Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

Crime

Teen girl sentenced after assaulting police officer and shop theft

Published

on

Magistrates impose referral order following guilty pleas to multiple offences

A 15-YEAR-OLD girl has appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court charged with assaulting a police officer by kicking him.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to common assault after the officer sustained reddening and bleeding to his leg.

She also admitted obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duty and stealing items worth £18 from a shop.

After considering the case, District Judge Mark Layton sentenced the girl to a 12-month referral order.

She was also ordered to pay £50 court costs, a £26 surcharge, £50 compensation to the injured officer, and £18 compensation to the shop.

 

Crime

Harbour collision sailor admits navigating at dangerous speed

Published

on

Milford Haven court told vessel struck moored boat and incident was not reported

A SAILOR has admitted navigating his vessel at a speed likely to endanger others after a collision with a moored boat at Milford Haven waterfront.

Nolan Orford was the master of the vessel Andy 02 when it entered Milford Haven on June 4. District Judge Mark Layton was told that the speed at which Orford was travelling failed to comply with directions lawfully given by the harbourmaster under the Milford Haven Conservancy Act 1983.

Orford, of The Great Barn, Bishton Village, Newport, pleaded guilty to manoeuvring his vessel at a speed likely to cause damage, danger or inconvenience to others, making a direct impact with a vessel that was on its moorings, and failing to report the collision to the harbourmaster.

Sentencing was adjourned until March 5 because Orford is currently abroad and was unable to attend court for the hearing.

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Break-in at home of deceased woman leads to sentence for Dock man

Published

on

Defendant said he returned to former partner’s property after release from prison

A PEMBROKE DOCK man has been sentenced after breaking into the home of a woman who had died weeks earlier.

John Ashby, aged 38 and currently of no fixed abode, was arrested on June 12, 2025, after police received a 999 call reporting he had forced entry into a property at Laws Street, Pembroke Dock. The owner of the house had passed away a few weeks before the incident.

When officers attended, they found rear windows had been smashed. Blood traces recovered from the scene were sent for forensic analysis, which led police to Ashby.

Appearing before magistrates this week, Ashby pleaded guilty to causing criminal damage. He was represented by defence solicitor Michael Kelleher.

Mr Kelleher told the court his client had been released from prison on the day of the incident and that the deceased woman had been his former partner.

“He returned to the property feeling extremely upset that she had died and that all of his belongings were inside the building,” he said.

Ashby was fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 court costs and a £48 surcharge. He must also pay £293.57 compensation for the damage caused to the property.

 

Continue Reading

Crime

Baby assault allegations: Couple deny charges over eight-week-old infant

Published

on

Case sent to Crown Court after district judge declines jurisdiction due to seriousness

TWO people from Haverfordwest have appeared before a district judge charged with assaulting, ill-treating and neglecting an eight-week-old baby in Haverfordwest town centre.

The man and woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons in order to protect the identity of the child, are accused of failing to take the infant to hospital after the baby allegedly sustained injuries during what has been described as a domestic accident.

The pair appeared before District Judge Mark Layton sitting at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court, where they jointly denied charges of assault, ill-treatment and neglect of a child.

The man also faces an additional charge of wounding or inflicting grievous bodily harm without intent in relation to the same infant. He denied that charge.

Given the seriousness of the allegations, Judge Layton declined jurisdiction, meaning the case must be dealt with at a higher court.

Proceedings will now continue at Swansea Crown Court on March 20.

Both defendants were released on conditional bail, with conditions that they reside at their current address in Southampton.

 

Continue Reading

Community10 hours ago

Smiles all round for Pancake Day celebrations in Tenby

TENBY was filled with laughter, cheers and the smell of freshly cooked pancakes on Tuesday (Feb 17) as the town’s...

Crime12 hours ago

Man charged with GBH with intent following incident involving ‘Pembrokeshire Patriot’

Defendant remanded in custody as case linked to police raids on Friday A MAN has been charged with causing grievous...

Business1 day ago

Svitzer crews at Milford Haven vote for industrial action in pay dispute

Union ballot raises concerns over potential disruption at key UK energy port SVITZER crews working in the Port of Milford...

Crime1 day ago

Pembroke Dock raids: One man in court today as three released on bail

Update follows major Gordon Street operation reported on Friday ONE man is due to appear in court today (Monday, Feb...

Local Government2 days ago

Ex-councillor Brian Rothero disqualified for three years after code breaches upheld

Second tribunal sanction in weeks deepens long-running town council turmoil A FORMER Neyland town councillor has been banned from holding...

News2 days ago

Sea Empress: 30 years since the grounding that transformed safety in Milford Haven

Human error, storm conditions and salvage decisions combined in one of Britain’s worst maritime disasters THIRTY years ago this week,...

Health3 days ago

NHS pay row erupts as ministers confirm 3.3% rise

Unions warn award amounts to real-terms cut as inflation remains above headline figure NHS staff across Wales will receive a...

Crime4 days ago

Governors defend leadership at Milford Haven School after stabbing incident

GOVERNORS at Milford Haven Comprehensive School have issued a public statement responding to concerns about leadership and staffing following last...

Crime4 days ago

Four arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock

Firearms, drugs and GBH suspects detained as pre-planned raids hit Bush Street and Gordon Street A MAJOR armed police operation...

News4 days ago

Climber dies and two injured in St Govan’s Head fall

Major air and sea rescue launched as coastguard, lifeboat and helicopters scramble to Pembrokeshire cliffs A PERSON has died and...

Popular This Week