News
Remanded in custody for chemist break-in
A MAN originally from Haverfordwest but now living in Carmarthen has admitted carrying out a pre-Christmas burglary at a chemist shop in Hakin. Morgan Charles Ralph, aged 29, appeared before Judge Peter Heywood at Swansea crown court on Monday (Jan 5) for a plea and case management hearing.
He admitted breaking into the Elders shop in St Annes Road between December 21 and December 24 and stealing £500 in cash, a computer and a quantity of medicines. Judge Heywood said he noted that Ralph had an extensive criminal record although not for burglary.
He agreed to postpone sentencing until a probation officer had prepared a report into his background. Ralph, of Y Felyn, Carmarthen, was remanded to Swansea prison until he is sentenced on January 26. Judge Heywood warned Ralph that the court would consider an immediate prison sentence.
News
Government backs down after Reform legal challenge over postponed local elections
Ministers withdraw decision affecting 30 councils as court claim resolved
THE UK GOVERNMENT has withdrawn its decision to postpone local council elections in England scheduled for May 2026 after a legal challenge brought by Reform UK, according to official court correspondence seen by The Herald.
A letter from the Government Legal Department, dated Monday (Feb 16), confirms that the Secretary of State has decided to reverse the earlier postponement “in the light of recent legal advice”, meaning the elections will now proceed as planned in May.
The claim — Reform UK Party Limited v Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government — had been lodged in the Administrative Court in London.
The correspondence states that the Housing Minister, who had not been involved in the original decision, was asked to reconsider the position urgently due to the tight timetable. Following that review, ministers concluded that the elections should go ahead.
The Government has also indicated it will seek to agree an order with the claimant to formally dispose of the case and will pay Reform UK’s legal costs.
Reform UK leader Nigel Farage claimed victory following the development, writing on social media that the party had “taken this Labour government to court and won”.
He added: “In collusion with the Tories, Keir Starmer tried to stop 4.6 million people voting on May 7th. Only Reform UK fights for democracy.”
The Government has not publicly commented in detail on the claim itself, but the letter makes clear that the reversal was prompted by legal advice rather than a full court judgment.
The dispute centred on the proposed postponement of elections across 30 local authorities, a move which critics argued would have delayed millions of voters from going to the polls.
With the decision now withdrawn, preparations for May’s local elections are expected to proceed as normal.

Local Government
MoD plans for Pembrokeshire site submitted to council
PLANS for specialist MoD air traffic radio direction finding equipment works at Pembrokeshire’s Cawdor barracks, where a ‘DARC’ deep space radar facility is proposed, have been submitted to the council.
Cawdor barracks, Brawdy, is occupied by the 14th Signal Regiment who are due to vacate the Barracks in 2028.
A formal screening opinion call, under Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, submitted to Pembrokeshire County Council by agent Montagu Evans on behalf of the ministry of Defence (MoD) has been submitted relating to renewal works to be undertaken to the air traffic equipment at Cawdor Barracks.
A supporting statement says: “The Ministry of Defence are progressing a full planning application with associated Environmental Statement for a Deep Space Advanced Radar Capability (DARC) Facility on part of the barracks site.
“ This project has yet to be submitted for approval and is being brought forward independently of the renewal works to the Radio Direction Finder.
“The Cawdor Barracks airfield includes a Directional Finder (DF) which forms part of the service operated under a requirement from the National Air Traffic Services (NATS) and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
“It forms part of the nation-wide system automatic triangulation and distress, and diversion network regulate by the CAA on behalf of NATS. It is located towards the centre of the airfield.
“The network of DF installations is a civilian rather than military requirement, and allows bearing data to be provided to the Distress and Diversion Cell at NATS Swanwick. This is a national service which locates and supports aircraft in distress and manages the diversion of other aircraft.
“The current DF equipment comprises a 0.5m cabinet for electronics, a counterpose mounted the building which holds the ultra-high frequency antennas and a mast upon which the antenna array of 18 antennas is mounted.
“The existing DF equipment is reaching the end of its operational life and must be replaced at a manner which allows for continued operations. It is to be replaced with a High-Resolution Direction Finder (HRDF) which is being managed under the Ministry of Defence’s MARSHALL programme.
The new equipment will allow signals to be received from aircraft up to approximately 90 nautical miles (Nm) from the site, providing maximum coverage of the area through including the Bristol Channel and St Georges Channel.
“The existing DF will remain operational during installation of the new equipment. Once the HRDF is operational, the existing system will be decommissioned and removed from the site. Works are to commence in early 2026 and completed by early 2027.”
Crime
Driver admits killing dog walker whose body was found in churchyard
Guilty plea entered at Swansea Crown Court after fatal hit-and-run days before Christmas
A MAN has admitted causing the death of a Carmarthenshire dog walker after striking him with a car and leaving the scene.
Daniel Wyke, aged 28, of Carmarthen, appeared before Swansea Crown Court on Monday (Feb 16) where he pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving.
The victim, Aaron Jones, aged 38, from Llanpumsaint, was discovered in a churchyard near Caer Salem Baptist Chapel on December 23, 2024 — just days before Christmas.

The court heard that Mr Jones, a father of two, had suffered catastrophic injuries after being struck by a vehicle at around 7:20pm. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Prosecutor Ian Wright told the court there was extensive damage to the windscreen of the vehicle involved, consistent with a serious impact.

Mr Jones’ body was found after his dog was discovered wandering alone by a passer-by, who contacted his wife and raised the alarm, prompting a search of the area.
Wyke was arrested the following day.
In addition to the fatal collision, he had also faced a separate allegation of dangerous driving on Water Street in Carmarthen. That charge was denied and remains outstanding.
His Honour Judge Paul Thomas KC granted Wyke bail but imposed an immediate driving disqualification.
A provisional sentencing date has been set for March 30.
-
Health5 days agoHealth Board to decide future of nine key services at two-day meeting
-
Community6 days agoFacebook ‘news’ site targeting Herald editor collapses after community backlash
-
Community11 hours agoHywel Dda hospital services decisions will be made next week
-
Crime3 days agoFour arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
-
Crime5 days agoPublican admits supplying cocaine and cannabis at Crown Court
-
Community6 days agoStudents win King’s Trust award for transforming vandalised subway
-
Climate5 days agoPlans for £40m Newgale coastal road upgrade put on hold
-
Charity6 days agoCelebrating the impact of the Bluestone Foundation







Anonymous
May 3, 2018 at 4:16 pm
That obnoxious creature,morgan ralph is an alcoholic drug addict!!!i know him VERY well…That thing has spent most of his life in prison!!!! And will ccontinue to do so!!..Never done burglary????BULL…that thing smashed my window n rifled thru my house,my unerware draw,stealing £80 in 20pence coins…stole a phone…and stole several items of newellery…How did he get away with it?????IT TURNED “COPPERS NARK”…Its due out of Bridgend Prison on 11th June…just a few weeks away!!!..PEMBROKESHIRE BE AWARE!!!
Anonymous
October 24, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Hahaha Janet ???? Dunno her last name these days as she has had so many husbands I don’t even think she nos her last name, Janet is a very strange creature of neyland with no friends and even her family don’t like her. I’m glad her house got broken into that’s what she gets for bumping her gums, this woman is a spiteful horrible excuse of a human being, role on the day she dies, she won’t be missed, obviously she don’t like Morgan Ralph and I no very well he don’t like her. Hahahaha Janet Ralph, whatling or what ever mans names she’s got these days all the best!!! Waaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Anonymous
December 15, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Another mental druggy arnt you!!!she is actually a very nice n well respcted lady..
Anonymous
December 15, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Hey ginger…just read wot ya sed about ya stepmum…shud be ashamed of yaself.drugged up wen ya sent it wuz ya?????? Hear ya up in court nxt week again 4 yet another crime ya committed.banged up again then.
Anonymous
June 8, 2019 at 7:20 am
So morgan ralph battered and almost killed another woman!.He’l be walking the streets again in just over a year!!!! Why the hell isnt he banged up for at least 10 years for attempted murder???? Because Attempted Murder it was!!!!!.
Anonymous
August 10, 2019 at 7:41 pm
Oooh oooh oooh…fiona power had the audacity to show her ugly mug in neyland…..family put it around that the piece of evil shit was staying with relatives in London…..LONDON??????holed uop on the
Anonymous
September 2, 2019 at 3:59 pm
Just got back from working in another country..lo n behold morgan ralph has hit the headlines again.even the national newspapers!!.almost murdered a young lass..again…n all he gets is little more than a year behind bars…that piece of dog dirt shud be hanged.he’s a Psycopath…..like his ol man..ive seen his old man’s wife struggle with broken ribs many times over n the marks around her neck…the apple dont fall far from the tree…
Anonymous
September 2, 2019 at 4:42 pm
Cudnt agree more pal…shit like that has no right to live alongside decent people..theyl get comeuppance….
Anonymous
September 3, 2019 at 4:07 pm
Hi mate…i agree…totally…seen micks missess marks too.also seen mcks injuries too.inflicted by that nutter son of his…mick was battered black n blue with a concrete post n the nutter wrapped a plastic bag around his dads head to suffocate him….yes..came into the pub like that..a pathetic sight…but lets not forget wot mick has put his wife thru….she’s looking more calm these days since she left him..
Anonymous
June 22, 2020 at 8:57 pm
To everyone in wales..especially the young lady that nutter morgan ralph almost murdered last year,he is getting out of prison this friday..26th June 2020…BE AWARE…
Anonymous
June 26, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Nutter Morgan Ralph was released from prison today!!!!!.
Anonymous
July 11, 2020 at 10:17 am
Janet no one cares, trawling my name all the time.
Anonymous
July 19, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Leave Ure names then????
Anonymous
July 29, 2020 at 4:23 pm
Was in swansea nik with ya…never tried murder tho..
Anonymous
August 1, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Never tried murder? What u mean?
Anonymous
August 5, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Tried ta murder the lass in her own home in Harford didnt ya!!! Poor lass had to jump outa her flat window didnt she….Cops were there to save her…
Anonymous
August 5, 2020 at 7:09 pm
To anyone out there reading this…..DO NOT pay Michael Ralph to do work in your home…Just spoke to his missus..He totally fkd up her plumbing…PROPER..cost her hundreds to pay a proper plumber to put it right…
Anonymous
November 5, 2020 at 4:13 pm
.
Anonymous
December 3, 2020 at 5:53 pm
Oi oi
Anonymous
March 17, 2021 at 5:32 pm
I i
Anonymous
September 1, 2021 at 4:45 pm
R
Mr probz
September 30, 2021 at 11:11 am
Not good
Mr probz
September 30, 2021 at 11:12 am
Not good at all
https://owlbadges.com
December 29, 2025 at 10:30 pm
Thanks for the comprehensive overview. Very helpful!