Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

[UPDATED] Natasha Bradbury killed in a ‘savage attack’

Published

on

Natasha Bradbury

JEALOUS and possessive Luke Jones “literally” beat Natasha Bradbury to death in her own home just hours after she confessed to sleeping with another man, a jury heard today.

Jones, aged 33, then waited until her body was “freezing cold” before calling for an ambulance to her flat in High Street, Haverfordwest.

Then, said Paul Lewis QC, prosecuting, he made up a story about her smashing up her own home in Imperial Court and falling over.

Jones, of Haven Drive, Milford Haven, denies murdering Miss Bradbury in the early hours of February 22 and is on trial at Swansea Crown Court.

Mr Lewis said Jones and Miss Bradbury, 27, had been in an “on off” relationship for three years.

In the days leading up to her death the relationship was under strain, he said, and text messages between them showed Jones was suffering emotionally.

Mr Lewis read to the jury dozens of messages that were “clearly personal and sent in the belief that no-one else would ever see them.”

“This is not like Facebook,” he added. “They are private messages between two people in a relationship.”

But they illustrated, alleged Mr Lewis, a man feeling jealous and possessive and willing to put emotional pressure on Miss Bradbury to keep their relationship going.

“It is for you (the jury) to assess. But we say that at times he expresses love, at others distress.”

On February 19 Jones, a pipe welder, told his supervisor he was unwell and made an emergency appointment with his doctor.

Jones told him he had “anger problems” and complained of losing his temper too easily and was referred to an anger management course.

“You might want to bear that in mind when considering the events that followed,“ Mr Lewis told the jury

Miss Bradbury spent the night of February 20 at the home of her friend Rhiannon Watts at Priory Road, Milford Haven, and Jones tried 26 times to contact her by telephone, including 13 attempts between 4am and 5am on the 21st.

Jones, said Mr Lewis, had already sent Miss Bradbury a text message reading, “I’m told you are seeing someone else.”

Mr Lewis said Miss Watts and Miss Bradbury had been joined that night by two brothers, Daniel and Darryl McGuckin. Miss Watts was in a relationship with Daniel and Miss Bradbury slept with his brother, Darryl.

The following morning, said Mr Lewis, Miss Watts told Jones what had happened and Miss Bradbury also contacted him to say, “Look, I’m sorry. I slept with someone last night.”

The following day Jones sent messages to friends, one of which read: “I can’t believe she’s done that. My Head’s in the shed but I’m passed caring. I loved her and gave her everything but what do I get.”

Jones later drove to Miss Bradbury’s home and between 8pm and 10pm she sent “sexual and flirtatious” messages with Darryl McGuckin.

“That takes us to ten pm,” said Mr Lewis. “What then?”

NEIGHBOURS HEARD LOUD NOISES

Neighbours of Natasha Bradbury listened to more than two hours of “shouting, swearing and the noise of a flat being smashed up” the night she was allegedly beaten to death by her on-off boyfriend.

But they only ever heard the voice of a man, said Paul Lewis QC.

That man, it is alleged, was Luke George Jones

Mr Lewis said Lisa Smith, who also had a flat in Imperial Court, High Street, Haverfordwest, heard the noises from between 11.30pm and about 2am and thought Flat A, where Miss Bradbury lived, was being smashed up.

Another neighbour, Timothy Down, became so concerned he thought about calling the police but decided “not to get involved.”

“He could hear swearing and shouting. But he heard only a man’s voice,” added Mr Lewis.

The prosecution argue that Jones was in the process of beating Miss Bradbury to death, or had already done so.

Because at 2.48am Jones told a 999 operator that Miss Bradbury was already “freezing cold and her lips are blue.”

Mr Lewis played to the jury a recording of the 15 minute telephone call, which ended when a paramedic took the telephone from Jones and told the operator, “We could do with the police.”

It took Jones at least twelve attempts to explain to ambulance control where he was.

The operator instructed Jones on how to try and resuscitate Miss Bradbury by placing one hand on top of the other on her breast bone and pumping hard.

The operator could be heard telling Jones, “Pump hard. One, two, three, four. Again, one, two, three, four.”

The operator was interrupted by an ambulance crew who had arrived in Imperial Court but could not find “Flat A,” which was, in fact, a four storey high building.”

Then, a voice could be heard asking Jones, “How long has she been lying there.”

Jones replied, “For about an hour.”

The paramedic took the ‘phone from Jones and asked, “Is that ambulance control”

The operator told him that ambulance control had gone off the line.

Paramedic:“We could do with the police here.”

Operator:“Do you want me to put you through?”

Paramedic, “No, we are dealing with a patient.”

JONES REFUSED TO ANSWER POLICE QUESTIONS

Luke Jones refused to answer questions from police investigating the “murder” of Natasha Bradbury at her flat in the centre of Haverfordwest.

And the prepared, written statements he later handed over were dismissed today as “nothing more than a pack of lies intended to avoid the consequences of what he had done to her.”

Paul Lewis QC told the jury that Jones “largely” answered none of the questions put to him by police.

But he later provided a number of prepared statements.

“He said he used no violence at all towards her and that she had suffered the injuries as a result of falling over,” added Mr Lewis.

“In essence, he appeared to be saying that her extensive injuries were accidental.

“If he maintains that account it will be for you to decide how it was she suffered the injuries that resulted in her death,” he told the jury.

“You will consider his intentions and his state of mind.”

Mr Lewis said the truth was that Jones had inflicted on Miss Bradbury a savage attack that had caused widespread and fatal injuries.

Miss Bradbury suffered extensive, blunt force injuries to her head, face and body. She suffered fractures to her neck and a wrist and there was evidence of injury to her brain.

Her heart had been bruised and there had been bleeding in the sack containing the heart.

There was also an “extensive” laceration to her liver that had led to massive bleeding into her stomach area.

“In a nutshell, he beat her to death in her own home,” added Mr Lewis.

NATASHA’S BLOOD STAINED FLAT

The jury was provided with a pictorial walk through of the blood stained flat where Natasha Bradbury met her death.

The prosecution say she died after a savage attack by her on-off boyfriend, pipe welder Luke Jones.

Despite the address, said Paul Lewis QC, prosecuting, it was in fact a four storey high building.

As the photographs unfolded, blood stained items came into view.

There were blood stains on the door leading to her bedroom, and blood on the lip of the sink in her en-suite bathroom.

A bin had been overturned and the contents strewn around the bathroom. “You will hear more about that, about the contents, in due course,” Mr Lewis told the jury.

There were bloody hand marks on the banister of the stairs leading to the second floor kitchen, where “shattered crockery etc” could be seen.

There was blood on the kitchen walls, on a tissue lying on a work surface and in the kitchen sink.

There was also blood on a discarded cigarette end.

Mr Lewis said there was more blood on the banister of the stairs leading to the third floor, which contained the lounge where Miss Bradbury’s body was found.

In that room there was blood on the floor and a wall in addition to “widespread” damage.

A glass table had been smashed, as had a television, and there was glass around Miss Bradbury’s body.

The trial, expected to last two weeks, will continue tomorrow.

 

2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Michael Davies

    September 2, 2016 at 1:02 pm

    Hang the bastard. Then’ friend’ too.

  2. mitolyn official

    January 27, 2026 at 9:15 pm

    **mitolyn official**

    Mitolyn is a carefully developed, plant-based formula created to help support metabolic efficiency and encourage healthy, lasting weight management.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Community

Community pool launches funding appeal to secure future

Published

on

A COMMUNITY-RUN swimming pool in Narberth is appealing for public and business support as it works to safeguard the future of one of Pembrokeshire’s most valued local facilities.

Narberth Swimming Pool, operated by charity Swim Narberth CIO, has unveiled plans for a £338,000 sustainability and improvement project aimed at protecting the building, cutting energy costs and ensuring the pool can continue serving the community for decades.

The facility was saved from closure in 2014 following a major community-led fundraising campaign and has since become a vital local asset. It now supports more than 500 children and 1,000 adults every week through swimming lessons, school sessions, inclusive and disability-friendly programmes, and health and wellbeing activities for people of all ages.

Chair of Trustees Chris Walters said the next phase is about protecting what the community worked so hard to preserve.

“This project isn’t about expansion or luxury upgrades,” he said. “It’s about keeping the doors open, the water warm and the building safe.”

A key element of the project is the replacement of the pool’s roof, which was never fully completed when the charity took over more than a decade ago. The structure has deteriorated over time, leading to persistent leaks and ongoing maintenance problems.

“The roof is a real concern for us,” Chris explained. “If we don’t address it now, the problems will only get worse and more expensive to fix.”

Alongside the roof works, the project will include installation of a modern high-efficiency air-handling system and upgrades to the existing solar photovoltaic panels. Together, the improvements are expected to reduce energy use by more than 30%, cut carbon emissions and significantly lower long-term running costs.

Swim Narberth CIO has applied to the Welsh Government Community Facilities Programme for £300,000 towards the scheme and must raise approximately £40,000 in match funding to unlock the grant.

Chris said the opportunity follows more than five years of waiting for a funding programme of this scale, with earlier plans delayed by the Covid pandemic.

“During that time, we’ve focused on stabilising the pool, growing participation and improving quality,” he said. “Winning a recent Swim Wales Award, and being the only swimming pool in Pembrokeshire to hold the Swim Wales Learn to Swim accreditation, has cemented Narberth’s position as a key community facility. But awards don’t repair roofs — investment does.”

Fundraising efforts are now being coordinated by Pool Manager Alice, with events and initiatives planned in the coming weeks. The charity is also approaching local businesses and national organisations to help secure the required match funding within a limited timeframe.

“We’re asking businesses to consider sponsoring the pool in some way,” Chris said. “In return, we’re committed to giving something back, whether that’s recognition, promotion or community engagement.”

As part of the appeal, larger donors are being offered a practical incentive.

“For anyone with slightly deeper pockets,” he added, “we’re offering a free company swim session for around 25 employees in return for a minimum donation of about £1,000. It’s a great team-building activity and supports a really good cause.”

Chris said trustees hope the same community spirit that saved the pool in 2014 will once again come to the fore.

“We’re asking the community to rally around the pool once more,” he said. “Without this investment, there’s a real risk that the pool becomes increasingly difficult to sustain in the future.”

Swim Narberth CIO will share updates on fundraising progress in the coming weeks. Anyone wishing to support the appeal can follow the charity on Facebook at facebook.com/swimnarberth or donate via gofund.me/447a446d7.

 

Continue Reading

Community

Anyone can administer EpiPens in emergencies, councillor clarifies

Published

on

Proposal aims to ensure life-saving devices are available in every Pembrokeshire school

A COUNCILLOR has clarified that anyone is legally permitted to administer an adrenaline auto-injector (AAI), commonly known as an EpiPen, in a medical emergency, following confusion during a recent debate at Pembrokeshire County Council.

Councillor Huw Murphy circulated guidance to colleagues after presenting a Notice of Motion calling for arrangements to be made with Hywel Dda University Health Board so that every school in Pembrokeshire can hold the potentially life-saving devices.

He pointed to changes made to medicines legislation in 2012, which broadened the law to allow any member of the public to administer adrenaline for the purpose of saving a life. Previously, the law required the person giving the injection to have received appropriate training.

Cllr Murphy said he had been aware of the legal position during the debate but was unable to reference the specific regulations at the time due to technical difficulties.

He thanked fellow councillors for supporting the motion in principle and said the estimated cost of around £14,000 to equip schools across the county would represent good value given the potential to prevent fatalities in emergency situations.

The councillor also suggested the Welsh Government may need to review its national policy on the storage and use of AAIs in local authority schools as awareness grows and demand increases.

If approved, the proposal would see discussions take place with health partners to develop a practical framework allowing schools to hold and use the devices safely.

 

Continue Reading

Local Government

Review launched into winter gritting for north-east Pembrokeshire roads

Published

on

Council to assess whether salt provision should return to Preseli and higher-ground communities after concerns over closures

PEMBROKESHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL has agreed to review its winter maintenance strategy for roads in the north and north-east of the county, following concerns that higher-ground communities are more vulnerable to snow and ice disruption.

The decision comes after a Notice of Motion was presented by Independent Group Leader, Councillor Huw Murphy, calling for a reassessment of how the authority manages gritting and salt provision in areas north and north-east of the A40, including the Preseli Mountains and communities such as Crymych and Tegryn.

Council officers and Cabinet members acknowledged that these upland areas experience harsher winter conditions than much of the county and are more likely to become impassable during periods of snowfall and icy weather.

The review will also examine the 2022 removal of the auxiliary salt depot previously located near Crymych. If the review concludes that additional provision is required, a replacement salt tip could potentially be reinstated in the north-east, although not necessarily at the former Llanfyrnach site.

The council expects the review to be completed during the second half of 2026.

Councillor Murphy said he welcomed the response from officers and Cabinet, adding that the issue had significant implications for residents, businesses and schools in affected areas.

He said: “The higher ground of north-east Pembrokeshire and areas adjacent to the Preseli Hills are more susceptible to closure during periods of poor weather, especially snow and ice. The potential return of an auxiliary salt tip is something that should be seriously considered and would be welcomed by local communities in helping to keep roads passable during difficult conditions.”

He also referenced the severe weather disruption seen during late 2025, which highlighted the challenges faced by rural communities when key routes become blocked.

Pembrokeshire County Council currently operates three winter maintenance zones across the county, but the review aims to determine whether the existing arrangements provide sufficient resilience for the most weather-exposed areas.

Further details are expected once the assessment work progresses later this year.

 

Continue Reading

Business2 hours ago

Tug crews at Milford Haven vote for industrial action in pay dispute

Union ballot raises concerns over potential disruption at key UK energy port TUG crews working in the Port of Milford...

Crime11 hours ago

Pembroke Dock raids: One man in court today as three released on bail

Update follows major Gordon Street operation reported on Friday ONE man is due to appear in court today (Monday, Feb...

Local Government12 hours ago

Ex-councillor Brian Rothero disqualified for three years after code breaches upheld

Second tribunal sanction in weeks deepens long-running town council turmoil A FORMER Neyland town councillor has been banned from holding...

News1 day ago

Sea Empress: 30 years since the grounding that transformed safety in Milford Haven

Human error, storm conditions and salvage decisions combined in one of Britain’s worst maritime disasters THIRTY years ago this week,...

Health2 days ago

NHS pay row erupts as ministers confirm 3.3% rise

Unions warn award amounts to real-terms cut as inflation remains above headline figure NHS staff across Wales will receive a...

Crime3 days ago

Governors defend leadership at Milford Haven School after stabbing incident

GOVERNORS at Milford Haven Comprehensive School have issued a public statement responding to concerns about leadership and staffing following last...

Crime3 days ago

Four arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock

Firearms, drugs and GBH suspects detained as pre-planned raids hit Bush Street and Gordon Street A MAJOR armed police operation...

News3 days ago

Climber dies and two injured in St Govan’s Head fall

Major air and sea rescue launched as coastguard, lifeboat and helicopters scramble to Pembrokeshire cliffs A PERSON has died and...

Education3 days ago

School in special measures after inspectors raise safeguarding and leadership concerns

Estyn orders urgent action plan and regular monitoring at Pembroke secondary A PEMBROKESHIRE secondary school has been placed into special...

Crime3 days ago

Armed police arrest man after major operation in Pembroke Dock

Firearms officers, dog units and roadblocks deployed on Gordon Street as Dyfed-Powys Police investigate ARMED officers sealed off part of...

Popular This Week