Crime
‘No consultation’ over Narberth police station sale
NARBERTH councillors have said there was no consultation with them over the sale of the town’s police station; the town council saying it only heard of it after a press release was issued.
Yesterday, February 27, Dyfed-Powys Police announced it is to sell Narberth Police Station and relocate to a new base with Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Services (MAWWFRS) in nearby Spring Gardens.
The current Jesse Road station has been identified as not meeting modern day policing requirements, the force has said.
It stated: “As a result, and as part of a £10m savings plan spanning three years, a decision has been made to formally close the station and sell the property.”
Dyfed-Powys Police says it will maintain its presence in Narberth, from a new co-location base.
Reacting to the announcement, Narberth Town Council said it only heard about the sale through a press release shared by news outlets.
A statement said: “Mayor Cllr Chris Walters has written to [Dyfed-Powys Police and Crime Commissioner] Dafydd Llewlyn to express his disappointment in learning about the closure of Narberth Police Station and its intention to exit the town.
“No correspondence has been received by the town council in any capacity from either Mr Llewellyn or Dyfed Powys Police, and we are now seeking answers as to why the town has been overlooked for their views.
“We as a town council are very disappointed in this press release, especially as this was the first time we were made aware.”
County Councillor for Narberth, Cllr Marc Tierney said: “The Police and Crime Commissioner has informed me that Dyfed-Powys Police intends to sell their police station in Narberth and co-locate their service with that of the Fire Service at Spring Gardens.
“There doesn’t appear to have been any consultation on this proposal which is disappointing. Consultation allows for the co-production of public services and an opportunity for local residents to input suggestions that may enhance the final decision.
“Therefore, I have asked for a meeting with the Police and Crime Commissioner and the Chief Constable to ensure that the service in Narberth meets demand and keeps our community safe.”
Speaking about the sale and re-location, Chief Constable Dr Richard Lewis has said: “This decision has come after careful evaluation to make best use of resources and deliver an effective police service that meets the needs and expectations of our communities.
“The closure and sale of this police station is a step forward in modernising and improving our services, enabling officers to continue their work with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
“The decision has been made with the best interests of taxpayers and the community in mind, as the current station does not meet modern day policing requirements and is expensive to run.
“I want to reassure our local communities that Heddlu Dyfed-Powys Police is committed to maintaining the same level of service and support for our local communities, and residents and business in Narberth will see no difference.”
Crime
Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges
A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.
Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.
The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.
He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.
The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.
Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.
He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).
Crime
Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident
A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.
Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.
The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.
Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.
The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.
Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.
His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.
He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.
Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.
A spokesperson for Nos Da said the incident was connected with rooms upstairs at the Victoria Road premises, and did not take place in the bar itself, in the licensed area.
Crime
Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage
A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.
Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.
She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.
McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.
She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.
Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.
-
News22 hours agoWatchdog criticises health board over £10m GP contract checks
-
Crime3 days agoFarm owner in court after 26 dogs removed over welfare concerns
-
News2 days agoPaul Davies meets Openreach Cymru at the Senedd to discuss Full Fibre rollout
-
Crime3 days agoTree surgeon sentenced for failing to provide breath test
-
Crime4 days agoPembrokeshire teenager admits driving almost four times over drug-drive limit
-
News3 days agoMilford man admits handling stolen goods from three local properties
-
Crime5 days agoBuilder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims
-
Crime4 days agoPembroke Dock drink-driver arrested on Cleddau Bridge






