Crime
‘Complete and utter devastation’ following ground floor flat blaze in Mount Estate
A TENANT from The Mount Estate, Milford Haven, has taken to social media to accuse her partner for a fire which caused ‘complete and utter devastation’ to her ground floor flat.
The blaze, which took place in the early hours of Easter Sunday morning (Apr 17), was tackled by the Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service.
There were no reported injuries, the young woman and her two dogs were not hurt – but according to the victim a pet leopard gecko lizard and goldfish perished in the blaze.

The fire brigade have confirmed that they attended, and that police are looking into the incident.
The Herald understands that an arrest has been made and that the victim is helping police with their inquiries.
In a public post on Facebook Fion Thomas-Stone, the occupier of the flat, said: “After an argument in the street [you] set my flat on fire, you’re an absolute disgusting excuse of a human being and I hope your friends and family are disgusted in the way you’ve behaved.
“Every memory, all the photos, and everything that belongs to me including my lizard is now burnt to a crisp.”
“I’m still in shock of what you’ve done all because of an argument on the way home. I hope to God you get every thing you deserve…”
Dyfed-Powys Police have been contacted for a comment.
Crime
Pembroke woman accused of scrap fraud to appear in court
Defendant accused of dishonestly selling vehicle for scrap in Haverfordwest
A PEMBROKE woman is due to appear before magistrates charged with fraud after allegedly selling a vehicle for scrap in Haverfordwest.
Natalie Morris, aged 42, of Corston Lodge, Axton Hill, is accused of fraud by false representation under the Fraud Act 2006.
The allegation relates to an incident said to have taken place in Haverfordwest on Tuesday (Aug 9), 2022, in which Morris allegedly dishonestly made a false representation by selling a silver Toyota Corolla, registration CU52 XBR, for scrap.
The court heard the alleged offence was carried out with the intention of making a financial gain of £313.
The case was listed before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Monday (May 18), where a previously issued warrant was withdrawn.
No plea was entered and the matter was adjourned.
Morris is now due to appear before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court at 10:00am on Tuesday (May 26) for a plea hearing, where she will be asked to enter a guilty or not guilty plea.
Crime
Builder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims
Victim says she was left “betrayed” after months of excuses and broken promises
A BUILDER who defrauded 18 victims out of more than £82,000 has been jailed for three years and four months.
Lee Brown was sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court on Friday (May 15) after admitting a series of fraud offences involving customers who paid him for building work that was either never completed or carried out to an unacceptable standard.
The court heard that Brown dishonestly obtained £82,771 over a four-year period by taking upfront payments from customers, often claiming the money was needed to buy materials.
Prosecuting counsel Mr Reynolds said many victims were left waiting for work that never began, while others were forced to pay additional money to have poor-quality work corrected.
The court was told that some of the offending continued while Brown was on both Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court bail for similar matters.
Mr Reynolds said the impact on victims had been severe and submitted that this should increase the sentence. He also highlighted Brown’s previous history, including a caution and a conviction for dishonesty.
The defence referred to ten character references and said there was a stark difference between Brown’s offending and his conduct in everyday life.
The court was told the offending had spiralled out of control during periods of bereavement and family illness. The defence also referred to Brown’s diagnosed PTSD, physical health problems, limited repayments to some victims, and his previous military service.
HHJ Crowther rejected calls for the sentence to be suspended and jailed Brown for 40 months.
Passing sentence, the judge described the harm caused to victims and said Brown had shown no shame in the number and nature of the excuses he used.
She also criticised the “hubris” shown when Brown gave victims false reasons for failing to attend their properties, when he was in fact attending court.
Victim impact statements described anxiety, trauma, family pressure and feelings of betrayal caused by Brown’s offending.
The court applied a 25% reduction for Brown’s guilty pleas, with further reductions reflecting his PTSD diagnosis and military service.
A timetable has now been set under the Proceeds of Crime Act in an attempt to recover money for victims. However, the prosecution said it was not expected that any assets or funds would be available for seizure.
Victim speaks out
ONE of Brown’s victims told The Herald she had been left feeling “betrayed” after months of excuses and broken promises.
The woman, who moved to Cross Hands three years ago, said she initially hired Brown after he had previously carried out work for her, including decking and a new garage roof.
After moving into her new property on June 26, she said she needed secure fencing installed and also wanted a summer house built.
Brown attended the property, assessed the work and agreed a price of £3,800.
She said: “He was going on holiday and came over and put up some chicken wire fencing. He assured me he would be there for the two weeks I was away.
“But when I came home there was no fencing. Then the text messages started. No van, no show. It went on for months.”
She said Brown would sometimes call late at night and that the excuses he gave were similar to those heard by other victims.
“It was always something. The same story he told everyone,” she said.
The victim later pursued a County Court Judgment and was awarded around £5,500. However, she said she has received only £75.
“He only has to pay back £25 a month,” she said. “All I’ve had is £75.”
She also claimed Brown used personal tragedies as excuses, including referring to the death of his father-in-law, despite him still being alive at the time.
She said: “After I gave him the money, I never saw him again.”
The victim said the case had been repeatedly delayed, with sentencing pushed back several times.
She added that she believes the scale of the fraud is wider than the 18 victims included in the case.
She said: “At the time there were 30 charges when he got to court, and now there’s upwards of 40 victims.
“He’s been doing this since 2021.”
Crime
Funeral assault case set for five-day trial
AN ASSAULT case involving five Pembrokeshire residents is expected to last five days when it comes before Swansea Crown Court next year.
The case relates to an alleged incident outside the Castle Inn in Pembroke following a funeral gathering on July 6, 2024, where Tonicha Jones was allegedly assaulted and knocked unconscious.
Emma Birch and Chloe Birch have already admitted assault, while Samantha Birch, Daisy Bianchy and Sam James deny the allegations.
The three defendants who deny the allegations remain on bail ahead of a trial listed for February 8, 2027.
During the latest hearing, the court was told that an original four-day trial estimate was “no longer tenable” and that the case was now likely to last five days, partly because Mr James will be representing himself.
Two witnesses are expected to give evidence, including Dr Ahmed, who treated the complainant after she arrived at A&E by ambulance.
The court heard the complainant reported being thrown to the floor and having her hair pulled. Medical evidence is expected to refer to swelling to the mid-scalp area.
Mr James is expected to challenge how his alleged actions caused those injuries.
The court also heard there had been an issue over Samantha Birch’s representation, after her solicitor became unavailable because of another trial.
The case will return to Swansea Crown Court for trial next year.
-
News3 days agoPalestine pledge backed by 36 new Senedd Members
-
Crime5 days agoTeenager banned from roads after being caught six times over drug-drive limit
-
Community2 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
Crime5 days agoMan threatens to torch Silverdale Lodge through ‘demon drink’, court hears
-
Crime5 days agoMan sentenced for stalking women and threatening to torch home
-
Crime5 days agoViolent man jailed after ‘Banksy’ claims and campaign of domestic abuse
-
Crime5 days agoMan denies exposure in Pembrokeshire town
-
Crime5 days agoDrunk motorist arrested at Pembrokeshire petrol station






