days ago

SpaceX eyes Milford Haven for new UK facility

Talks underway for rocket factory at former Black Bridge armament depot SPACE-X, the aerospace company founded by billionaire Elon Musk,...

Crime3 days ago

Victims praised as 1980s child rapist jailed for 16 years

A POLICE detective has praised the “immense strength” of two survivors of child sexual abuse after their attacker was finally...

Popular This Week