Crime
Driving ban for Milford Haven motorist caught over cannabis limit
Blood test showed THC level nearly five times the legal limit after erratic driving stop
A 21-YEAR-OLD Milford Haven motorist has been banned from the roads after being caught driving with cannabis in his system.
Wayne Armstrong was stopped by police on October 17 while driving a Skoda Kamiq along Woodland Drive, Milford Haven, after officers observed what was described in court as erratic driving.
A roadside saliva test proved positive for cannabis, and subsequent blood analysis revealed 9.8 micrograms of Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) per litre of blood — almost five times the legal limit of 2 micrograms.
Defence solicitor Michael Kelleher told the court his client had been driving for much of the night after becoming upset following a recent relationship breakdown.
He added that Armstrong had since taken police advice following his arrest and referred himself to the Dyfed Drug and Alcohol Service for support.
Armstrong, of Richard John Road, Milford Haven, pleaded guilty to drug-driving when he appeared before magistrates.
He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120, and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £48 surcharge.
Crime
Teen given community order after assaulting police officer at hospital
A TEENAGER from Neyland has been given a community order after admitting assaulting a police officer at Withybush Hospital.
Luke Davies, aged 18, of Springfield Avenue, Neyland, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16) for sentencing.
The court heard that on July 9, 2025, at Withybush General Hospital, Haverfordwest, Davies assaulted PC Elliot Jamie Williams while the officer was acting in the execution of his duty. The offence is contrary to section 89(1) of the Police Act 1996.
Davies had previously pleaded guilty to the charge on January 6, 2026.
Magistrates imposed a community order running until August 15, 2027. The order includes participation in drug rehabilitation and alcohol treatment programmes for six months, both to be carried out as directed by probation, along with regular court reviews.
He must also complete up to 20 days of rehabilitation activity requirements.
Davies was ordered to pay £200 compensation and £85 prosecution costs.
The case will return to Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court for review on March 16 at 10:00am.
Crime
Man sent to Crown Court over strangulation and assault allegations in Pembroke Dock
A 46-YEAR-OLD man has been sent to the Crown Court to face multiple charges including intentional strangulation following an alleged incident in Pembroke Dock.
Fazlur Rahman, aged 46, of Lewis Street, Pembroke Dock, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16).
The court heard he faces three allegations arising from an incident on February 13, 2026, at an address in Hawkstone Road, Pembroke Dock.
The charges include intentional strangulation of a female, assault by beating, and racially or religiously aggravated harassment, alarm or distress, relating to words allegedly directed towards a police officer.
No pleas were entered at this stage.
Magistrates sent the case to Swansea Crown Court for trial under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Rahman was granted conditional bail. His bail conditions include not contacting the complainant directly or indirectly and not entering Hawkstone Road, Pembroke Dock. The court was told the conditions were imposed to prevent further offending, avoid interference with witnesses and ensure his attendance at court.
The next hearing, a plea and trial preparation hearing, is listed at Swansea Crown Court on March 20 at 9:00am.
Crime
Man remanded in custody over Tenby grievous bodily harm allegation
A 35-YEAR-OLD man has been remanded in custody after appearing before magistrates charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm following an alleged incident in Tenby.
Lewis Thompson-Gill, aged 35, of Worcester Road, Little Witley, Worcestershire, appeared at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16) for a mention hearing.
The court heard he is accused of unlawfully and maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm on a woman on or about December 28, 2025, in Tenby. The allegation is contrary to section 20 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861.
No plea was entered.
Magistrates remanded Thompson-Gill in custody. The court was told bail was refused due to concerns he was likely to offend, could cause injury or fear of injury to an associated person, and might interfere with witnesses or obstruct the course of justice. Previous record and character were also cited.
The matter was adjourned for a further mention hearing at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday, February 23 at 10:00am, which is expected to take place via live video link.
A custody time limit has been set to expire on April 13, 2026. A trial is provisionally listed for March 2 at 2:00pm, with an estimated duration of two hours and 30 minutes.
-
Health6 days agoHealth Board to decide future of nine key services at two-day meeting
-
Business10 hours agoMS’s host business advice surgery following demand from Business Rates Online Forum
-
Crime4 days agoFour arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
-
Community2 days agoHywel Dda hospital services decisions will be made next week
-
Crime7 days agoPublican admits supplying cocaine and cannabis at Crown Court
-
Education4 days agoSchool in special measures after inspectors raise safeguarding and leadership concerns
-
Community3 days agoSecond Milford Haven webcam launched after 1.3m views and US TV feature
-
Climate7 days agoPlans for £40m Newgale coastal road upgrade put on hold





