Crime
Haverfordwest garden tools stolen in Haven Road burglaries
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after garden tools were stolen from outbuildings in Haverfordwest.
Dyfed-Powys Police said officers are investigating two burglaries at separate addresses in the Haven Road area, following reports made over the last week.
The first burglary is believed to have happened on Monday, May 4, when gardening tools worth around £40 and an electric renovator valued at about £70 were taken.
A second burglary is believed to have taken place sometime between Friday, May 8 and Sunday, May 10. A Bosch hedge trimmer worth around £190 was stolen.
Anyone who saw anything suspicious in Haven Road, or who has CCTV or Ring doorbell footage which may assist the investigation, is asked to contact Dyfed-Powys Police.
Police can be contacted online, by emailing [email protected], by direct message on social media, or by calling 101.
Quote reference: DP-20260510-142.
Crime
Trial by jury protest planned outside Cardiff Crown Court
Campaigners say the proposed reforms would weaken one of the public’s oldest legal protections
CAMPAIGNERS will demonstrate outside Cardiff Crown Court on Monday (May 18) in protest against government proposals which they say would severely restrict the right to trial by jury.
Local activist Roz Royson said she will join other campaigners outside the court between 11:00am and 4:00pm, handing out leaflets and speaking to members of the public.
The protest forms part of a wider national day of action organised by the Jury Alliance, with demonstrations planned outside around 30 crown courts across England and Wales.
Campaigners argue that trial by jury is a fundamental safeguard in the justice system and should not be removed or heavily restricted.
Ms Royson said: “This government’s current plan to get rid of trial by jury is relevant to every person affected by the rule of law here in the UK.
“There was an overwhelmingly positive response outside the court last time we were there. People in the street, when they learn about the plan, are outraged that the government intends to almost entirely do away with jury trials.”
The campaigners say they hope to raise public awareness and build opposition to the proposals, which they believe are “passing all too easily” without enough scrutiny.
The demonstration will take place outside Cardiff Crown Court tomorrow.
Crime
Man used vulnerable victim’s bank card at Milford Haven Tesco
A 41-YEAR-OLD man has been given a suspended prison sentence after using a vulnerable man’s bank card at Tesco Extra in Milford Haven.
Mark Anthony Hambrook, of Keeston, admitted fraud by false representation when he appeared before magistrates.
The court heard that Hambrook dishonestly used the card on April 29, 2025, spending £220.
Magistrates said the offence crossed the custody threshold because it involved a breach of trust, a vulnerable victim, and was committed while Hambrook was on post-sentence supervision.
He was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months.
Hambrook was also ordered to pay £220 compensation, together with a £154 surcharge and £85 costs.
Crime
Cilgerran man denies breaching court ban on keeping animals
39-year-old accused of keeping a dog despite court-imposed disqualification order dating back to 2019
A CILGERRAN man has denied breaching a court-imposed ban on keeping animals.
Max Huntley, 39, of Castell Corwg, Cilgerran, appeared before Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 14) for a further case management hearing.
He is accused of breaching a disqualification order imposed under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.
The court register states that Huntley was disqualified following conviction and sentence at Swansea Crown Court on March 14, 2019, for an offence under section 4 of the Animal Welfare Act.
The allegation now before the court is that, on or about August 10, 2025, at Castell Corwg, Cilgerran, he breached that disqualification by having custody of a dog.
Huntley has pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The case was adjourned to allow the prosecution to confirm details relating to the defendant and how a solicitor could contact him.
He was remanded on unconditional bail and must attend the next hearing at Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, May 27, at 10:00am.
The hearing is listed for further case management and is expected to last around 20 minutes.
-
News3 days agoPalestine pledge backed by 36 new Senedd Members
-
Crime5 days agoTeenager banned from roads after being caught six times over drug-drive limit
-
Community2 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
Crime5 days agoMan threatens to torch Silverdale Lodge through ‘demon drink’, court hears
-
Crime5 days agoMan sentenced for stalking women and threatening to torch home
-
Crime5 days agoViolent man jailed after ‘Banksy’ claims and campaign of domestic abuse
-
Local Government7 days agoCouncil leadership hopeful responds after anti-Tory rally photos surface
-
Crime5 days agoMan denies exposure in Pembrokeshire town





