News
Threatening text led to arrest
THE CASE of a Haverfordwest man who pleaded guilty to two charges was adjourned until June 10 to allow for a report to be conducted.
Arron Yarker, aged 21, of Goshawk Road, pleaded guilty to sending a threatening text message and possessing a blade on April 19. Prosecuting, Ellie Morgan said: “On April 19, a phone call was made to inform the owner of the flat, Stuart Phillips, that a window had been broken. “There had not been any issues between Yarker and the owner of the flat prior to this incident. “The police became involved and Yarker was arrested for breaking that window. He was released soon after. “Later that evening Mr Phillips received three texts. Although they were from an unrecognised number, it was clear from the context of the messages that they had come from Yarker. “One of them said ‘See your poxy flat, I’ll set the f****** thing on fire’. “Because of the threat, officers went to the address and saw him walking on Pilgrims Way. “He took a kitchen knife out and indicated that he was going to cut himself. He was then taken to the police station for questioning. “He didn’t think the texts were threatening, they were sent out of anger”. Defending, Mark Layton said: “The knife was not used to harm anybody and there were no dangerous circumstances. “The only person that would have suffered was himself, he felt very low and had thoughts of self-harm”. Magistrates released Yarker on conditional bail, with the condition being that he co-operates with the probation service.
Crime
Man sent to Crown Court over strangulation and assault allegations in Pembroke Dock
A 46-YEAR-OLD man has been sent to the Crown Court to face multiple charges including intentional strangulation following an alleged incident in Pembroke Dock.
Fazlur Rahman, aged 46, of Lewis Street, Pembroke Dock, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16).
The court heard he faces three allegations arising from an incident on February 13, 2026, at an address in Hawkstone Road, Pembroke Dock.
The charges include intentional strangulation of a female, assault by beating, and racially or religiously aggravated harassment, alarm or distress, relating to words allegedly directed towards a police officer.
No pleas were entered at this stage.
Magistrates sent the case to Swansea Crown Court for trial under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Rahman was granted conditional bail. His bail conditions include not contacting the complainant directly or indirectly and not entering Hawkstone Road, Pembroke Dock. The court was told the conditions were imposed to prevent further offending, avoid interference with witnesses and ensure his attendance at court.
The next hearing, a plea and trial preparation hearing, is listed at Swansea Crown Court on March 20 at 9:00am.
Crime
Man remanded in custody over Tenby grievous bodily harm allegation
A 35-YEAR-OLD man has been remanded in custody after appearing before magistrates charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm following an alleged incident in Tenby.
Lewis Thompson-Gill, aged 35, of Worcester Road, Little Witley, Worcestershire, appeared at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16) for a mention hearing.
The court heard he is accused of unlawfully and maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm on a woman on or about December 28, 2025, in Tenby. The allegation is contrary to section 20 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861.
No plea was entered.
Magistrates remanded Thompson-Gill in custody. The court was told bail was refused due to concerns he was likely to offend, could cause injury or fear of injury to an associated person, and might interfere with witnesses or obstruct the course of justice. Previous record and character were also cited.
The matter was adjourned for a further mention hearing at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday, February 23 at 10:00am, which is expected to take place via live video link.
A custody time limit has been set to expire on April 13, 2026. A trial is provisionally listed for March 2 at 2:00pm, with an estimated duration of two hours and 30 minutes.
Crime
Fraud charge for Pembroke Dock man adjourned for trial
A 26-YEAR-OLD man from Pembroke Dock has appeared before magistrates charged with fraud by false representation.
Alfie Shelley, aged 26, of Market Street, Pembroke Dock, appeared at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Monday (Feb 16) for his first hearing.
The court heard the allegation relates to an incident on April 19, 2025, at an address in Bush Street, Pembroke Dock, where it is alleged Shelley dishonestly made a false representation intending to cause loss to Neil Hiatt or expose him to a risk of loss.
The charge is brought under sections 1 and 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.
No plea was entered at this stage.
Shelley was granted conditional bail. As part of his bail conditions, he must not contact Neil Hiatt or Ellie Hiatt directly or indirectly.
The court was told the conditions were imposed to prevent interference with witnesses and to ensure the course of justice is not obstructed.
The case was adjourned for trial at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, March 26 at 12:00pm.
-
Health6 days agoHealth Board to decide future of nine key services at two-day meeting
-
Community7 days agoFacebook ‘news’ site targeting Herald editor collapses after community backlash
-
Crime4 days agoFour arrested in armed police operation across Pembroke Dock
-
Community1 day agoHywel Dda hospital services decisions will be made next week
-
Crime6 days agoPublican admits supplying cocaine and cannabis at Crown Court
-
Community7 days agoStudents win King’s Trust award for transforming vandalised subway
-
Education4 days agoSchool in special measures after inspectors raise safeguarding and leadership concerns
-
Climate6 days agoPlans for £40m Newgale coastal road upgrade put on hold




