Connect with us


Llandysul: Police investigating theft of Ford Escort RS rally car



OFFICERS from Dyfed-Powys Police are investigating the theft of a high value rally car from a locked garage in Drefach Felindre, Llandysul. The theft happened sometime between 11pm on Friday October 7 and 7am on Saturday October 8.

The car is a Ford Escort RS and is lime green.

Anyone who saw anything suspicious, or anyone with any information that could help officers with their investigation is asked to report it to Dyfed-Powys Police by calling 101. If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired text the non-emergency number on 07811 311 908. Quote reference: DP-20221008-077.

Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111, or visit


Police investigating after man injured during altercation in cemetery



POLICE have confirmed that they are investigating a report of an altercation which occurred in the cemetery off Gelliswick Road, Hakin, Milford Haven sometime between 4.30 and 5.00pm, Wednesday 17th July, 2024.

Following the incident, a 32-year-old man went to hospital for treatment and was later released.

A 19-year-old male has been arrested on suspicion of assault and released on bail pending further police enquiries police have confirmed.

The incident caught the attention of locals, who said there was a large police response to the incident included armed officers.

Anyone with information that could help officers with their investigation is asked to report it to Dyfed-Powys Police, either online at:, by emailing [email protected], or by calling 101. If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired text the non-emergency number on 07811 311 908.

Quote reference: 394 of the 17th

Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111, or visiting

Continue Reading


West Wales man jailed for rape after victim’s cries heard



A WEST WALES man has been sentenced to six and a half years in prison for raping a woman in an attack that ended only when her cries for help were heard by others. Charlie Evans, a 22-year-old former Exeter University student, ignored his victim’s repeated pleas for him to stop during the 45-minute ordeal.

The incident took place after Evans and his victim had attended a party, where both had been drinking. The court heard that after kissing, the pair left together, with the woman under the impression that Evans lived in a flat with her friend.

Upon returning to the flat, the woman used the toilet before Evans raped her, despite her repeatedly saying no. The prosecutor described the victim as crying hysterically and added: “She did not want these things to happen.”

During the attack, one student testified they could hear the victim not consenting and begging Evans to stop. Another person said they were so concerned they inquired about what was happening.

Police were alerted after the incident was reported to campus staff, who then contacted the emergency services. Evans was told to leave his flat and was subsequently removed from the university. He denied the offence during his police interview.

Evans, of Victoria Avenue, Mumbles, Swansea, was convicted earlier this year at Exeter Crown Court of rape and sexual assault. He was sentenced on July 12. In a victim statement, the woman said her life had been forever changed by Evans’s actions. She expressed feelings of fear, confusion, and shame during the incident and continues to suffer from nightmares. She now feels distrustful of men and has sought support to cope with her trauma, the court heard.

Christopher Quinlan KC, defending, presented multiple good character references for Evans, describing him as a “kind and respectful” young man who was “always positive, compassionate and thoughtful.” He argued that his client’s life was “in ruins” as a result of his actions.

However, Judge Stephen Climie told Evans he had “completely misrepresented” his victim’s position, adding: “She was so far away from wishing to engage in your sexual activity that the only explanation for your attitude and approach was alcohol that blinded you to what was clearly and obviously the word ‘No’.” He continued: “So far as your life is concerned you will be crushed as a result of the sentence I’m required to impose.”

Following the sentencing, DC Michele Hicks from Devon and Cornwall Police’s major crime investigation team praised the victim for her courage and resilience throughout the investigation. She said: “I hope this case reassures the community how seriously the police take reports of sexual violence against women and girls and gives people the courage to come forward in future.”

Continue Reading


Man sentenced for disturbing domestic abuse against his mother



IN a harrowing case heard at Swansea Crown Court, Silviu Grigore, 35, has been sentenced for a series of disturbing offences against his 66-year-old mother, including threats to kill, assault, and extreme inappropriate behaviour.

The court heard that Grigore, who is unemployed, had made his mother’s life unbearable, subjecting her to relentless verbal abuse, demands for money, and physical threats. This sustained pattern of abuse culminated in an incident on May 17th, where Grigore’s actions escalated to a terrifying degree.

Grigore, originally from Romania, moved to the UK with his mother in 2021, settling in Llanybydder. Despite their shared history, his behaviour towards her became increasingly hostile. The court was told that Grigore frequently shouted and swore at his mother, calling her derogatory names, spitting at her, and blaming her for his unemployment.

One particularly shocking aspect of the case was revealed when it was stated that Grigore had exposed himself to his mother on multiple occasions. On one such occasion, he inserted a plastic bottle into his rectum in her presence, a deeply distressing experience for the victim.

The events of May 17th began when Grigore’s mother returned from work and went to bed, only for Grigore to burst into her room, making accusations and demanding money for alcohol. Despite her attempts to escape, the abuse continued later that evening after they bought a pizza together. Grigore’s behaviour became increasingly erratic and aggressive after consuming beer.

The court heard that he shouted, screamed, and spat at his mother, making repeated threats to kill her. In fear for her life, she sought refuge in a garden shed but was eventually persuaded to come back inside. Grigore then physically assaulted her, grabbing her clothing and shaking her while continuing his threats.

Terrified, his mother fled to a nearby supermarket and contacted the police. Although Grigore initially denied the offences, he changed his plea to guilty when the case reached the crown court.

During the sentencing, the court heard of the profound impact on the victim. She described feeling low, frightened, and unable to find peace, suffering from loss of sleep, stress, and isolation from friends and family.

In his defence, it was noted that Grigore had faced significant challenges in his early life, including the loss of his father at a young age, which forced him into an adult role prematurely. His defence argued that his emotional and educational development had been stunted as a result. Additionally, Grigore’s actions were attributed to a ‘clear lapse’ in his mental health, exacerbated by alcohol abuse, for which he expressed remorse.

Grigore’s criminal record includes eight previous convictions for 12 offences, including battery, and he was under a court order at the time of the May 17th offences.

Judge Mr Recorder G Bull KC condemned the aggravated nature of the offences, noting their occurrence in a domestic setting, the history of abuse, and the breach of a community order. Grigore was sentenced to 15 months in prison for the threats to kill, with a concurrent four-month sentence for the assault. He will serve half of this time in prison and the remainder on licence.

Additionally, a five-year restraining order was imposed, prohibiting Grigore from contacting his mother in any manner.

Continue Reading

News13 hours ago

Eluned Morgan announces bid to become Wales’ first female First Minister

ELUNED MORGAN has officially declared her candidacy to succeed Vaughan Gething as Wales’ First Minister. The current health secretary is...

Business15 hours ago

Pembrokeshire Creamery launches Blas y Tir Welsh milk brand

AS the only BRCGS-accredited liquid milk facility in Wales, it is exclusively producing 100% authentic Welsh milk for retailers in...

Business21 hours ago

RWE and Dragon join forces for Milford Haven CO2 Project

RWE, the largest power generator in Wales, and Dragon, an industry leader in LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas), are proud to...

News2 days ago

Health Secretary Eluned Morgan eyes Welsh Labour leadership

ELUNED MORGAN has announced she is “giving serious consideration” to standing for the leadership of Welsh Labour and, by extension,...

News2 days ago

Proposal to give firefighters a council tax discount to go to Cabinet

PEMBROKESHIRE on-call firefighters could enjoy a reduction in council tax “in recognition of the vital work performed” by them if...

News3 days ago

Second home numbers in Pembrokeshire drop after council tax hike

THE NUMBER of second homes and self-catering holiday properties in Pembrokeshire has declined year-on-year, while those seeking council tax exceptions...

Community4 days ago

Rubbish mounting in Milford estate due to ‘recycling confusion’

RESIDENTS of the Mount Estate in Milford Haven are voicing their frustrations and concerns as the area has turned into...

Health5 days ago

No improvement in cancer waiting times despite Welsh Govt plan

TWO years after the Welsh Government unveiled its ambitious plan to overhaul cancer care and reduce waiting times, the latest...

News5 days ago

Former school devastated by fire revealed as £2m drug factory just weeks ago

A SIGNFICANT blaze that led to the collapse of the roof of a former primary school in west Wales occurred...

Crime6 days ago

Thai woman accused of killing son in appears in court

A THAI woman accused of killing her seven-year-old son has made a court appearance. Papaipit Linse, 43, of Upper Market...

Popular This Week