News
Panel gives full support to police air service
DYFED-POWYS POLICE and Crime Panel has given its full backing to the fight for the best possible air service for the area.
Panel members have spoken out in support of Police and Crime Commissioner Dayfdd Llywelyn who recently pledged to prioritise the air service.
Mr Llywelyn said he would use his new position as a member of the National Police Air Service (NPAS) to positively influence the development of the air support service across the Dyfed-Powys region.
Chair of the Police and Crime Panel Andy Edwards said: “The loss of the Dyfed-Powys police helicopter was a massive blow, which concerned people across the force area.
“We welcome the fact that the Commissioner has pledged to use his new position in NPAS to fight for the best possible air service for us.”
The NPAS, which Dyfed-Powys joined earlier this year, was set up to provide a cost effective service which also ensures the police have a quickly deployable asset to be using for tackling crime and protecting the public.
Police and Crime Panel Vice Chair Cllr Alun Lloyd Jones said: “We all fought hard to retain this crucial service and were extremely disappointed when the helicopter was lost to us.
“However, it is heartening to hear of the new Commissioner’s commitment to the air service, he has our full support in this and we look forward to seeing positive results.”
The Dyfed-Powys Police and Crime Panel was set up to scrutinise and support the work of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
The Panel is made of up of members nominated by the four councils in the force area: Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys; and at least two independent members. Carmarthenshire County Council is the lead authority for the Panel.
Business
Mounting complaints: More Computer Solutions Wales customers claim losses
Business owner issues legal threats and IPSO complaint to this newspaper while refusing to answer detailed questions about customers who say they were ‘ripped off’
MULTIPLE customers and former associates have come forward to The Pembrokeshire Herald alleging they were left out of pocket after dealings with Computer Solutions Wales, a business operated by Steven Grant.
Following our earlier reporting more people have come forward. The Herald has now spoken to a growing number of individuals who describe similar experiences involving upfront payments, missing equipment, delays, and difficulties obtaining refunds or wages.
The allegations span a period from 2024 into 2025 and involve sums ranging from hundreds to several thousand pounds.
Grant denies wrongdoing and has refused to provide detailed comment on specific allegations, instead issuing legal threats demanding the newspaper cease reporting on the matter.
The Herald investigation is continuing.
Customers describe similar experiences
While each case has its own circumstances, complainants who contacted the newspaper independently described recurring themes:
• Requests for payment upfront
• Delays or lack of communication
• Explanations involving disputes with landlords or access to premises
• Assurances that work had been completed or refunds issued
• Difficulty recovering money or property
The Herald has reviewed bank statements, payment confirmations, correspondence, and message exchanges relating to several of the complaints.
There is currently no finding of criminal liability, and disputes of this nature are typically matters for civil courts. However, the number of individuals reporting similar experiences has raised public-interest concerns.
NHS worker says she lost laptop and repair payment
One of the most recent complainants, Emma Venables, an NHS worker, says she paid £589 in October 2024 to have her son’s water-damaged laptop repaired.
Bank records seen by the Herald confirm a Faster Payment of £589 made on Friday (Oct 11, 2024) to Computer Solutions.
Ms Venables says communication became sporadic despite repeated attempts to contact the business.
Messages reviewed by the Herald show Grant stating the laptop had been repaired but was locked inside premises due to a dispute with a landlord.
Ms Venables later gained access to the premises through a letting agent but says the laptop was not present.
Grant allegedly suggested the device may have been taken by others with access to the building.
Despite later agreeing to refund the payment, Ms Venables says no money was returned and she has been left both without the device and out of pocket.
She told the Herald the situation caused significant distress during a period when she was grieving the death of her husband.

Animator claims nearly £3,000 loss
Cardiff-based animator Rebecca Merrell says she transferred £2,964.55 in December 2024 for a custom-built computer system which she says was never delivered.
Bank documentation supplied to the Herald confirms the transfer was made via Faster Payments to an account linked to Grant’s business.
Ms Merrell alleges she received repeated assurances the computer had been completed and would be delivered, including claims it was already in Grant’s vehicle awaiting transport.
She further alleges she was sent screenshots appearing to show a refund had been issued, but no payment was ever received.
The Herald has reviewed copies of documents she provided.
Ms Merrell says she was unable to work for months without a replacement computer and had to borrow money from family to purchase another system elsewhere.
She described the experience as having a serious impact on her confidence and mental wellbeing.
Another customer reports lost laptop and payment
The Herald has also spoken to another customer who says they lost both a laptop valued at approximately £1,500 and £589 paid for repairs after handing the device to the business.
They say they were later told the computer had been inside premises affected by a landlord dispute and could not be accessed.
No refund was received.
Further individuals have contacted the Herald describing disputes involving payments for goods or services they say were not delivered or completed.
These claims are currently being reviewed.

Former worker alleges unpaid wages
Separate to the customer complaints, the Herald has also been contacted by a former worker who claims they carried out work connected to the business but did not receive agreed payment.
Documentation relating to that claim has been shared with the newspaper.
The Herald understands the individual believes they are owed money and has considered pursuing recovery through civil action.
Grant has not provided a response to that allegation.
Timeline of disputes
Information provided to the Herald suggests the disputes span several months.
Some complainants describe making payments in late 2024 and experiencing ongoing communication issues into early 2025.
Others report refund promises that they say were not fulfilled.
The Herald is continuing to verify additional timelines as more individuals come forward.
Grant refuses detailed comment
The Herald contacted Steven Grant with detailed questions covering each allegation and the evidence provided by complainants.
He declined to respond to the specifics.
In correspondence, Grant said: “My mental health isn’t great.”
He also warned that further articles would result in legal action.
Legal threats issued to newspaper
Grant subsequently sent what he described as a “final and formal legal notice” to the Herald demanding:
• Immediate cessation of reporting
• Removal of published material
• A retraction
• Written confirmation within seven days
The Herald is continuing its reporting in the public interest.
Grant has also lodged a complaint with the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).
Right to reply offered
Grant has been given multiple opportunities to respond to the allegations raised by customers and former associates before publication of this article.
He declined to provide any substantive comment.
Customers considering legal action
Some complainants say they are considering civil claims or seeking advice from Trading Standards.
Others say personal circumstances prevented them from pursuing action sooner.
Investigation continues
Since the Herald began reporting on Computer Solutions Wales, additional individuals have contacted the newspaper with further accounts.
Journalists are currently interviewing witnesses and reviewing documentation to establish whether those complaints can be reported on the record.
Anyone with relevant information is invited to contact the newsroom confidentially.
Health
Health board confirms major hospital changes across west Wales
Emergency surgery centralised as Withybush role shifts toward planned care
MAJOR changes to hospital services across west Wales have been approved following an extraordinary meeting of Hywel Dda University Health Board on Thursday (Feb 19).
Board members agreed the next steps in the organisation’s Clinical Services Plan, covering nine services identified as under pressure or “fragile”, including emergency general surgery, critical care, stroke and orthopaedics.
The decisions will see some specialist services concentrated on fewer hospital sites, alongside plans to expand planned care at Prince Philip Hospital in Llanelli and Withybush Hospital in Haverfordwest.
Health chiefs stressed that no immediate changes would take place, with implementation expected to happen gradually over several years.

Consultation and decision process
During summer 2025, the Health Board carried out a major public consultation involving more than 4,000 questionnaire responses and engagement events attended by over 4,000 people.
An independent report produced by Opinion Research Services summarised the feedback, while board members also considered workforce pressures, clinical standards, estate issues and financial factors.
Twenty-two alternative proposals submitted by the public were formally assessed against criteria including sustainability, accessibility and deliverability.
Emergency surgery changes
Under the plans, emergency general surgery operations will be concentrated at Glangwili Hospital in Carmarthen and Bronglais Hospital in Aberystwyth.
Patients from Pembrokeshire requiring surgery will be transferred to Glangwili when operative treatment is needed.
However, emergency departments will continue operating as normal at all four hospitals.

Other service changes
Across the region, the approved direction includes:
• Intensive care units remaining at Bronglais, Glangwili and Withybush, with Prince Philip Hospital providing enhanced care for less critically ill patients.
• Dermatology services primarily based at Prince Philip Hospital, supported by community clinics and telemedicine.
• Endoscopy procedures brought together at Prince Philip while retaining bowel screening across sites.
• Ophthalmology services concentrated mainly at Glangwili with community provision elsewhere.
• Orthopaedic surgery expanding at Withybush for less complex procedures.
• Radiology retaining emergency imaging at all hospitals with new diagnostic hubs planned.
• Urology inpatient care centralised at Prince Philip Hospital.
Stroke services remain under review, with further public engagement planned before final decisions.

Future role of hospitals
The Board confirmed the intended future roles of the four main hospitals:
• Bronglais Hospital — broad range of services.
• Glangwili Hospital — increasing focus on acute and emergency care.
• Prince Philip Hospital — expanding planned care role.
• Withybush Hospital — increased planned care activity while continuing initial emergency access.
Health leaders emphasised there would be no change to how patients access emergency departments or minor injury units.
Board leaders respond
Health Board Chair Dr Neil Wooding said the changes were necessary to secure services for the future.
“Our ambition is for people to live healthier lives for longer by supporting people to keep well and preventing ill health,” he said.
“These decisions are not easy, but as a Board we have a duty to ensure that our services provide the best outcomes for our patients and meet the highest standards.”
Lee Davies, Executive Director of Strategy and Planning, said most services now had a clear direction.
“Our priority is always to deliver the highest standards of care for our patients across Hywel Dda and neighbouring communities,” he said.
Next steps
Detailed implementation plans will now be developed, with further engagement expected in areas where decisions are not yet finalised, particularly stroke services.
Patients are being advised to continue attending appointments as normal while the changes are planned.
More information, including board papers and meeting recordings, is available via the Health Board website.
Community
Town council grant helps secure community arts activity in Milford Haven
MILFORD HAVEN’S Torch Theatre has been awarded a £7,500 grant by Milford Haven Town Council, continuing a long tradition of support for community arts at the iconic venue.
Established in 1977 with significant backing from the Town Council, the Torch Theatre remains one of only three building-based professional producing theatres in Wales. It is widely recognised for its in-house productions as well as its extensive youth and community programmes.
The theatre, which operates as a charity, receives public funding through the Arts Council of Wales and Pembrokeshire County Council, alongside support from local businesses and organisations including Milford Haven Port Authority. Leaders at the venue say funding remains essential to maintaining its broad programme of events and activities for the community.
Chelsey Gillard, Interim CEO and Artistic Director at the Torch Theatre, said: “Being awarded grants such as this one from the Town Council helps us to deliver quality arts to the people of Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire and further afield.
“We are very grateful for this continued support and appreciate the work of the Town Council to ensure important provision is supported across Milford.”
The Torch hosts more than 2,000 events and activities each year, attracting over 100,000 visitors. Its community facilities include The Junction, home to the Torch Youth Theatre and a rehearsal space for professional productions. The main auditorium seats 300 people, while the Studio Theatre accommodates 102. The Joanna Field Gallery showcases local exhibitions, and Café Torch serves meals throughout the year.
Ms Gillard added: “We do so much more than what audiences see on stage. Just to name a few of our regular activities, we run a very popular Youth Theatre for ages seven to eighteen, facilitate relaxed environment screenings and shows, host a Welsh learners’ group, Coffi Cymraeg, and hold regular clothes swaps.
“The Torch is also home to Welsh National Opera’s critically acclaimed Cradle Choir for people living with dementia and lots of high-quality classes for adults with disabilities run by Arts Care. All this activity relies on our team of brilliant volunteers and support from grants, trusts and donations.
“This grant will go towards ensuring these activities can continue — thank you.”
-
Business3 days agoMS’s host business advice surgery following demand from Business Rates Online Forum
-
Health12 hours agoHealth board confirms major hospital changes across west Wales
-
Health15 hours agoWithybush loses emergency surgery in shock health board decision
-
Health14 hours agoHealth board: Changes will bring “resilience and sustainability” to West Wales services
-
Crime7 days agoFour arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
-
Community4 days agoHywel Dda hospital services decisions will be made next week
-
Education7 days agoSchool in special measures after inspectors raise safeguarding and leadership concerns
-
Community5 days agoSecond Milford Haven webcam launched after 1.3m views and US TV feature










mitolyn reviews
January 27, 2026 at 12:57 pm
**mitolyn reviews**
Mitolyn is a carefully developed, plant-based formula created to help support metabolic efficiency and encourage healthy, lasting weight management.