Crime
Pembroke Dock man denies supplying heroin

A PEMBROKE DOCK man has appeared before magistrates charged with possessing diamorphine with intent to supply it to others.
Christopher Brockway appeared before Haverfordwest magistrates in custody this week following his arrest at his property in Church Street, Pembroke Dock, on February 11.
He is accused of possessing diamorphine with intent to supply it to others; possessing 7g of herbal cannabis and of possessing criminal property, namely cash totaling £2,600. He denies all three charges.
Brockway pleaded guilty to additional charges of stealing various items from Boots, Haverfordwest, totalling £500; driving his Vauxhall Insignia through Trinity Terrace, Burton, otherwise than in accordance with a licence; driving with no insurance, and causing criminal damage to a police cell at Haverfordwest police station by throwing a cup of coffee against the wall.
Following a request by the Crown Prosecution Service, magistrates declined jurisdiction. The case will now proceed at Swansea Crown Court on March 15.
Brockway was released on conditional bail, the conditions being that he must observe an electronically monitored daily curfew between 8pm and 7am and must reside and sleep at his home address.
Crime
Over 120 Carmarthenshire people identified as ‘money mules’ in fraud probe

More than 120 people in Carmarthenshire, mostly living in the Llanelli area have handed over their personal bank details to criminals involved in money laundering in exchange for financial gifts.
Economic Crime Team officers from Dyfed-Powys Police identified the individuals as part of an ongoing criminal investigation and issued notices advising them to stop the activity immediately or face prosecution.
Throughout February, the team visited people who had been linked with a suspected fraudster, as part of Operation Henhouse – a month-long nationwide clampdown on fraud offences.
On speaking to those involved, officers learned how the individuals opened online bank accounts using their personal information and identification and gave their account login details to criminals in return for cash, who then used their bank accounts to launder money obtained through crime.
The team offered safeguarding advice and warned them about the dangers of opening bank accounts to be used by someone else for criminal activity.
Many were unaware of the implications of what they had done and thought it was an easy way to make some money. Some were given financial gifts ranging from £50 to £200, while others were promised money but did not receive it.
Dyfed-Powys Police Fraud Investigator Sian Stevens said: “Through intelligence, we were made aware of a fraudster who recruited a number of people in the Llanelli area to open bank accounts, which were then subsequently used for money laundering purposes.
“The Economic Crime Team visited over 120 individuals in February to explain that they had been used as a money mule – this is someone, who has allowed their bank account to be used to send criminal money. We issued them with cease and desist notice to interrupt any further fraud by making sure they were aware what they were doing was a criminal activity.
“Many of the people were linked to each other. Some were family members or in the same friendship groups, ranging from young adults to pensioners. The accounts had been opened as a direct or indirect interaction with the fraudster.
“For example, there were some instances where an individual opened a bank account after contact with the fraudster and then went on to tell their friends, ‘you can earn £50 if you open up a bank account and give the details to this person’ and so on. That was just one of many examples how the fraudster managed to obtain personal bank details.”
Dyfed-Powys Police Economic Crime Team Manager Paul Callard said: “People fall victim to fraud every day and the impact on victims can be devastating, both financially and emotionally.
“They can be taken advantage of by criminals and encouraged to allow their accounts to be used. People should be very careful about who they provide their personal information to.
“We will not tolerate fraudulent activity and will look to tackle criminals at every opportunity.”
How to avoid becoming a victim of fraud
- Always use the ABC of scam awareness. Never Assume or Believe a caller, email or text is genuine. Always Confirm by contacting a trusted relative, friend, your bank’s fraud department or the police to check it is genuine.
- Remember the police will never call you asking you to assist with an investigation by withdrawing cash for them to collect, or requesting to collect your bank card. If you receive a call purporting to be from the police and are unsure it is genuine, ring them back via 101 using a different telephone.
- Avoid clicking on links in emails and text messages from unknown sources, as they are liable to be a scam.
- Always use a strong and separate password for your email address by using three random words.
Do you know what will happen if you are caught allowing criminals to use your bank accounts to money launder?
You could face prosecution and go to prison for up to 14 years.
It will be difficult to get a phone contract.
Your bank accounts will be closed.
You will have problems applying for credit.
Crime
Former police superintendent dismissed for gross misconduct

Misogynistic behaviour spanned three years, hearing told
A FORMER senior officer has been dismissed from Dyfed-Powys Police following a gross misconduct hearing which found he had engaged in inappropriate and misogynistic behaviour towards female colleagues.
Gary Davies, who held the rank of Superintendent, had been suspended since July 2022 while an investigation was carried out into a series of allegations relating to his conduct between 2017 and 2020.
A Gross Misconduct Hearing was held at Dyfed-Powys Police Headquarters between 24 March and 4 April 2025. The hearing was chaired by Legally Qualified Chair, Mr Oliver Thorne.
The panel found that Davies had breached multiple standards of professional behaviour, including Authority, Respect and Courtesy, Discreditable Conduct, and Equality and Diversity. As a result, he has been dismissed from the force and placed on the College of Policing Barred List, which prevents him from returning to the police service.
Deputy Chief Constable Ifan Charles, who serves as the Appropriate Authority for complaints and misconduct within Dyfed-Powys Police, issued a formal statement following the outcome.
He said: “Dyfed-Powys Police expects the highest standards of professional behaviour from its officers and staff, both on and off duty – and especially from those in senior leadership roles.
“I apologise to the former and current officers and staff who were subjected to inappropriate behaviour by former Superintendent Gary Davies, and I thank them for their courage in coming forward.
“Over the past two weeks, we have heard accounts from a number of colleagues, the majority of whom are women, who experienced unacceptable misogynistic conduct during the course of their duties.
“They are role models, and I commend the integrity and bravery they have shown throughout this process.
“This case is deeply concerning and will understandably cause unease within the organisation. I want to reassure all staff and the wider public that immediate action was taken when allegations were made, and the matter has been treated with the utmost seriousness.
“The outcome of today’s hearing reflects our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of conduct in policing. We will continue to use all available measures to ensure those unfit to hold the office of constable are removed swiftly and efficiently.”
Davies’s name was officially added to the Barred List on Friday (Apr 4), the day the hearing concluded.
Police and Crime Commissioner for Dyfed-Powys, Dafydd Llywelyn: told The Pembrokeshire Herald: “The public rightly expects the highest standards from those who serve in policing. Former Superintendent Gary Davies actions fell short of these expectations, and their dismissal reflects our commitment to integrity, professionalism, and public trust. There is no place in Dyfed-Powys Police for those who undermine these values.
“I would like to thank current and former staff and officers who came forward to report this misconduct. I appreciate that this must have been incredibly difficult, but their courage has been vital in ensuring accountability and upholding the standards the public deserve.”
Crime
Haverfordwest resident denies assault on partner during birthday break

A HAVERFORDWEST man has gone on trial accused of attacking his partner while on holiday in Pembrokeshire.
John Roberts, aged 51, of Barn Street, appeared at Swansea Crown Court charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and criminal damage.
The incident is alleged to have taken place on August 24 last year at a shepherd’s hut in Rosemarket, where the couple were staying to celebrate the complainant’s birthday.
Roberts is accused of grabbing his partner by the hair and banging her head against a wall, before damaging a fireplace inside the property. He denies both charges.
Opening the case, prosecutor Emily Bennett told the jury that Roberts and the complainant had been in a relationship for twelve years and were enjoying a holiday following a family barbecue.
She said that shortly after midnight, Roberts’ “mood changed,” and he allegedly launched the attack.
The jury heard that the complainant managed to escape, locked herself in the bathroom and called the police. When she later emerged, Roberts had left the property — taking one of their dogs and the keys with him — and she noticed the fireplace had been damaged.
Roberts was arrested later that day. In police interview, he denied assaulting the woman or causing any damage, claiming she had “started on him” after accusing him of being unfaithful.
The trial, before Judge Wayne Beard, continues.
-
Business5 days ago
SpaceX eyes Milford Haven for new UK facility
-
Crime6 days ago
Pembrokeshire farm worker accused of threatening to burn employer’s farm
-
Crime5 days ago
‘Yeah but no but’ insult to female officer lands Monkton man with court fine
-
Crime7 days ago
Pembrokeshire beach dog ban enforcement changes expected
-
Features5 days ago
‘We weren’t wild. We were unprotected’: A generation groomed and forgotten
-
Crime5 days ago
Leaked messages reveal shocking culture at HMP Parc amid misconduct probe
-
Community7 days ago
Spectacular evening of music at Ysgol Greenhill
-
Politics6 days ago
Probe into ‘escalating’ horse fly-grazing in Pembrokeshire