Crime
Spate of number plate thefts hits North Street, Pembroke Dock
AT LEAST six vehicles were targeted for their number plates on North Street in Pembroke Dock this weekend, sparking concerns among local residents . The thefts, part of a seemingly increasing trend, have prompted calls for heightened action from local law enforcement.
According to Christina Cogger, a resident affected, this worrying pattern has evolved from previously more common forms of vehicular theft.
She expressed frustration, suggesting the lengths to which vehicle owners might have to go to protect their property if something is not done soon.
Joshua James, another local, reported an attempted theft on his vehicle.
Despite capturing the incident on CCTV, the footage was insufficient for identifying the perpetrators. This incident underscores the challenges faced by the community in deterring and solving these crimes.
The series of thefts have led to widespread consternation, with residents questioning the effectiveness of police response to these incidents.
Karen Breaker voiced a common concern regarding the actions taken by authorities to address the situation.
Ray Roberts reported that clear CCTV footage of an attempted theft, occurring at 12:45 am, had been secured and would be submitted to the police, offering a potential lead in the investigation.
The problem extends beyond North Street, with reports of similar incidents in the Pennar area, indicating a broader issue that affects multiple neighborhoods. Victims and sympathisers, including Sally Thomas and Laura Dagger, shared their experiences, expressing the inconvenience of having to get new plates made at short notice.
A police spokesperson said: “Dyfed-Powys Police has received a number of reports of the theft of vehicle number plates in the Pembroke Dock area.
“The incidents were reported to have taken place in the North Street, Britannia Road and School Gardens area sometime overnight, Sunday February 4th and Monday February 5th.
“Anyone with information that could help officers with their investigation is asked to report it to Dyfed-Powys Police, either online at: https://bit.ly/DPPContactOnline, by emailing [email protected], or by calling 101.
“If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired text the non-emergency number on 07811 311 908.
“Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111, or visiting crimestoppers-uk.org.”
Crime
Milford Haven man admits assault and harassment charges
A MILFORD HAVEN has admitted assaulting a family member and harassing another relative following incidents in the town last year.
Wayne Whatling, 39, of Howarth Close, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Whatling changed his pleas to guilty to one charge of assault by beating and one charge of harassment without violence.
The assault charge relates to an incident in Milford Haven on September 13, 2025, when Whatling assaulted Ben Whatling by beating him.
He also admitted pursuing a course of conduct amounting to harassment against Carol Whatling between September 1 and September 13, 2025.
The court heard the harassment allegation involved repeatedly asking Carol Whatling for money, with the complainant said to have feared repercussions if she did not provide it.
Magistrates adjourned the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Whatling was remanded on conditional bail and ordered not to contact Carol or Ben Whatling directly or indirectly.
He is due to be sentenced at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (June 9).
Crime
Milford Haven man admits affray after alleged pub incident
A MILFORD HAVEN man has admitted affray following an incident at a town centre pub.
Stephen Collier, 38, of Vaynor Road, Milford Haven, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21).
Collier has pleaded guilty to affray, relating to an incident at Nos Da, Victoria Road, Milford Haven, on December 3, 2025.
The charge states that he used unlawful violence towards John Dean Hilton and that his conduct was such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for their personal safety.
Collier also faces a separate charge of burglary dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. It is alleged that, on the same date, he entered a flat at Nos Da as a trespasser and inflicted grievous bodily harm on Mr Hilton. He denies that charge.
The court also dealt with a breach of bail allegation after Collier was arrested on May 20 for allegedly breaching a curfew condition. He admitted the breach.
Magistrates re-admitted him to conditional bail.
His bail conditions include a daily electronically monitored curfew between 9:00pm and 6:00am, residence at his Vaynor Road address, and exclusions from Mount Estate, Milford Haven town centre, and Nos Da.
He must also not contact prosecution witnesses, including Molly Martin, Jack Martin, Lily Rose Martin and John Hilton.
Collier is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on Friday, June 5, for sentence.
Crime
Carmarthen woman accused of Tenby hotel assault and criminal damage
A CARMARTHEN woman is due to appear at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court accused of assault and criminal damage at a Tenby hotel.
Kerry McReynolds, 35, of Trem Y Coleg, Carmarthen, is charged with assaulting Ryan Mayne by beating him in Tenby on May 9.
She is also accused of damaging potted plants worth £35 belonging to Tenby House Hotel on May 10.
McReynolds appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (May 21) for a bail variation application.
She was remanded on conditional bail, with a condition not to enter Tenby House Hotel.
Her next hearing is listed for Tuesday (May 26) at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court.
-
News6 days agoPalestine pledge backed by 36 new Senedd Members
-
Community5 days agoSurfers take sewage protest to Broad Haven beach
-
Crime1 day agoFarm owner in court after 26 dogs removed over welfare concerns
-
Crime1 day agoTree surgeon sentenced for failing to provide breath test
-
Crime1 day agoPembrokeshire teenager admits driving almost four times over drug-drive limit
-
Crime3 days agoBuilder jailed for £82,000 fraud affecting 18 victims
-
News1 day agoMilford man admits handling stolen goods from three local properties
-
News6 hours agoPaul Davies meets Openreach Cymru at the Senedd to discuss Full Fibre rollout






