News
Neighbour tried to record the sound of Natasha being beaten to death

Natasha Bradbury
A NEIGHBOUR tried to record the sound of Natasha Bradbury being beaten to death, a jury heard today (Sep 1).
Timothy Down became so worried about the “loud, aggressive” noises coming from her flat that he hung his mobile telephone out of his bedroom window in an attempt to record them.
And then he made an electronic note on his mobile that read, “There seems to be some kind of domestic aggression coming from apartment A. Seems to be a male. The time is approximately 12.45am. Banging and shouting. Do I go across or call the police. I feel it is better to stay away.”
The prosecution at Swansea Crown Court say that, unknown to Mr Down, he had been listening to Miss Bradbury’s on-off boyfriend Luke George Jones beating her to death.
Jones, aged 33, of Haven Drive, Milford Haven, denies murdering Miss Bradbury at Flat A, Imperial Court, off the High Street, Haverfordwest, in the early hours of February 22.
Mr Down, who lived in Flat D, said he was woken by the sound of “serious, heavy banging” coming from Flat A.
He said he heard a man say, “I f***ing loved you.”
A minute later he heard the same man say, “Now look what you have made me f***ing do.”
Paul Lewis QC, prosecuting, asked why he hadn’t telephoned the police.
Mr Down said he rang his father who advised him not to get involved.
The prosecution claim that Jones, a pipe welder, had been worried about his relationship with Miss Bradbury and just days before her death he had told his doctor that he had difficulty controlling his temper.
The night before she was killed Miss Bradbury had stayed with a friend, Rhiannon Watts, where she had had sex with Darryl McGuckin, the brother of Miss Watts’ boyfriend Daniel McGuckin.
Miss Watts told the jury she became “angry, very angry” because they had used the bed of one her children and the following morning she contacted Jones via Facebook to tell him Miss Bradbury had slept with another man.
Jones turned up at her home, she said, but looked to her to be more upset than angry.
Daniel McGuckin said he and his brother returned to Swansea, early on February 21. Later that evening he began to exchange “sexy” messages with Miss Bradbury, even though she had slept with his brother the night before.
The messages from Miss Bradbury stopped suddenly at 10.10pm.
“I thought it was a bit strange. I never heard from her again,” he said.
The prosecution claim that Jones killed Miss Bradbury a short while later, because at 2.48am he telephoned for an ambulance and told the operator she was already “freezing cold, her lips are blue.”
Miss Bradbury died from extensive blunt force injuries that included fractures to her neck and a wrist, bleeding in the sack containing her heart and massive bleeding from a cut to her liver.
The jury has heard that after his arrest Jones gave prepared statements to the police in which he said that Miss Bradbury had caused the injuries to herself by falling down.
The trial continues.
News
Government backs down after Reform legal challenge over postponed local elections
Ministers withdraw decision affecting 30 councils as court claim resolved
THE UK GOVERNMENT has withdrawn its decision to postpone local council elections in England scheduled for May 2026 after a legal challenge brought by Reform UK, according to official court correspondence seen by The Herald.
A letter from the Government Legal Department, dated Monday (Feb 16), confirms that the Secretary of State has decided to reverse the earlier postponement “in the light of recent legal advice”, meaning the elections will now proceed as planned in May.
The claim — Reform UK Party Limited v Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government — had been lodged in the Administrative Court in London.
The correspondence states that the Housing Minister, who had not been involved in the original decision, was asked to reconsider the position urgently due to the tight timetable. Following that review, ministers concluded that the elections should go ahead.
The Government has also indicated it will seek to agree an order with the claimant to formally dispose of the case and will pay Reform UK’s legal costs.
Reform UK leader Nigel Farage claimed victory following the development, writing on social media that the party had “taken this Labour government to court and won”.
He added: “In collusion with the Tories, Keir Starmer tried to stop 4.6 million people voting on May 7th. Only Reform UK fights for democracy.”
The Government has not publicly commented in detail on the claim itself, but the letter makes clear that the reversal was prompted by legal advice rather than a full court judgment.
The dispute centred on the proposed postponement of elections across 30 local authorities, a move which critics argued would have delayed millions of voters from going to the polls.
With the decision now withdrawn, preparations for May’s local elections are expected to proceed as normal.

Local Government
MoD plans for Pembrokeshire site submitted to council
PLANS for specialist MoD air traffic radio direction finding equipment works at Pembrokeshire’s Cawdor barracks, where a ‘DARC’ deep space radar facility is proposed, have been submitted to the council.
Cawdor barracks, Brawdy, is occupied by the 14th Signal Regiment who are due to vacate the Barracks in 2028.
A formal screening opinion call, under Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, submitted to Pembrokeshire County Council by agent Montagu Evans on behalf of the ministry of Defence (MoD) has been submitted relating to renewal works to be undertaken to the air traffic equipment at Cawdor Barracks.
A supporting statement says: “The Ministry of Defence are progressing a full planning application with associated Environmental Statement for a Deep Space Advanced Radar Capability (DARC) Facility on part of the barracks site.
“ This project has yet to be submitted for approval and is being brought forward independently of the renewal works to the Radio Direction Finder.
“The Cawdor Barracks airfield includes a Directional Finder (DF) which forms part of the service operated under a requirement from the National Air Traffic Services (NATS) and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
“It forms part of the nation-wide system automatic triangulation and distress, and diversion network regulate by the CAA on behalf of NATS. It is located towards the centre of the airfield.
“The network of DF installations is a civilian rather than military requirement, and allows bearing data to be provided to the Distress and Diversion Cell at NATS Swanwick. This is a national service which locates and supports aircraft in distress and manages the diversion of other aircraft.
“The current DF equipment comprises a 0.5m cabinet for electronics, a counterpose mounted the building which holds the ultra-high frequency antennas and a mast upon which the antenna array of 18 antennas is mounted.
“The existing DF equipment is reaching the end of its operational life and must be replaced at a manner which allows for continued operations. It is to be replaced with a High-Resolution Direction Finder (HRDF) which is being managed under the Ministry of Defence’s MARSHALL programme.
The new equipment will allow signals to be received from aircraft up to approximately 90 nautical miles (Nm) from the site, providing maximum coverage of the area through including the Bristol Channel and St Georges Channel.
“The existing DF will remain operational during installation of the new equipment. Once the HRDF is operational, the existing system will be decommissioned and removed from the site. Works are to commence in early 2026 and completed by early 2027.”
Crime
Driver admits killing dog walker whose body was found in churchyard
Guilty plea entered at Swansea Crown Court after fatal hit-and-run days before Christmas
A MAN has admitted causing the death of a Carmarthenshire dog walker after striking him with a car and leaving the scene.
Daniel Wyke, aged 28, of Carmarthen, appeared before Swansea Crown Court on Monday (Feb 16) where he pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving.
The victim, Aaron Jones, aged 38, from Llanpumsaint, was discovered in a churchyard near Caer Salem Baptist Chapel on December 23, 2024 — just days before Christmas.

The court heard that Mr Jones, a father of two, had suffered catastrophic injuries after being struck by a vehicle at around 7:20pm. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Prosecutor Ian Wright told the court there was extensive damage to the windscreen of the vehicle involved, consistent with a serious impact.

Mr Jones’ body was found after his dog was discovered wandering alone by a passer-by, who contacted his wife and raised the alarm, prompting a search of the area.
Wyke was arrested the following day.
In addition to the fatal collision, he had also faced a separate allegation of dangerous driving on Water Street in Carmarthen. That charge was denied and remains outstanding.
His Honour Judge Paul Thomas KC granted Wyke bail but imposed an immediate driving disqualification.
A provisional sentencing date has been set for March 30.
-
Health5 days agoHealth Board to decide future of nine key services at two-day meeting
-
Community6 days agoFacebook ‘news’ site targeting Herald editor collapses after community backlash
-
Crime3 days agoFour arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
-
Community13 hours agoHywel Dda hospital services decisions will be made next week
-
Crime5 days agoPublican admits supplying cocaine and cannabis at Crown Court
-
Education3 days agoSchool in special measures after inspectors raise safeguarding and leadership concerns
-
Climate6 days agoPlans for £40m Newgale coastal road upgrade put on hold
-
Community6 days agoStudents win King’s Trust award for transforming vandalised subway










Tomos
September 1, 2016 at 9:10 pm
pity the neighbour didn’t call the cops rather than just play with her phone
Michael Davies
September 2, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Some ‘friend’ Rhiannon Watts was. The catalyst in the girl’s death.
Some ‘neighbour’ who hears a women being beaten to death and says ‘ I don’t want to get involved’. Imbecile.
Some ‘boyfriend’ the scumbag was. Beating a women to death because she didn’t want to be with the bully.