Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

Crime

Man charged with GBH with intent following incident involving ‘Pembrokeshire Patriot’

Published

on

Defendant remanded in custody as case linked to police raids on Friday

A MAN has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent following an incident in Pembroke Dock involving controversial local activist Darren Edmundson, widely known as the “Pembrokeshire Patriot.”

Zack Ian Craig High, aged 26, of Anthem Court, Monkton, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16) accused of unlawfully and maliciously causing grievous bodily harm to Edmundson with intent.

The allegation relates to an incident at an address in Bush Street, Pembroke Dock, on January 29.

No plea was entered during the hearing. Due to the seriousness of the charge, the case was sent directly to Swansea Crown Court under Section 51 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.

High was remanded in custody. Magistrates were told bail was refused on multiple grounds, including the nature and seriousness of the offence, concerns he may commit further offences, interfere with witnesses, and issues relating to previous record and character.

He is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on March 20 at 9:00am for a plea and trial preparation hearing.

Link to major police operation

The charge comes after a significant armed police operation in Pembroke Dock on Friday (Feb 13), which The Pembrokeshire Herald reported extensively at the time.

Heavily equipped officers carried out pre-planned raids in Bush Street and nearby Gordon Street, leading to four arrests including a man detained on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.

It is understood the investigation relates to the alleged assault which has now resulted in High being charged.

About the alleged victim

Seriously injured in incident: Darren Edmundson was taken to hospital by ambulance

Darren Edmundson has previously attracted attention locally and nationally under the name “Pembrokeshire Patriot,” becoming known for outspoken activism and online broadcasting. His activities and campaigns have generated both support and controversy.

He has also been linked to disputes surrounding a veterans’ support initiative and other activism-related issues, which he has strongly denied wrongdoing.

No further details about Edmundson’s injuries were disclosed during the magistrates’ hearing.

As criminal proceedings are ongoing, Zack Ian Craig High is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in court.

 

Crime

Man remanded in custody over Tenby grievous bodily harm allegation

Published

on

A 35-YEAR-OLD man has been remanded in custody after appearing before magistrates charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm following an alleged incident in Tenby.

Lewis Thompson-Gill, aged 35, of Worcester Road, Little Witley, Worcestershire, appeared at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16) for a mention hearing.

The court heard he is accused of unlawfully and maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm on a woman on or about December 28, 2025, in Tenby. The allegation is contrary to section 20 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861.

No plea was entered.

Magistrates remanded Thompson-Gill in custody. The court was told bail was refused due to concerns he was likely to offend, could cause injury or fear of injury to an associated person, and might interfere with witnesses or obstruct the course of justice. Previous record and character were also cited.

The matter was adjourned for a further mention hearing at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday, February 23 at 10:00am, which is expected to take place via live video link.

A custody time limit has been set to expire on April 13, 2026. A trial is provisionally listed for March 2 at 2:00pm, with an estimated duration of two hours and 30 minutes.

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Fraud charge for Pembroke Dock man adjourned for trial

Published

on

A 26-YEAR-OLD man from Pembroke Dock has appeared before magistrates charged with fraud by false representation.

Alfie Shelley, aged 26, of Market Street, Pembroke Dock, appeared at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16) for his first hearing.

The court heard the allegation relates to an incident on April 19, 2025, at an address in Bush Street, Pembroke Dock, where it is alleged Shelley dishonestly made a false representation intending to cause loss to Neil Hiatt or expose him to a risk of loss.

The charge is brought under sections 1 and 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

No plea was entered at this stage.

Shelley was granted conditional bail. As part of his bail conditions, he must not contact Neil Hiatt or Ellie Hiatt directly or indirectly.

The court was told the conditions were imposed to prevent interference with witnesses and to ensure the course of justice is not obstructed.

The case was adjourned for trial at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, March 26 at 12:00pm.

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Teenage protester jailed after motorway and railway disruption offences

Published

on

Custodial sentence imposed for incidents on A1(M) and at Haverfordwest railway station

A TEENAGER from Pembroke Dock has been jailed for eighteen weeks after admitting offences which caused serious disruption to both road and rail networks.

Jeylane Bamford, aged eighteen, formerly of Britannia Drive, Pembroke Dock, appeared for sentencing at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16).

The court heard that on January 24, 2026, Bamford walked into a live lane of the A1(M) at Hatfield, Hertfordshire, interfering with the operation of key national infrastructure. The offence was prosecuted under the Public Order Act 2023.

Magistrates were told the incident created a serious risk to road users and caused significant disruption to services.

The A1(M) at Hatfield was closed, which police said caused significant disruption to road users (Pic: Police)

Bamford also admitted a separate offence committed on January 14, 2026, at Cartlett railway station in Haverfordwest, where she trespassed on the railway and obstructed an engine or carriage, contrary to the Malicious Damage Act 1861.

A further charge of intentionally or recklessly causing a public nuisance — relating to lying in the live carriageway of the A1(M) — was also taken into account.

The bench said the offences were so serious that only an immediate custodial sentence could be justified, citing disregard for public safety and the scale of disruption caused.

Bamford received a total custodial sentence of eighteen weeks’ imprisonment, with the terms to run concurrently. No order for costs was made due to her lack of means and the immediate custody imposed.

District Judge Alaw Harries presided, sitting with magistrates Dr S Hancock, Mr D Fawcett and Mr R John. The prosecution was conducted by Sian Vaughan.

 

Continue Reading

Crime1 hour ago

Man charged with GBH with intent following incident involving ‘Pembrokeshire Patriot’

Defendant remanded in custody as case linked to police raids on Friday A MAN has been charged with causing grievous...

Business15 hours ago

Svitzer crews at Milford Haven vote for industrial action in pay dispute

Union ballot raises concerns over potential disruption at key UK energy port SVITZER crews working in the Port of Milford...

Crime1 day ago

Pembroke Dock raids: One man in court today as three released on bail

Update follows major Gordon Street operation reported on Friday ONE man is due to appear in court today (Monday, Feb...

Local Government1 day ago

Ex-councillor Brian Rothero disqualified for three years after code breaches upheld

Second tribunal sanction in weeks deepens long-running town council turmoil A FORMER Neyland town councillor has been banned from holding...

News2 days ago

Sea Empress: 30 years since the grounding that transformed safety in Milford Haven

Human error, storm conditions and salvage decisions combined in one of Britain’s worst maritime disasters THIRTY years ago this week,...

Health3 days ago

NHS pay row erupts as ministers confirm 3.3% rise

Unions warn award amounts to real-terms cut as inflation remains above headline figure NHS staff across Wales will receive a...

Crime3 days ago

Governors defend leadership at Milford Haven School after stabbing incident

GOVERNORS at Milford Haven Comprehensive School have issued a public statement responding to concerns about leadership and staffing following last...

Crime4 days ago

Four arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock

Firearms, drugs and GBH suspects detained as pre-planned raids hit Bush Street and Gordon Street A MAJOR armed police operation...

News4 days ago

Climber dies and two injured in St Govan’s Head fall

Major air and sea rescue launched as coastguard, lifeboat and helicopters scramble to Pembrokeshire cliffs A PERSON has died and...

Education4 days ago

School in special measures after inspectors raise safeguarding and leadership concerns

Estyn orders urgent action plan and regular monitoring at Pembroke secondary A PEMBROKESHIRE secondary school has been placed into special...

Popular This Week