News
‘Over 2000 indecent pictures of children’
A SAUNDERSFOOT man appeared in Haverfordwest Magistrates Court on Tuesday, accused of 16 counts of making indecent photographs or pseudophotographs of children, and one count of possession of 2129 indecent pictures of children.
A former employee of Sainsbury’s in Tenby until 2013, Duncan Patterson, age 39, of St Andrews Lodge, Moreton, Saundersfoot, entered no plea to the charge. He will now appear in Swansea Crown Court on May 30. The alleged offences are said to have taken place over a three year period, between March 2010 and March 2013 Patterson has been granted bail.
Crime
MAN charged with GBH with intent following incident involving ‘Pembrokeshire Patriot’
Defendant remanded in custody as case linked to police raids on Friday
A MAN has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent following an incident in Pembroke Dock involving controversial local activist Darren Edmundson, widely known as the “Pembrokeshire Patriot.”
Zack Ian Craig High, aged 26, of Anthem Court, Monkton, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16) accused of unlawfully and maliciously causing grievous bodily harm to Edmundson with intent.
The allegation relates to an incident at an address in Bush Street, Pembroke Dock, on January 29.
No plea was entered during the hearing. Due to the seriousness of the charge, the case was sent directly to Swansea Crown Court under Section 51 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
High was remanded in custody. Magistrates were told bail was refused on multiple grounds, including the nature and seriousness of the offence, concerns he may commit further offences, interfere with witnesses, and issues relating to previous record and character.
He is due to appear at Swansea Crown Court on March 20 at 9:00am for a plea and trial preparation hearing.

Link to major police operation
The charge comes after a significant armed police operation in Pembroke Dock on Friday (Feb 13), which The Pembrokeshire Herald reported extensively at the time.
Heavily equipped officers carried out pre-planned raids in Bush Street and nearby Gordon Street, leading to four arrests including a man detained on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
It is understood the investigation relates to the alleged assault which has now resulted in High being charged.
About the alleged victim

Darren Edmundson has previously attracted attention locally and nationally under the name “Pembrokeshire Patriot,” becoming known for outspoken activism and online broadcasting. His activities and campaigns have generated both support and controversy.
He has also been linked to disputes surrounding a veterans’ support initiative and other activism-related issues, which he has strongly denied wrongdoing.
No further details about Edmundson’s injuries were disclosed during the magistrates’ hearing.
As criminal proceedings are ongoing, Zack Ian Craig High is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in court.
Business
More people come forward after Computer Solutions Wales investigation
Tribunal wage ruling and holiday home dispute add to concerns surrounding business
MORE individuals have contacted The Pembrokeshire Herald following last week’s investigation into complaints linked to Computer Solutions Wales, including a former employee awarded nearly £14,000 by a tribunal and a holiday home owner who says he lost £1,000 over an unfinished job.
The Herald previously reported concerns raised by customers across Pembrokeshire and south Wales alleging missing devices, unpaid refunds and prolonged delays connected to the business.
Since publication, additional readers have come forward with similar accounts.


Tribunal ruling over unpaid wages
Matthew Allen told The Herald he worked for the business between February and July 2023 but did not receive wages.
Employment Tribunal documents seen by this newspaper show his claim against Computer Solutions Pembs Ltd was found to be well founded, with the company ordered to pay £13,952.49 in unpaid wages, notice pay, pension contributions and holiday pay.
The judgment was issued in January 2024.
Mr Allen said he has yet to recover the money and believes the total owed has increased due to interest accruing since the ruling.
Holiday home Wi-Fi dispute
Retired builder David Norman Barrett, who runs holiday accommodation, visited The Herald offices last week and described a separate dispute relating to Wi-Fi installation work.
Mr Barrett said he paid Steven Grant £1,000 to install new equipment at one of his rental properties but the work was not completed.
He said repeated attempts to arrange follow-up visits were met with explanations that Grant was unwell or dealing with other urgent matters.
“One time he said he had collapsed and was in hospital so couldn’t attend. I did not believe him,” Mr Barrett said.
He said Grant later requested additional payments despite the original amount being paid upfront.
Mr Barrett said he eventually instructed another company to complete the work.
“They were excellent and finished everything properly for £600,” he said.
“I was ripped off, and then he blocked me so I couldn’t contact him.”
Mr Barrett’s grandson, Tom, confirmed his account to the newspaper.
Dispute over payment
A Herald reporter contacted Steven Grant by telephone regarding Mr Barrett’s complaint.
Grant confirmed he had received money from Mr Barrett and said he was aware a second company later completed the work, but disputed the amount involved.
“Mr Barrett had given me money, but not £1,000,” he said.
Grant also alleged that Mr Barrett had taken his tools, which he said was the reason he did not return to complete the job.
Mr Barrett denied this allegation, saying: “It’s just another lie on top of all the other lies.”
Grant said he had blocked Mr Barrett because he considered his contact to be harassment. He declined to provide any further comment to The Herald.
Ongoing investigation
The complaints follow The Herald’s earlier report detailing multiple customer concerns relating to repairs and replacement equipment, as well as civil court action taken by some customers.
Companies House records show Computer Solutions Pembs Ltd, previously associated with the business, was dissolved in July 2025 following compulsory strike-off proceedings.
Dyfed-Powys Police previously confirmed that complaints brought to their attention were considered civil matters rather than criminal investigations.
Further individuals have contacted The Herald since publication of the original article. The newspaper is currently speaking to additional witnesses and reviewing documentation to establish which complaints can be placed on the record.
Charity
Long service awards for Tenby surf lifesavers
Three volunteers recognised for years of dedication to keeping beachgoers safe
THREE long-serving members of Tenby Surf Life Saving Club have been recognised for their commitment and dedication, receiving Long Service Awards at the charity’s recent presentation evening.
Jules Rilston, Angelo Fecci and Ian Badham were each honoured for their sustained contributions to surf lifesaving in Tenby over many years of voluntary service.
Club chairman Tai Jackson thanked the trio for their commitment to the club and the wider lifesaving movement on behalf of the committee and members.
Tenby Surf Life Saving Club is a volunteer-led, not-for-profit registered charity and one of 31 volunteer lifeguard clubs across Wales. During 2025, its lifesavers delivered 188 hours of volunteer patrols and assisted 113 people along the coastline.
The club also runs a youth education programme, known as Nippers and Junior Lifesaving, which provided more than 104 hours of training to 60 local children last year. Young participants are taught vital water safety skills, first aid knowledge and how to enjoy water sports safely and sustainably.
The club is currently recruiting new volunteers to support both frontline lifesaving activities and essential behind-the-scenes roles, including committee positions and fundraising support.
-
Health6 days agoHealth Board to decide future of nine key services at two-day meeting
-
Community7 days agoFacebook ‘news’ site targeting Herald editor collapses after community backlash
-
Crime4 days agoFour arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
-
Community1 day agoHywel Dda hospital services decisions will be made next week
-
Crime6 days agoPublican admits supplying cocaine and cannabis at Crown Court
-
Education4 days agoSchool in special measures after inspectors raise safeguarding and leadership concerns
-
Community7 days agoStudents win King’s Trust award for transforming vandalised subway
-
Climate6 days agoPlans for £40m Newgale coastal road upgrade put on hold









