Crime
Drink drive allegation denied
Trial date fixed by magistrates
A MOTORIST has denied a drink-driving allegation when the case came before magistrates.
Michael Miles, 39, of Milford Road, Johnston, Haverfordwest, appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Court charged with driving a motor vehicle when the alcohol level was above the prescribed limit.
The court heard that on January 24, 2026, it is alleged that Miles drove a Ford Transit on the A477 at Jordanston after consuming so much alcohol, that the proportion in his breath was 52 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, exceeding the legal limit of 35.
Miles entered a not guilty plea on February 10, 2026.
The matter was adjourned for trial on May 21 at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court. He was remanded on unconditional bail.
Crime
Repeat drug-driver banned for three years after Pembroke stop
Motorist was over legal limits for both cannabis and cocaine metabolite, court hears
A 35-YEAR-OLD Pembrokeshire motorist has been disqualified from driving after being caught behind the wheel while over the legal drug-drive limit.
Police received information on November 11 that David Webb had been driving a Kia Sorento along Buttermilk Lane, Pembroke, after taking drugs.
When stopped by officers, Webb admitted he had smoked cannabis the previous night. A roadside drug swipe tested positive, and subsequent blood analysis at the police station revealed 101 micrograms of benzoylecgonine — a cocaine metabolite — per litre of blood, along with 2.3 micrograms of Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The legal limits are 50 and 2 micrograms respectively.
Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court heard this was Webb’s second drug-driving conviction, following a previous offence in October 2023.
Webb, of Strongbow Walk, Pembroke, was sentenced to a 12-month Community Order requiring him to complete 15 Rehabilitation Activity Requirement days and 100 hours of unpaid work.
He was disqualified from driving for three years and ordered to pay a £114 surcharge and £85 costs.
Crime
Driver banned after refusing breath test despite admitting drinking
Motorist also damaged police cell blanket after arrest, court hears
A PEMBROKESHIRE motorist has been banned from the roads after repeatedly refusing to provide a breath sample despite admitting he had been drinking alcohol.
Police were called to Glenview Avenue, Pembroke Dock, on the evening of January 3 following a report from a member of the public who was concerned about a man sitting in a car who appeared to be under the influence.
Prosecutor Linda Baker told Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court that officers found the man, later identified as Sean Cook, appearing intoxicated while sitting in the vehicle.
“He appeared to be intoxicated and said he was listening to the radio,” she said.
Cook told officers he was not fit to drive because he had consumed alcohol. He was asked on three separate occasions to provide a breath test but refused each time.
The court heard he was obstructive throughout the encounter and refused to answer questions about his alcohol consumption.
Following his arrest, Cook was taken to Haverfordwest Police Station where he damaged a custody cell blanket by pulling out its stitching.
Cook, aged 58, of Glenview House, Glenview Avenue, Pembroke Dock, pleaded guilty to failing to provide a specimen for analysis and causing criminal damage.
He was disqualified from driving for 18 months and sentenced to a 12-month Community Order, which includes 10 Rehabilitation Activity Requirement days and a 120-day Alcohol Abstinence Monitoring Requirement.
He was also ordered to pay £100 compensation for the damaged blanket, a £114 surcharge and £85 costs.
Crime
Woman, 79, made 141 unnecessary 999 calls putting lives at risk, court hears
Judge warns misuse of emergency services could delay genuine life-threatening incidents
A 79-YEAR-OLD Pembrokeshire woman has admitted putting lives at risk after making more than 140 unnecessary calls to the emergency services over a 12-month period.
Ann Gately made a total of 141 calls to 999 between November 2024 and November 2025, including 26 calls over just two days between November 24 and 26.
Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court heard that each call was made from her home in Chapel Hill Lane, Templeton.
Appearing before District Judge Mark Layton, Gately pleaded guilty to persistently making use of a public communications network to cause annoyance, inconvenience and anxiety.
She was represented by defence solicitor Tom Lloyd, who told the court his client had recently undergone a memory assessment which produced a low score. The report suggested this could be linked either to the onset of dementia or significant alcohol consumption.
During the hearing, Gately was heard muttering: “I could do with a drink now, to be honest,” as mitigation was presented.
She was sentenced to a 12-month Community Order, which includes 15 Rehabilitation Activity Requirement days. She was also ordered to pay a £114 surcharge and £85 costs.
Passing sentence, District Judge Mark Layton criticised her behaviour and warned of the wider consequences.
“You’re just making a nuisance of yourself again,” he said.
“You’re drinking, you’re getting drunk, you’re phoning the emergency services and their time is being wasted coming to you. People with genuine concerns aren’t able to get through and that might include someone in need of an ambulance or the fire service.
“Your actions are causing problems… real emergencies are being delayed, and that can cost lives.”
-
Health7 days agoHealth Board to decide future of nine key services at two-day meeting
-
Business20 hours agoMS’s host business advice surgery following demand from Business Rates Online Forum
-
Crime5 days agoFour arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
-
Community2 days agoHywel Dda hospital services decisions will be made next week
-
Crime7 days agoPublican admits supplying cocaine and cannabis at Crown Court
-
Education5 days agoSchool in special measures after inspectors raise safeguarding and leadership concerns
-
Community4 days agoSecond Milford Haven webcam launched after 1.3m views and US TV feature
-
Health6 days agoWelsh pharmacies forced to sell medicines at a loss as funding model buckles






