Crime
School stabbing girl wanted ‘more eyes on her’
A TEENAGER who stabbed three people at a Carmarthenshire school told police she wanted “more eyes on her” as the incident would be reported in the news, a jury has heard.
Teachers Fiona Elias and Liz Hopkin, along with a pupil, were injured in the attack at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman, Ammanford, on April 24, 2024.
The 14-year-old girl, who cannot be named due to her age, has admitted carrying out the triple stabbing but denies three counts of attempted murder.
On the fourth day of the trial at Swansea Crown Court, the jury was shown bodycam footage from a police officer. In the video, the girl is seen sitting in a police vehicle, asking: “Are they going to die?”
‘One way to be a celebrity’
She then added: “I’ve had loads of eyes on me today. Sooner or later, I’m sure this is going to be on the news, so even more people will be looking at me.
“That’s one way to be a celebrity.”
The court heard that she admitted stabbing the pupil while in the police vehicle, saying “oopsies” afterwards.
‘Cold’ demeanour
A video of her arrest was also shown, with a Dyfed-Powys Police officer describing her demeanour as “cold” in a witness statement.
The jury was shown drawings found in the teenager’s notebooks, including one featuring the injured pupil’s name surrounded by words such as “burning” and “death”. Other phrases included, “Why do I want to kill others just as much as I want to kill myself?” and “Why do I feel nothing but hate?”
One entry read: “I feel like I’m going to commit a crime of a lifetime.”
Another drawing, titled “Mrs Frogface Elias,” was also shown to the court.
Injuries and bloodshed
The jury was presented with images of the injuries suffered by the victims. Prosecution barrister William Hughes KC described a wound to Ms Hopkin’s neck, while the wounds suffered by Ms Elias and the pupil were described as “superficial”.
Witness statements from emergency workers described a “considerable amount of blood on the floor” around Ms Hopkin.
The trial continues.
Crime
Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges
A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.
Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.
The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.
He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.
The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.
Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.
He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).
Crime
Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident
A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.
Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.
The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.
Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.
The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.
Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.
His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.
He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.
Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.
A spokesperson for Nos Da said the incident was connected with rooms upstairs at the Victoria Road premises, and did not take place in the bar itself, in the licensed area.
Crime
Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage
A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.
Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.
She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.
McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.
She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.
Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.
-
Community7 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
News2 days agoPaul Davies meets Openreach Cymru at the Senedd to discuss Full Fibre rollout
-
Crime3 days agoFarm owner in court after 26 dogs removed over welfare concerns
-
Crime3 days agoTree surgeon sentenced for failing to provide breath test
-
Crime3 days agoPembrokeshire teenager admits driving almost four times over drug-drive limit
-
News15 hours agoWatchdog criticises health board over £10m GP contract checks
-
News3 days agoMilford man admits handling stolen goods from three local properties
-
Crime5 days agoBuilder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims






