News
Missing person appeal: Have you seen Eryl?

POLICE are looking for help with locating a missing woman from Pembroke.
68-year-old Eryl may be wearing jeans and a light blue puffer jacket.
Police have confirmed that her vehicle was found in a car park at St Govan’s Head yesterday afternoon (November 29).
Officers are urging anyone with information to get in contact with them.
A Dyfed-Powys Police spokesperson said: “Have you seen 68-year-old Eryl, or do you have information that might help us find her?
“She has been reported missing from her home in Pembroke.
“Eryl may be wearing jeans and a light blue puffer jacket.
“Her car was found in the car park for St Govan’s Head yesterday afternoon, Tuesday, November 29.
“Anyone who has seen Eryl, or knows of her whereabouts, is asked to report it to Dyfed-Powys Police, either online at https://bit.ly/DPP101Online, by emailing 101@dyfed-powys.police.uk, or by calling 101.
“If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired text the non-emergency number on 07811 311 908.
“Quote reference: DP-20221129-328”
Crime
Holiday conwoman duped families with fake Tenby breaks

A WOMAN who tricked families into paying for non-existent caravan holidays in Tenby has avoided jail despite defrauding dozens of victims.
Rebecca Newcombe, aged 28, from Ebbw Vale, admitted to 35 counts of fraud after a three-year scam that ran between 2017 and 2020.
Newcombe used fake names on social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram to advertise cut-price getaways. She also ran a page called Cheap Bargains Galore, offering counterfeit designer clothes and accessories.
Newport Crown Court heard how the fraudster took out fake listings for holidays at sites including Tenby, Trecco Bay Holiday Park in Porthcawl, and Devon Cliffs in Exmouth.
Victims, many of whom were looking forward to family holidays, were left out of pocket—some losing hundreds of pounds—after Newcombe failed to deliver on her promises. When they arrived at the holiday parks, she would message them saying she was “on the way with the keys”, but never showed up.
Prosecutor Tabitha Walker told the court: “Excuses were made for the non-delivery of goods and services, and victims were promised refunds that never materialised. None of the items paid for were ever delivered.”
In total, Newcombe pocketed just under £8,000.
Statements from victims described the impact of the fraud, with one saying: “I feel utterly humiliated this has happened to me.” Others said they felt heartbroken, angry, and embarrassed by the ordeal.
Newcombe, of Canterbury Road, Beaufort, was previously jailed in 2017 for a similar offence.
Her barrister, Julia Cox, asked the court to consider the significant delay in bringing the matter to justice.
Judge Daniel Williams sentenced her to 18 months in prison, suspended for 24 months, citing a “realistic prospect of rehabilitation”.
She was also ordered to pay £1,000 in prosecution costs and a £140 victim surcharge.
Business
Beggars Reach Hotel sold to local business family for £950,000

A WELL KNOWN countryside hotel and event venue has been sold to local operators in a deal brokered by specialist business property adviser Christie & Co.
Beggars Reach Hotel, located in the village of Burton and set within seven acres of landscaped gardens, has been acquired by a local business family with a strong track record in hospitality and retail. The family also owns an established fish and chip restaurant in the seaside town of Tenby, as well as other commercial property interests in the region.
The popular hotel features 30 en-suite bedrooms, a restaurant, bistro-style breakfast room, and several function and event spaces – including a light-filled Orangery. With its sweeping views of the surrounding South West Wales countryside, Beggars Reach has become a sought-after venue for weddings, leisure breaks, and corporate events.
The property also holds planning permission for twenty additional guest rooms and a spa facility, offering the new owners scope for further development.
The transaction was supported by Christie Finance, who secured funding for the buyers within weeks of the sale being agreed.
Sam Roberts, Senior Broker at Christie & Co, said: “After the previous owner acquired the business through us early last year, unforeseen personal circumstances led to the need for a resale. We launched a full marketing campaign, which attracted strong interest, and we were able to secure a suitable buyer quickly. It has been a pleasure to assist with the sale of Beggars Reach for a second time, and we wish the new owners every success in taking the hotel forward.”
Tamara Ryan, Finance Consultant at Christie Finance, added: “It was an absolute pleasure to support our client with this acquisition. As an experienced and ambitious local business partnership, they have exciting plans for the hotel. We secured highly competitive funding within a few weeks of the offer being accepted, reflecting the strong appetite in the market for hotel investment.”
The hotel was sold off an asking price of £950,000.
Crime
Man avoids jail despite possessing child abuse images

A PEMBROKE DOCK man has been spared immediate custody after police found almost 70 indecent images of children on his mobile phone — including one image of a child aged around three whose hands and ankles were bound.
Andrew Davies, aged 36, was sentenced at Swansea Crown Court on Tuesday (Apr 1), having earlier pleaded guilty to three counts of possessing indecent photographs of children.
The court heard that officers from Dyfed-Powys Police executed a search warrant at Davies’ home on Brewery Street in November 2022. Davies was present at the property and handed over a mobile phone along with the PIN code to unlock it.
Upon examination of the device, officers discovered 67 illegal images. These included nine category A images — the most serious classification — 14 category B images, and 44 category C images. The images had been downloaded and stored in a password-protected application.
Prosecuting, Sian Cutter said one of the images showed a child estimated to be three years old with their limbs restrained. She told the court that all of the material was accessible on the device and had been intentionally downloaded.
In mitigation, defence barrister Ryan Bowen said Davies was “under no illusion as to the seriousness of his offending”. He said the offences dated back to 2019, and that the matter had been hanging over Davies for several years.
Mr Bowen added: “He has no previous convictions and is of otherwise good character. He accepts responsibility for his actions and has shown insight and a willingness to address his behaviour. There is a realistic prospect of rehabilitation.”
Sentencing, Her Honour Judge Catherine Richards told Davies: “The possession and viewing of child sexual abuse images causes direct harm to real children. It is a very serious aggravating factor that some of the images involve children as young as three.”
Davies was handed three prison terms of eight, four and two months, to run concurrently, making a total of eight months. The sentence was suspended for two years.
He must complete 200 hours of unpaid work and attend 25 rehabilitation activity days. He was also ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for 10 years.
-
Community6 days ago
Final closures begin as long-awaited A40 bypass nears completion
-
Charity6 days ago
The Dizzy Bear to open soon at Milford Waterfront
-
News7 days ago
Park issues clarification on campsite restrictions following backlash
-
News7 days ago
Police appeal after fatal crash on A477 involving two vehicles
-
News6 days ago
Crisis deepens at Parc Prison as six officers arrested
-
Crime6 days ago
Pembroke Dock man to be sentenced for assaulting police officers
-
Crime6 days ago
Man jailed for historic child sex offences in Milford Haven
-
News7 days ago
Coastguard called to Goodwick breakwater after items found